Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. What about the men who have low sperm count, could doing it the morning after the night before cause an issue? I don't know if sperm count is an issue was just wandering.

Ok so with my positive being on CD13 from the premom screenshot and we established that it seems likely I ovulated on CD15 that cycle according to the fertility friend screenshot I put up for January, do you think it would have been ok attempting 2 days before ovulation day?

Now that I'm not looking out for the darkest OPK test and ditching the babydust method, would it be a good idea if i used the clearblue digital ovulation test and attempted on the 2 peak days which I understand to be the day before ovulation and the day of ovulation? I would use these with the wondfo OPK as I don't know if the wondfo would be more sensitive, just to double check things and take the guess work out of reading the lines alone. Here is the link to the clearblue test what do you think? Have blue swayers had success with it?

https://www.boots.com/clearblue-digi...r-10s-10154162

Also from the fertility friend screenshot I sent in my previous message I know you weren't sure about ovulation day on the 2nd screenshot, but it may have been CD15 as based on the other 1 that you thought was CD15 and my Dec (see screenshot below) it seems my pattern looks like ovulation may happen more on CD15? - so would it be best if that is the pattern it seems likely for me, to try on the evening of CD13 and CD14?

Screenshot_20210329-145955_FF App.jpg

Also do women need to orgasm to ttc a boy? I don't know how likely that will be for me if we do doggy (sorry TMI!)

Is EWCM any indicator of when ovulation is likely to be?

Thanks so much for your help, you are helping to keep me sane through all of this!
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 29th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's not an issue at all. When the fertile window is open, you are simply adding more and more sperm. Even if a second batch was a bit smaller (which it normally isn't as it takes even men with low sperm count several ejaculations in a row to diminish their numbers) it would be ADDED to the first batch. It's different than Shettles, where you're counting on only one batch to carry the day. This method you end up with 3 or more ejaculations inside, and that will ALWAYS be more sperm than just one ejaculation is.

Timing doesn't sway. It doesn't work, and thus I think it is fine if it happens to work out that it's 2 days before ovulation (if in fact it was, which we cannot know for sure, because the temping does not completely predict ovulation to the day the way that some sway sites claim it does). The important thing is those attempts!! We have overwhelming data indicating one attempt is bad for blue. So (because your cycle CAN change from month to month, and just because you had your first positive 2 days before ovulation this time does not mean you will the next time) if you wait too long, what can, and does happen is that you have waited so long the egg's been released and only the first attempt reaches it, or more likely that you're trying to fit in the 3 attempts in such a narrow time frame your husband can't perform but one time. This is a very frustrating and upsetting situation as I'm sure you can imagine and it makes for some hard feelings.

You are welcome to use the Clearblue, but it works just the same as OPK. The two "peak" days with the solid smiley simply reflect the first positive OPK and the day after the first positive OPK. So again, even using Clearblue you'd be attempting 2 days before and one day before (if you had a month like this one on your chart). The package says "day before O" and "O Day" because that's the MOST COMMON, but it's not a guarantee and you can get the first peak 2 days before O.

The truth is, with the existing technology, there is simply NO WAY to pin down when you're going to ovulate in advance. It just isn't possible. All swaying methods are using the same method I am telling you about here - the OPKs.

Unfortunately, EWCM is not a reliable method either. Women get EWCM for days, even a week in advance of swaying. We are seeing days of peak CM vary wildly - many women are getting a big rush of EWCM 2-3 days in advance or even longer before O, that then dries up by O day. So having attempts as some suggest, on the day of "peak" CM can often end up with a long cutoff which you do not want. OPK are the most reliable. And in studies, women were only able to pin down their O day IN RETROSPECT (not in advance) one out of three days. They could never tell in advance of when they were going to O.

Most of these methods - temping, CM are meant to help people prevent or achieve pregnancy. That's it. They were never designed to pin down ovulation. The people who promote timing for swaying took a good method of getting/avoiding pregnancy and stretched it beyond what it is capable of to sell timing methods to people. But they aren't using the methods correctly and are making claims that simply are not true.

Orgasm is generally considered good for a boy. What I would do is have an orgasm some way and then let your hubby finish doggy style.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply Atomic and helping me to understand this all!

What time of the day is it best to test with OPK? The clearblue one states to try in the morning with first urine of the day? Are you meant to test more regularly during the day when you can see the test strip is showing signs of getting darker?

I guess timing wise it would be less than 2 days before ovulation anyway if my cycle was like that one, as if I got the static smiley in the morning and tried that evening it would be about 15 hours later the attempt, the temperature shift is picked up in the mornings.

In terms of the wondfo do you advise to read the test after 5 minutes as stated on the instructions or is it better to wait a bit longer to let the test develop a bit more?

Do you know from experience on here if the clearblue ones are less sensitive at picking the hormone levels up compared to others like wondfo - which do you think is better to rely on if one comes up as positive before the other?

Can you clarify are the OPK wondfo tests positive when the lines are equally as dark? Is wondko a good brand?

Have blue swayers had better success on here trying across 2 days or throughout their cycle?

Sorry for all the questions! Not long before my attempt and just trying to get my question marks covered!
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 30th, 2021 at 08:45 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OPK other than Clearblue are best used after lunch. Clearblues are supposedly calibrated to be used in the morning, though some people have found them best after lunch too.

Generally, as the tests darken I would go to once after lunch and once before dinner. This is the time of day you're most likely to get a positive. I'd likely NOT bother with testing all day long, if you hit it twice in that afternoon window that is seeming to be enough, and then you'll also have an adequate window to prepare for attempt that night.

Follow the directions on the Wondfo on how long to wait. Waiting too long can give a false positive.

It should say on the boxes which are more sensitive. It doesn't really matter though because there are many variables that come into play, even the urine you use (the concentration of your urine is actually one of the biggest things that can vary). I would go off whatever test gives you the positive FIRST, but if you're more comfortable waiting for them both to be positive that's at your discretion.

OPK are positive when the tests are as dark or darker than control.

We have had success with both ways as long as you don't end up having just that one attempt. It's the one attempt that is the killer.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic, I may use the clearblue test after lunch aswell in that case. How long are you meant to hold your urine in between testing?

Is the wondfo a good OPK brand to use?

Can men have more boy or girl sperms or do they have an equal amount of each do you know?

Do you have a link where I can find successful boy sways which I can look through? I found a post from a successful boy swayer who was vegetarian, I will link it below, she mentions that she put her dinners that she had in the 'dream member TTC boy section' are you able to put the link up for that as i can't find it?

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ie-sway-3.html

Are there any specific posts about what timing method blue swayers used and whether they were successful or not with the timing they chose?

Can I eat crisps (think in the US you call them chips) and chocolate?.. with easter coming up thought I would ask as I don't know if sugar is to be avoided?

The black and red kidney beans I have is it better to use dry beans in packets or can I use the ones in tins soaked in water?

To monitor my weight is it better to weigh myself first thing in the morning?

What are your thoughts on the Chinese gender calender?

Thanks so much
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 31st, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just try to hold it till you really have to go, and don't drink a lot of water.

Yes, Wondfo is great.

Men make 50-50 X and Y. This is because their bodies are made of XY cells that divide to make half X and half Y. For reasons we do not understand, even though they're making 50-50, some couples have more boys or girls than we statistically expect - that's why we're all here!

Blue sways are here https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...our-boy-sway-/

I think most people mention their timing in their sways they post. The trouble is, you can't go off what people say. People have heard so much about timing, they assume they did boy timing, when the truth is, many people can't even figure out when they actually ovulated. The ONLY way to know if timing works is by doing scientific studies where ovulation is accurately pinned down using ultrasound or blood tests to prove for certain when people ovulated, and those studies have shown that about 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every day of the fertile window. It is fine to use timing, but I really don't want you to assume you're proving it works by reading sways. It's just not accurate.

You can have chips and chocolate. The blue diet does tend to be calorie dense, so you may end up gaining weight if you eat much of them. Some people claim sugar is "acidifying" but that's been scientifically disproven and I promise, as a mom of 4 boys, I ate TONS of chocolate LOL

Whatever beans you prefer, both are fine

The Chinese Gender Calendar is junk. It does not work. If the Chinese had any wisdom that could predict a baby's gender, there would not be orphanages full of unwanted baby girls. We've done gobs of polls and threads on these various calendars and they're 50-50 every time. I would not skip good months for this.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply Atomic, ok will do that. I was thinking we need to drink more water to make more EWCM?

Thanks for the link and clarifying the timing posts. On what cycle days is the fertile window usually?

That's reassuring that you still indulged in chocolate

Thanks I won't bother with the Chinese gender calender.

I have started weighing myself in the mornings is that best?

I have read in other posts that some people had Yeast flakes what is this used for? Is it nutritional Yeast flakes? What is there purpose?

When using preseed are you meant to use it when beginning foreplay or at the point of penetration? Sorry I've never used lube before!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be sure you're drinking enough water. You don't need to gorge yourself with it though. Too much water can wash away some nutrients. Just drink to your level of thirst over the course of the day.

Most people weigh themselves in the mornings before eating to be sure they are getting an accurate reading without food in their stomachs. There's no right or wrong though.

NYF is not necessary. It may add a bit of extra nutrition but I don't think it's make or break at all.

Most people use a small amount of Preseed either up inside the VJ or just applying it to the penis right before sex. It doesn't make any difference. If you have a good amount of EWCM you really don't even need it unless you want to add it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok i am trying to aim for 1.5-2 litres daily do you think this is excessive to wash away nutrients? I don't make much EWCM so was hoping this would help, I am not just drinking due to thirst but to up my water intake. I have started the guaifensin i had 1 5ml spoonful before bed last night and I have had 1 spoon today, will have another this evening I haven't noticed a difference yet but could be too early to assess this just yet. I may up it to two 5ml spoonfuls two times a day.

How do people have the NYF? I haven't used it before and I am thinking wether it would be beneficial given we are vegetarian?

Atomic I know you said to use a coin size amount of preseed it has an applicator and the dosage amounts are in grams ranging from 1g upwards, is 1 gram sufficient or should I use half a gram? Also how far into your vagina do you put the applicator in to release the preseed that doesn't seem clear from the instructions.

I think I read somewhere that you recommend 25mg-30mg zinc for men, my husband is having 30mg in total including his multivitamin, he has been having this daily, would it be better for him to have the 15mg separate zinc every other day? We are due to try towards the end of the week what would you advise?

I am doing some last minute debating for positions, in your experience have people had more success with missionary with legs over the man's shoulders or doggy?

Also atomic my husband is feeling a bit under the weather he has some slight soreness in his throat and some phlegm. He doesn't have a temperature. I haven't had the best sleep last night either due to my child being under the weather too. Could this risk our sway? I think positive may come up on OPK in about 2 days.

Thanks atomic
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 2nd, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No that's ok as long as you can handle drinking that much. Now if you're drinking that much in addition to tea and juice and coco water too, then maybe. Like maybe 2 liters of liquid daily including water might be more doable.

They sprinkle it on things like parmesan, or there's brewers yeast which can be stirred into juice.

Just continue with your husband's multivitamin with the zinc. No need to change that up.

You can try 1 gram and see what your husband thinks (at a time you're not fertile). If he likes that, fine. If not use a smaller amount and see. Many men find the full amount too slippery.

As you guys have intercourse the Preseed will move all over the place. There's no right or wrong way to do it. many people apply it to the penis before it is inserted. Others put it up inside the VJ. Whatever works for you.

I can't break down the stats between positions for you. There's just not enough info.

Re whether or not to try when you're sick, it's likely just fine, but you have to decide if you can live with it if you try and get a girl, if you'll have a lot of regrets or whatever. If you think you'll have a lifetime of regret, obviously hold off, but the truth is for all we know it's a great month for a boy, and next month might be worse. We just don't know.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast