Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, thanks for your reply.

When you say change the vitamin gradually do you mean every few days take the pregnancy vitamins whilst on centrum?

I am currently taking algae omega 3 and was looking for a good quality fish oil i have found this but it is 1000mg, do you recommend people to take 1000mg every other day or is it best to stick with a 500mg fish oil daily? I don't want to ruin my chances so happy to go with what you advise. If 1000mg is fine every other day is the below ok?

https://www.highernature.com/everyda...SAAEgLyxPD_BwE

Have you had people concieve blue who did take pregnacare conception? Do you have stats on which multivitamin was best?

About the chia seeds I am worried now, we were up until Saturday having them id say 3/4 times a week with our porridge, haven't had since Saturday and will stop now altogether. We are planning to try in just under 3 weeks do you think the chia seeds we have had could risk the sway? Are there any other foods we need to avoid? We are Indian just so you know I think I have read you are aware of Indian diets!

Does my husband need to have coffee or red bull just prior to trying to concieve? I have read about this don't know if it helps with blue sway?

Can we use a condom during the ttc cycle? We are planning to do the babydust method do you have any thoughts on this?

How often should my husband be releasing from now until we try to concieve?

Are you meant to be getting a good amount of sleep and well rested to sway blue?

Thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 16th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, like take the one 2 days and the other 2 days, then gradually increase the amount of days till you're taking just the new one.

You just don't want to go from one level of nutrients to another suddenly (particularly if there is a decrease in nutrients)

I am not getting why you wouldn't just keep taking the algal oil, which is the appropriate dose. it does not have to be fish oil, the Algal oil is fine. I would much rather see you continue the appropriate dose of Omega 3 than do 1000 mg every other day. This is acceptable but I prefer the smaller dose daily.

I am sure people have gotten boys on Pregnacare. There are also people who have seen huge disruptions in their cycle on Pregnacare and ended up having a lot of trouble with it. I will never recommend Pregnacare, you take it at your own risk.

I don't keep stats on multivitamins because most of them would have very few results and the small sample sizes would be useless information. Plus there's just a very limited amount of things I can track.

The chia seeds are likely fine at that intake, I'm being very conservative with my recommendations. Yes I know a good amount about Indian cuisine because I have had so many Indian clients over the years! I would go ahead and try just make the adjustment from here on in.

I don't think the coffee/Red Bull helps your husband at all. It makes sperm swim a little faster in a study, but that has not been proven to help the gender ratio any. In fact the fastest sperm are often dead by the time they make it to the egg, and they appear to have some other purpose we don't know. Additionally (and this is the big reason) men who drink caffeine often end up unable to sleep, and so they become tired and unable to have sex for the later attempts. I have seen gobs of couples who have an early attempt (say O-3 or whatever) and then their husband gets so tired he can't even make it to the O Day attempt!

Yes, you can use an unspermicide, unlubricated condom if you would like. Babydust Method is dishonest junk based on "science" that has been thoroughly debunked. I regularly have people show up here who have been trying for a year and not conceiving with it. I strongly urge you to have 3 attempts in the fertile window (you can do this O-1 thru O Day if you want to keep timing, by having one attempt the night of O-1, one in the morning of O Day, and then again that night - so 2x on O Day).

I would have your husband release every 2-4 days. This is best for sperm health and quality.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok will do thanks Atomic.

For some reason I just had it in my head that fish oil is better, I know animal products are meant to be better for blue I guess I just thought to compensate for being vegetarian. Ok I will stick with the algae supplement instead. The only thing with the 1 i have which i didnt realise when i got it, it states 1 tablet gives 'on average' 352mg of omega 3, DHA is 207mg, EPA is 123mg and DPA is 22mg. My husband and I are taking 1 a day, it says we can take 1 to 2 daily. What do you suggest? I could find an alternative which has 500mg if that would be better as I want to make sure we are getting what we need? Here is the link to the one I have:

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...tgels-60010638

Ok I have been taking the pregnacare conception for a few months thankfully it hasn't affected my cycle so far.

Will do we have stopped the chia seeds altogether, only took as they were high in protein being vegetarian. Are there any other foods you feel we should stay away from?

Ok thanks for clarifying we won't use coffee or red bull prior to ttc.

Thanks for the suggestions Atomic with timing, I guess I am feeling quite nervous about the timing aspect as both daughter's we concieved by trying every other day after my period and then it was usually 3 days in a row - the day before ovulation, ovulation day and the day after ovulation, I am wandering if because of all those attempts it reduced my husbands sperm count? Do you believe the timing that boys are more likely concieved near ovulation? Sorry does 0-1 mean the day before ovulation?

As we tried every other day when we concieved our 2 daughters I am thinking maybe him releasing every 2 days would be too often? Would 4 days be a safer bet?

Thanks so much for all your advice

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just take one of the algal oils.

Foods to avoid (most of theses you don't eat anyway):
    Shellfish
    Organ meats
    Artificial sweeteners
    Oils from things that are not even FOOD (cottonseed, canola, safflower)
    Shortening
    Spirulina and chlorella supplements
    Protein shakes containing high amounts of soy protein
    Burned foods and barbecued meats

above all else you must quit smoking if you possibly can or cut back.

Anywhere from 2-4 days. IF you feel 2 days is too close, fine to stretch that to four. Totally up to you.

O-1 is the day before O. This is still within the timing guidelines.

I do not believe timing works. I got 3 of my 4 boys with cutoffs and my girl very close to O. (the other was a sneak attack I don't know when I got him.) The science does not support timing and it's been thoroughly debunked by all reputable scientists. The ONLY people who still believe in timing are those selling some timing method. No one else believes in it any more because the fundamental principle is based on one man's mistake, that we now know was incorrect, and 50 years of science have proven it does not work.

But, I do still allow you guys to use timing if you want to hence my recommendations to have sex late O-1, and on O Day because I understand many people want to use it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are algae and algal oils the same thing atomic? Ok thanks we don't smoke.

Could you take a look at my meal plan Atomic and give me your thoughts please?:

Cooking with butter mainly sometimes coconut oil

Try and have 2 litres water daily including pint of lemon water.

BREAKFAST

Porridge with dark chocolate chips every other day alternating with 2 Shredded wheat and whole milk
    1 cup of tea

Is that enough nutrition/protein for breakfast? Any alternatives you can suggest? As you will see below I am trying to have egg more at lunchtime..

MORNING SNACK

4 mornings a week: banana and handful of almonds

3 mornings a week: Larabar and banana

Have a glass of V8 original vegetable juice daily with this

LUNCH

2 days a week: wholemeal wrap with black beans or red kidney beans with vegetables (onion, garlic, peppers, mushroom, brocolli, courgette, spinach) topped with cheese

2 days a week: 2 wholemeal toast topped with peanut butter and avocado, 2 poached eggs on top with cheese and cherry tomatoes, topped with black pepper and salt

1 day a week: 2 eggs salad sandwich (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado)

1 day a week: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 wholewheat toast and baked beans

1 day a week: halloumi wrap with vegetables.

1 cup of tea after with 2 pieces of dark chocolate

MID AFTERNOON SNACK

3 days a week: pear or apple or watermelon with 2 ryvita (rye bread) topped with cottage cheese

2 days a week: green smoothie consisting of spinach and kale, whole milk, pineapple/berries, almond butter, avocado and tomato.

2 days a week: 2 oatcakes, soft cheese and cherry tomatoes

DINNER

2 days a week: 2 chapattis with lentil curry and vegetable curry, with salad (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado)

1 day a week: instead of chapattis have quinoa with lentil and vegetable curry with salad.

1 day a week: Quorn mince spagetti bolognese (carrots and courgette included in this) instead of spagetti I have quinoa. Steam some Brocolli for the side

1 day a week: Quorn burger and chips or homemade vegetarian pizza and chips

1 day a week: Quorn sausages and steamed vegetables

1 day a week: Quorn pasta bake with cheese

Have meal with 1 glass of grapefruit juice

EVENING SNACK

Greek full fat yogurt and blueberries
    OR
    Whey protein shake 3 times per week blended with some fruit

Is this ok Atomic? am I getting enough of every thing vegetables, fruit, dairy, protein? Do I need to increase the egg intake to this plan? I would have it 4 times a week (8 eggs altogether). Anything i am having too much of?

Thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 18th, 2021 at 01:52 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you want the oils, which have the additional stuff in the algae removed and are just highly concentrated forms of the oil.

Your diet is GORGEOUS!!! Great!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I don't think I phrased my question right, I am taking omega 3 algae, I know you have mentioned algal oils is that the same thing?

Thanks for looking over the menu atomic glad you approve!

Can i drink the grapefruit juice throughout my cycle?

Do you follow PH testing? I do test mine around ovulation, should I be testing my husbands semen?

I have never used any sort of lubrication, sorry if this is tmi but how do you use preseed?

I know you suggested carnitine for my husband what dosage should he take?

Is there a position during sex which is more favourable to conceiving a boy?

Should my husband be taking the guaifenesin cough medicine aswell? Also how many days during my cycle and how often should I be taking this?

If I wanted to replace one of the meals with jacket potato, cheese and beans is that good enough? Is Indian tea with things like fennel seeds ok to have? Pumpkin seeds have protein are they to be avoided like chia seeds?

Also any tips on how to limit the weight gain? Sorry for all the questions just trying to cover last few bits im unsure of

Thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 19th, 2021 at 04:12 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the brand?? Did you already show me the supplement you're taking? I thought I had already approved it.

Yes grapefruit juice is fine, just be careful if you're on any medication as it makes some meds act more strongly.

Just a little bit as lube when you have intercourse. Like the size of a coin.
    You don't need the large amounts it calls for on the tube. When people use that much the hubbies find it way too slippery.

No, pH testing has not worked for us at all. We had results all over the map and it does not seem to be predictive of anyone's sway working. Plus people tend to get super obsessed with it for no reason since it doesn't help anyway

carnitine 1000 mg till BFP and then he can wean off

Some people say doggy style for a boy, I doubt it matters much though.

He can take guaifenesin if you guys want. I don't think it's a necessity tho

Yes, it's fine to replace some meals with potato/cheese or beans/cheese.

I would keep any kind of herbal tea to 3x a week max You can have a variety of teas, just rotate them so you never have more than 3x per week.

Pumpkin seeds are ok in moderation too. 3x a week

Just watch your portion size and don't hit it too hard on things like dried fruit and fruit juice. Breads too should be kept fairly minimal.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic. Thanks for the reply, yes I showed you here is the link, its the 1 that had the following values.. 1 tablet gives 'on average' 352mg of omega 3, DHA is 207mg, EPA is 123mg and DPA is 22mg

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/together-natural-algae-dha-omega-3-softgels-60010638[/url]

Please confirm if this is ok as like I said its algae not algal. I am a bit nervous about the reduced mg especially as i only started taking it a couple of weeks ago but if you think that doesn't matter I will carry on with it, I am happy to purchase something else if you think it may help even a little bit.

Thanks glad I asked you would have used the amount of pressed it said on the box!

Ok we will have a think about the l carnitine if it's not essential that is, we may then give it a miss.

About the guaifensin do you know if other successful blue swayers got there husband to take? What days of my cycle and how often should I take this?

I will do I tend to have more English tea, may add in a cup of Indian tea incase it helps!

Are pumpkin seeds similar to chia seeds? If so I may also just steer clear of them. Are raisins ok to have?

Ok I will bear that in mind, thanks I am starting to feel very nervous I am due on my period any day and planning to try this cycle!

Atomic is there any truth to if you have 2 children of the same gender (I have 2 girls), it statistically increases the odds of your 3rd child being the same gender?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 22nd, 2021 at 08:05 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did already confirm it is ok. That is fine to take. They just say "algae" instead of "algal" oil. No biggie, just a different terminology.

Yes, some successful blue swayers gave their husbands guaifenesin. Others didn't and still had success. You take it for five days before you expect to ovulate and three days afterwards.

Pumpkin seeds do have a fair amount of Omega 6 fatty acids (remember, for swaying blue you can have SOME Omega 6 but you want more Omega 3 than Omega 6) but they do NOT have the same problematic chemistry as chia/flaxseed does and are better than those two types of seeds.

It doesn't statistically increase your odds, no. Now, across the whole population, yes, people with 2 of one gender do end up having the third the same more often than not (slightly) but that does NOT mean it's giving you higher odds. Keep in mind people who have 2-3-4 or more have the same sort of LIFESTYLE all along that was swaying to begin with (very few people actually sway!! They just have kids and see what happens). So when you see a person who has 2 of one gender and gets a third, it is NOT that having 2 of one gender makes it more likely they'll have a third, it's that their lifestyle was swaying strongly for them and that coupled with a bit of luck made that happen. If you change your lifestyle that goes away, because it is not something that is actually swaying!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast