Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Londongirl1990 View Post
    Yeah I thought the same, thank you. I thought we are only supposed to BD 3 days O-1, O ,O+1. Apologies this is all new to me, I have 3 kids boy, girl , girl so this would be my last hence the sway for my son. I plan to try in April time. Have you been using pressed or anything else like drinking the cough syrup on your ovulation week? Xx good luck with your sway xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It depends on the kind of sway you want. Some people cannot let go of Shettles timing even though it's been completely debunked, and they have 3 attempts (but O-1 and O Day - so you have 2 attempts one of those days). There has never been a proven pregnancy on O+1. Now, we have people have sex that day because their ovulation may be delayed, NOT because O+1 is a desirable day to have sex for a boy. The egg is either fertilized or dead by that point if you ovulate on the day you think you did.

Those of us who have either given up on timing or don't care about it because it's been so thoroughly debunked have sex outside of that narrow range because there is evidence that indicates regular unprotected sex makes you more fertile, and theories that say it may make you more blue friendly. It is also in line with what many of us myself included did when we got our boys. Most of us have unprotected sex all the time when not trying, just use protection in the fertile window, and then when we start trying, we have sex thru the fertile window. Lots of exposure to hormones in semen and we got our boys that way.

It's all about which option feels right to you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello

December was my first official month of having period since giving birth as I was breastfeeding until 13months. So
    It’s my first cycle but I have never tracked hence why this is all new to me I guess my confusion is why I am ovulating 2 week after my period shouldn’t it be straight after the following week.

What supplements are you taking ? Not sure if the prengacare has anything to do with it or not but i did read it can mess up ur cycle but many in the UK take it for boy sway so jot sure.

When u planning to properly tcc, sending u lots lots of blue dust hopefully we got this xx

Ok I get it, thanks for explaining so clearly.

The most likely explanation is that your first cycle may be a bit weird. But yes, that's how the Pregnacare messes things up, is by delaying ovulation. Based on ten years and into the tens of thousands of people, I do not recommend Pregnacare (and they even had to add a warning onto their website that people were seeing their cycle get disrupted on that vitamin.)

That having been said, that is still considered in a normal range of ovulation. Ovulating CD 21 or so is not a big deal. If it gets way more delayed or stops all together then we might have to take steps (and I do still recommend coming off the Pregnacare for some other supplement instead) but it's not a huge deal that you ovulated later.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

The most likely explanation is that your first cycle may be a bit weird. But yes, that's how the Pregnacare messes things up, is by delaying ovulation. Based on ten years and into the tens of thousands of people, I do not recommend Pregnacare (and they even had to add a warning onto their website that people were seeing their cycle get disrupted on that vitamin.)

That having been said, that is still considered in a normal range of ovulation. Ovulating CD 21 or so is not a big deal. If it gets way more delayed or stops all together then we might have to take steps (and I do still recommend coming off the Pregnacare for some other supplement instead) but it's not a huge deal that you ovulated later.
    Thank you atomic i might see how this cycle is in the coming perhaps it was weird as it was my first period. No I am not fussed on timing just which ever one has a better chance of baby blue, can you have unprotected sex every day in the month then to ensure you hit all fertile days, or does that hinder the quality of sperm?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What supplements do you recommend substituting for?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic i might see how this cycle is in the coming perhaps it was weird as it was my first period. No I am not fussed on timing just which ever one has a better chance of baby blue, can you have unprotected sex every day in the month then to ensure you hit all fertile days, or does that hinder the quality of sperm?

You can't have sex every day because then your husband's sperm count becomes too depleted. We want to aim at sex every 2-4 days in the non-fertile time of month, and then during the fertile window O-2 through O Day (and then usually a couple days after that in case of delayed O) hit it every day.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What supplements do you recommend substituting for?

Women's One a Day or Centrum with 100% of most nutrients. I do not like anything that has great big doses of B Vitamins and added herbs in it that some of the Pregnacares have.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't have sex every day because then your husband's sperm count becomes too depleted. We want to aim at sex every 2-4 days in the non-fertile time of month, and then during the fertile window O-2 through O Day (and then usually a couple days after that in case of delayed O) hit it every day.
    Thank you atomic, based on your knowledge and experience what have you seen to be more successful blue sway, bd every everyday or every 2 days in the fertile window or having the 2/3 attempts as close to ovulation as possible? Xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 9jamama01 View Post
    I also have 3 kids, boy, girl, girl too, and I am sure dh and I had way more sex when we conceived ds than when we had the girls.

I am not using preseed or cough syrup. Since I started swaying I've had more ewcm. But I took some grape juice a week before ovulation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Good luck sounds like we are in the same position, I think so too, with my son we were bd a lot as I essentially getting pregnant and with my 1st daughter she was a accident pull out and other daughter one time only. May I ask are you doing the shuttles method BD close to ovulation or are you BD all week
    In the fertile window xx

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic, based on your knowledge and experience what have you seen to be more successful blue sway, bd every everyday or every 2 days in the fertile window or having the 2/3 attempts as close to ovulation as possible? Xx

It makes no difference as long as you have the 3 or more attempts in the fertile window. timing doesn't work. It doesn't sway at all. The only reason I do the 2-3 attempts right at ovulation is to placate people who want timing but it doesn't matter as long as you're in the fertile window.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It makes no difference as long as you have the 3 or more attempts in the fertile window. timing doesn't work. It doesn't sway at all. The only reason I do the 2-3 attempts right at ovulation is to placate people who want timing but it doesn't matter as long as you're in the fertile window.
    Great thank you that’s what I intend to do.
    Is this okay for women to take too or just men some sites recommend it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast