Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure thing, she will start probiotic right away.

She was nervous to take prenatal just because she haven't heard someone taking it on a random basis and without being pregnant, maybe that's how it is known to be used here in Bulgaria. She does take multivitamin by Jamieson, not sure if you've heard about them but they are considered to include everything one needs. She takes fish oil separately and will add probiotic today.

We will replace the second coffee with black/green tea, thanks.

I wouldn't say I am worried about the additional releases in particular. I just want to avoid anything that could sway pink and to do everything that can sway blue but since this worked for you and since you are saying that the releases inside may create a more boy-friendly environment, I am totally fine to give it a try.

We do have some dairy but kinda decreased it a bit. We do eat pork, chicken, veal and definitely taking a good amount of animal fat. We take some good portion protein as well.

I am working out (weights) every second day while DW is doing stretching exercises for flexibility (yoga included) twice a week + weights exercises two-three times a week. We are both trying to avoid cardio. Does that sound right?
    Last edited by Stafa; January 11th, 2021 at 09:08 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok I see. Prenatal would replace the multivitamin (you don't need to take them both at the same time) and it's fine to take a prenatal when not pregnant.

But that multi is ok too. She can just keep going with that.

Everything else is looking great! You may want to eat the most red meat, and the least pork, with the chicken sort of in between. The kind of fat in red meat may be a bit better than that in the pork.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I have nothing else to say but thank you so much for your time and tips, Atomic!

We are getting closer to the "real deal" - we'll most likely start the actual attempts at the beginning of February and I hope everything will go according to plan. Will keep you updated and thanks again!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My pleasure! Let me know if you need anything else!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again Atomic!

We are getting close to our actual attempts (DW expects her AF to be here in a day or two, so we are probably 10-20 days away from TTC) and I just wanted to sum up everything we’ve done so far, to make sure we are on the right path and see if there is anything else we can do as a last chance to take the odds in our favour.

In terms of lifestyle:

I am home office for almost an year now, working with relatively moderate level of stress. Most of the stress comes from the question if everything will go well and of course, if we will manage to do a successful blue sway. I am having some sort of high protein cottage cheese with powder protein, oat flakes, banana, sometimes dark chocolate and peanut butter for my breakfast. Lunch is often some fish/meatballs/chicken/pork and some salad, a snack similar to the breakfast and mainly meat or salad with tuna fish (always trying to be protein rich) for dinner. I drink a beer or a glass of wine per day tops and 50-100ml vodka once a week (mainly if there is a party or any other occasion), eating junk (chips and stuff) 2-3 times a week too. I work out 3-4 times a week (at home as all gyms are closed now). I am not doing any cardio and am taking Vit D, E, Zink, probiotic, fish oil, L-Carnitine and Arginine. Switched to 1 coffee and 1 tea, instead of 2 coffees daily.

DW is doing babysitting as her main “job” as DD is 17months old and still at home. Sometimes she is a bit stressed and tired because of all the energy she puts in taking care of our little one. She works out 2-3 times per week, no cardio too. She eats oat flakes with rice milk, powder protein and banana for breakfast, same lunch as me, protein waffle (bar) as a snack and often same dinner as me - trying to take a lot more protein than she used to before. She is taking Multivitamin, probiotic and fish oil as well. 1-2 coffees per day, some lemon water from time to time too.

I think we are both in a way better shape than when we made our DD. I gained two-three kilos for the past 1 month but haven’t stopped working out at all.

Is there anything we can change in terms of lifestyle for the remaining ~ two weeks until we start our actual attempts?
    In terms of DTD and as far as I understood, we shall start having sex right after her AF is over every two days and when we get close to the ovulation day we will try to do as many attempts as possible on the day before O, twice on O day and the day after O (if we manage to confirm which day is it exactly). Last month we used OPK but didn’t get any adequate information (not sure if we did something wrong) as she went to her doctor and he confirmed that her O was the exact same day as her phone app predicted - the ovulation strips didn’t confirm that, though. That said, this is one of the things I am still worried about but I guess just as many attempts as possible is what we are after? Also, to confirm - relasing inside every time we have sex, right?

I have also written down all your tips on DTD, laying down and all other stuff you recommended. Is there anything else we can do? Do you think subscribing to any of your plans can make a difference? I am willing to do whatever it takes. If it's too late for any special plans, I still appreciate your help and can pay for all the information you shared, or simply donate to your cause, I don't know.

Huge thanks once again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we talked about this already, but your wife is avoiding dairy for the sway, right??

What type of protein is in the protein powder?? Soy, or whey?

Yes that is the pattern I like to see, with the release inside. that is how most of us with all boys got our boys.

While I always appreciate the plans, as they enable me to do this as my full time job, the truth is I wouldn't give you any more info than I already have here.

If anyone ever wants to give me a "tip" LOL you guys can Paypal me at gregory149@paypal.com, but I help everyone I can for free. The money I earn helps me to be able to keep doing this rather than having to work outside the home, though.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the quick reply, Atomic!

I wouldn't say DW is avoiding dairy super strictly - she just decreased it, she still has some pizza with mozzarella cheese, pasta with parmesan cheese, yoghurt from time to time. She is also taking calcium from the rice milk she uses for breakfast. Are there any changes we need to make in this aspect?

It's a whey powder protein we both use.

As for the tip - Paypal is not that widely used in BG and I personally don't have one but I will make sure to find a way to thank you for all your help! I really appreciate what you are doing

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok great! All that sounds fantastic! The rice milk is fine in moderation as long as she's still getting some dairy fat from somewhere.

The whey protein is fine too. It's soy I don't like.

Hey, no worries - I help everyone for free, it's just a way some people have said thanks now and then. sending you all the blue dust I can!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again, Atomic!

The time has come, so last questions here (hopefully)

DW AF came on January 29th and is about to be over tomorrow (February 5th) but here comes the first question - it actually ends today according to her phone app but she says she still have that little brown thing so it's most likely to be over tomorrow? Is it OK to consider tomorrow its last day and start our attempts every other day?

According to her app, her O is on the 10th this month (CD 13), 6 days from now, so If we start BDing tomorrow, we will do it on the 5th, 7th and then 9th, two times on 10th (O day) and one last attempt on 11th, right or is there a better pattern you would recommend? Following the CD, that would mean BD on CD 8, CD 10, CD 12, 2 times on CD 13 and last one on CD 14?

I know you don't really trust apps but this one proved right as it matched her O day last month with what DW doctor said. Her AF is usually constant, at 28 days. It got late 2-3 days this month, most probably due to the supplements she started taking about a month ago.

Any last suggestions to take the odds in our favor - like increase caffeine, workout more intensively, eat more vegetables, add coq10, add coconut water, get more meat, add more fruits or anything else that you think can help us? Given our first child, I believe that things will happen from the first time and I really really want to make sure I've done everything on my powers to sway blue and get that so-wanted baby boy.

Thank you!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! Regardless of what the phone app says just start the attempts when you feel comfortable.

I would like to see you also have attempt on CD 15in case of delayed ovulation. Even if the app was right in the past, there is no guarantee that it will be right in the future.

If her period was late, though, it may mean she ovulated later. Supplements cannot make a period be late. Supplements affect ovulation, and then the period comes later in the month because ovulation also came later in the month.

It is certainly fine to add more veg and meat, etc, if you like. But I would not increase exercise or caffeine. I think your body would misinterpret that as times being harder. And I would not bother starting coq10 either. It's too late for any benefit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast