Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the probiotics, while you don't need to wean off them, since you have some left, I'd just keep them around and take them now and then as kind of a maintenance dose. They're good for you.

You can absolutely switch out the fish oil for pregnancy DHA but do NOT up the dose (some of the pregnancy DHA are freaky high doses). If the pregnancy DHA is a lower dose then just make the switch gradually.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay no problem I’ll just take them occasionally and I’m going to continue with the fish oil I’m currently taking every 2nd day because I have way too many left lol.

Bloodwork all came back fine and confirmed pregnancy (YAY!)
    but my dr said my iron is still low. It’s at 19 and he said it should be at 30. I’ve been taking iron supplements for a couple months now and have been eating leafy greens and red meat every day without fail since starting HE, so for 9 weeks now. I Don’t understand how it could still be low. Could it be because everyday I take all my daily supplements and follow it up with a smoothie and a handful of almonds? Because I read that calcium blocks iron absorption and just found out almonds are high in calcium. I’m worried I may have ruined my blue sway if my iron was low at conception does this sway pink?

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Iron is quite hard to absorb. Just follow your doctor's recommendations on getting it up where it should be. Early pregnancy is a time you need a lot of iron.

I doubt the smoothie with almonds is in any way preventing you from absorbing iron, but if you like, you can have it at a different time of day. Mostly when they talk about calcium absorbing iron they mean high doses of calcium supplements.

I always have low iron, and I have four boys. Iron seems to be one of those things that doesn't strongly affect a sway, unlike some of the other nutrients. You've been doing GREAT on your diet so keep up the good work by eating right in pregnancy and then follow your doc's guidelines about the best way to get your iron up.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Iron is quite hard to absorb. Just follow your doctor's recommendations on getting it up where it should be. Early pregnancy is a time you need a lot of iron.

I doubt the smoothie with almonds is in any way preventing you from absorbing iron, but if you like, you can have it at a different time of day. Mostly when they talk about calcium absorbing iron they mean high doses of calcium supplements.

I always have low iron, and I have four boys. Iron seems to be one of those things that doesn't strongly affect a sway, unlike some of the other nutrients. You've been doing GREAT on your diet so keep up the good work by eating right in pregnancy and then follow your doc's guidelines about the best way to get your iron up.
    Thank you so much for your reassurance Atomic! I don’t take additional calcium but there is 120mg in my multi that I take at the same time as I take the iron tablet. I’m going to start taking the iron before bed, away from all the other supps I’m taking.

Regarding the diet, when is it safe to start easing up on it a little? Although I must admit I have been ravenous this past week so I’m instinctively eating HE anyway.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're not crash dieting and eating when you're hungry that is fine. The issue we have with blue swayers is that many of them are pathologically afraid of gaining weight, and so the second they see a BFP they begin dieting, some of them planning to gain NO wegiht or even lose weight during pregnancy. Just treat this like any other pregnancy and eat what you would normally eat (or even more if you were eating way more when swaying.)

8. Thanks DisneyBaby thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12