Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic, will look into the brewers Yeast and NYF.

Ok we decided to give this cycle a miss as we were really exhausted and didn't want to risk that being a factor. Should my husband still carry on with the extra zinc and multivitamin? Just incase you said to carry on as we were due to try imminently or is it ok anyway? Also in my multivitamins I have 20 micrograms of vitamin b12 and I am also taking an extra 10 micrograms is this ok? Being as I am vegetarian?

Ok will trial out the preseed when we aren't trying is it ok to use it with a condom?

Also I noticed that when I used my wondfo OPK this cycle at 9pm on CD12 it was positive, i know you said if I wanted to follow the timing method to test in the morning and if it is positive to try that night - on my trying cycle if I have a positive OPK in the evening would it be better to try that evening or wait until the following day in the evening if I want to follow timing? Note before that positive I had the flashing smiley on the clearblue that morning and the wondfo had a faint reading.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys don't need to take more than 100% of zinc or B12. Even if you're vegetarian you don't need more than 100% B12. I'm not sure how long your husband has been taking extra zinc but I'd have him wean back off it now.

Yes you can use Preseed with a condom as far as I'm aware. (most people on this site don't use condoms so I admittedly don't have much experience with that).

Hmm, I think we may have had a miscommunication. OPK are usually best used after lunch, with the exception of Clearblues which can be used in the morning. So whether you get the OPK in the morning or afternoon, if you are NOT using timing, or ARE using timing and are ok with attempt O-1, have an attempt THAT DAY. Do not wait till the next day.

If you must use timing as strictly as you seem to want to, I guess you could wait till the next day, but you run a very real risk of ending up with the dreaded one attempt (because if you O early on that next day, only the first attempt will show up to fertilize the egg. We have had way more girls with one attempt, even spot on O, than boys.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, my husband started the extra zinc 2 months ago, I started the extra vitamin b12 just over a month ago - how should we wean off this? We haven't had it today, shall we take it tomorrow and then aim to come off it within a week? We are planning to try to concieve in a month hopefully if that matters.

Oh sorry thanks for clarifying I misunderstood. In this case though it wasn't until the evening at 9pm that I got the positive on the wondfo OPK not in the afternoon, would you still advise to try that evening?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 7th, 2021 at 03:29 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, give it more like 3 weeks to a month even. Just space the doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

the answer to your second question is a little more complicated. My personal belief is that you should have attempt that night, but I know timing is super important to you. Unless you have reason to believe you would have gotten the positive test sooner (say, your urine was really diluted) then you might want to wait till the next day in case it's a little premature. Your choice on that. Depends on how desperate you are to do timing.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic. We have taken them today after 2 days, and i was thinking to take them again after 3 days, then take after 4 days and so on - so basically add an extra day til we take them each time. Is this ok?

Ok thanks I will bear that in mind. So from all the studies you have come across timing doesn't matter for a boy?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's perfect for weaning off.

Yes, according to all modern science (any site that says otherwise is using old studies from 40-50 years ago, or "studies" done by people selling gender swaying methods that are totally misleading) timing does not sway. I have 3 of my 4 boys with girl timing and my girl with boy timing. I have the full case against timing and swaying here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...trouble+timing

Again, it's fine if you want to use timing. But it is important that you not rely on the one attempt for a boy (OR do anything such as starting attempts so late you will only have one attempt before the egg dies/is fertilized). Number of attempts, much to our surprise, was a strong predictor of gender and one attempt has been very pink friendly

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, ok thanks, over how long have you noticed the number of attempts is a factor as in how long has this site been running to find this?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After the first two years. The first year we did not know that number of attempts had anything to do with swaying whatsoever (no one had even guessed at this). Just from sheer coincidence, we happened to track our numbers on that. We had absolutely HORRIBLE results for pink swayers during that time (barely better than 50-50). In addition, we also found that many blue swayers who did one attempt went on and on for many months not getting pregnant, gained massive amounts of weight, saw large disruptions in their menstrual cycle because they gained weight, and the majority of that group who did not get pregnant quickly ended up having girls, even though they still did timing methods.

We realized that of our pink swayers, everyone who had one attempt was having 70-75% success rate, and those who had 3 attempts was at 45% (meaning they had 65% BOYS) and this was even with full pink sways! 2 attempts was right in the middle, not as pink friendly as one, better than three. So we quickly changed our methods for pink, doing just one attempt, and we saw our success rates turn around IMMEDIATELY, going from a very poor 58% all the way up to 70% or better.

From then on we have focused on 3 attempts for blue, one attempt for pink, and our results have been consistently good ever since. That's going on nine years now.

Once I noticed this, I was able to see some trends in studies done that also seemed to indicate number of attempts may be swaying. Dr. Shettles claims are over 50 years old, the man died twenty years ago, we have technology that indicates very clearly indicates that the stuff he claimed about X and Y sperm was totally incorrect.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But again, if you believe in timing, you can still do it, just with the three attempts. That's why we came up with the OPK method to begin with.

11. Thanks Blueswayer1 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for explaining this atomic much appreciated.

I have 2 English teas with milk in a day, would decaffeinated tea be better? Is caffeine really bad for a blue sway?

Also if I get pregnant are there any vitamins which i am taking which would be unsafe to take? The multivitamin I know can be taken in pregnancy, the other supplements are:

probiotic
    Extra folic acid 400 microgram(I take 800 microgram in total including the multivitamin)
    Vitamin D (1200 IU In total including multivitamin)
    algae omega 3,
    Obviously the extra B12 I am weaning off.
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 14th, 2021 at 07:22 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast