Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not asking you to believe everything is ok. I understand spotting is terrifying. But in the here and now worrying gets you nothing (and in fact probably aggravates anything going on by raising your stress level and blood pressure), and you will have time enough to worry if (and hopefully they won't) things get worse.

Here's the thing - even if you weren't spotting at all you can't be sure everything is ok. Many of us go in to the doctor thinking everything is fine, no spotting at all, only to find out our baby passed away or never even started to develop at all. No pregnancy has a guarantee, unfortunately. So you're really no worse off than you would be in a pregnancy that had no spotting (I know it's hard to see things that way, but it's true!)

All spotting has a tendency to be better at night because you're laying down and worse in the day when you're awake and moving around. It's from gravity and activity. I would just try to take it easy during the day NOT because you're preventing anything dire from happening (if something dire is happening, it will happen whether or not you're taking it easy) but because the spotting is distressing you and maybe you won't feel as distressed if you're not seeing it as often.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply Atomic. I really appreciate your wise words and support thank you so much, will keep that in mind ❤

Atomic hope you don't mind me asking when you had your 5 day bleed did the doctors ever get to the bottom of what caused it?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 18th, 2021 at 04:03 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was pregnant with twins and one didn't make it. I also had a placenta previa which resolved itself before birth. We don't know which the cause was. Neither of these things was figured out till much later on so for many months the bleeding was explained by my doctor as something that happens fairly commonly in pregnancy.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry to hear that atomic, I hope it didn't upset you me bringing the detail up I assumed it may have just been put down as 'unexplained'.

I am still having the spotting I can't believe how long it's going on for (12th day today) sometimes it is faint, sometimes it is stringy discharge which is stained.
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 18th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not at all, I'm actually glad for the experience because it really does help me help you. Most people never find out a reason so in my case I can point to it and both explain that this actually DID happen to a real person, not some mystical person in a medical book somewhere, and also that there are some reasons that it can happen that are actually not pregnancy-ending. And I know my baby and I will meet again someday.

That discharge is at the root of a lot of spotting, I think. Since we have more discharge in pregnancy, what can happen is that a very small amount of blood from a cervical injury can mix with that discharge and start to look like a lot more than it really is. While we can't know for sure I would be cautiously optimistic.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww bless you, you will meet again ❤

I forgot to say I have also noticed in the toilet probably 4 times a piece of tissue/a clot not sure how to define it I am assuming it maybe more classed as a clot, it hasn't been big but still noticeable. Could that come from the cervix or am I clutching at straws? also we haven't had sex since we tried to concieve so can a cervix still be injured some other way?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 18th, 2021 at 04:26 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any time there's bleeding there can be clots. Or it could be that in this case rather than having bleeding from the cervix, you lost a small amount of lining from a place other than where the baby is implanting. This early on, there would not BE anything built up from the pregnancy yet (just a tiny ball of cells at the start) so whatever you're seeing it would not be tissue from a pregnancy ending.

Yes, when the cervix is very soft it can be injured from straining to go #2 or sneezing or even just exertion. Or it could be cervical erosion from hormones.

Have you taken another pregnancy test recently?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply Atomic. Yes I did the clearblue digital test yesterday and it said pregnant not sure what's happening though as the weeks indicator didn't go up to 2-3 weeks until 8 days ago, I was hoping it would go to 3+ yesterday (as this was a week later) but it still said 2-3 Do you know if the clearblue weeks indicator tests are accurate?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 19th, 2021 at 04:25 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are not accurate. You would need to have beta blood tests by your doctor to see if your pregnancy is progressing.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the scan atomic they couldn't see anything so looks like I lost it I feel so devasted. She said the lining is still there. They wanted to do an internal scan but I refused that, so they have taken a beta HCG blood test, the result was 790 I have no idea if that's too low for 6 weeks and 1 day? Will be having my 2nd test in a couple of days.

Update: I just passed two 1.5 inch clots, looks like it's gone
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 21st, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast