Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Timing doesn't sway. REgardless of my experience, it's been completely debunked by scientists using moder technology to pinpoint ovulation. Totally fine to use it if you want, but it simply doesn't work and most of us on here have the timing opposites to prove it.

I got three of my four boys with cutoffs and the other was a sneak attack, I do not know when I ovulated with him.

The first one we had sex twice right after my period had ended (100% sure we had sex twice) and then decided to stop having sex to work on our relationship (we hadn't been together that long). I wasn't tracking specifically, but I don't have super long periods, nor do I usually ovulate early - I have a pretty regular 27-28-29 day cycle. So even if I ovulated CD 10 which I don't think I've ever done, and had sex on CD 7, that's still a cutoff. Very likely even longer.

My second son we were going to try, started having sex after my period ended, but then my husband changed his mind long before I thought I could possibly be fertile. Again, I wasn't specifically tracking, as this was 27 years ago LOL and I had no gender preference, but I had ovulation pains several days after the last time we had sex (ovulation pains are not super reliable but when I have them that severe, they do typically mean I haven't Oed yet!). We were both flabbergasted when I came up pregnant.

My third son I was trying Shettles timing and we had sex 3 and 4 days before I expected to ovulate. (100% sure this was twice) Then my husband actually left and had been gone for days when I Oed. My cycle was super regular, and I had the severe O pains that indicated I had not ovulated yet so I'm pretty darn sure on that one that he was at least a 3 day cutoff.

My fourth son we had sex twice (again, 100% sure as it was a work week and we weren't having sex during the work week because my husband was working nights). I wasn't ovulating regularly because I was still nursing my 3rd, and again, it was the shock of a lifetime we came up pregnant. He might have been a cutoff too, just that I don't know for sure.

Some elements of cardio are fine. It's just that I don't want you guys running for an hour a day seven days a week.

How much folate are you taking? Are you taking coq10? Most things that claim to aid egg quality are worse than nothing so I don't want you to just take a bunch of stuff.

I do not have the data to know about the vaccines. I have to leave that up to you guys because I simply don't have any way to know for sure.
    Ok thanks for sharing your experience. If timing wasn't followed then when would you suggest to attempt? Last time I think my husband found trying twice in a day a bit much, so it was evening of 0-1, am and pm O (his job is hard so think he was generally tired to).. if we did follow timing and wanted to do the 3 attempts any other alternative pattern you would suggest? Will weigh it up after how we go.

Ok thanks, when others ask you about weight training what exercises do you normally suggest? I do cross trainer workout to so don't want to overdo it on cardio and wanted something just weights focused maybe. I haven't really exercised during the 2 week wait though is that really bad if we try in about 10 days? Will be getting on it properly now. I trained hard for months beforehand.

I take 800 folic acid daily, I don't take coq10. Anything you would suggest for the egg quality?

Yeah I understand, my husband thankfully didn't have a temperature as I know that can affect sperm count. If it was you what would you do? I really don't know what to do! Not getting any younger but same time this is our last chance at swaying.
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; May 16th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't want timing then try O-2, O-1, and O Day.

If you want timing there's no other way to get three attempts but having 2 in one day. O+1 is too late and will not count as an attempt. The attempts MUST be late O-1 and O Day for them to fit in Shettles.

Taking a bit of time off of exercise isn't a dealbreaker. Just pick it up now. Cross training isn't bad at all for blue just be sure you don't go longer than 45 min.

Up to 2000 mcg folate or folic acid (folate is best), take this all thru entire first tri of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in your prenatal.

Coq10 - 200 mg daily till BFP then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

Here's my rule of thumb - if you will live 1000 lifetimes of regret if you try and end up getting a girl, then skip the month, but keep in mind that you may very well be skipping a fine month and end up trying in a month that's actually MORE pink friendly. You don't know what the future holds and I have seen WAYY too many people skip months for some minor concern, only to end up having tons of stuff go wrong, and end up trying in some month I cringe at, leaving me recalling "oh wow I wish they would have just tried that one month they skipped for no real reason!"
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic. Doing the timing method have you found it takes longer for people to concieve?

Ok in terms of the exercise be it cardio or weight training does it have to be for 45 mins per session or can you do 30 mins which is better? Also in my previous message I asked what weight training you usually recommend as I am conscious that body pump is considered both cardio and weights.

What's the difference between folate and folic acid? Is 2000 better for everyone or those over a certain age?

So the coq10 is that for egg quality? Is it safe after a BFP to take it? Is it short for coenzyme Q10? If so My multivitamin has 20mg.

Should my husband add in carnitine how beneficial is this? At the moment he has l arginine.

How important is good sleep for a boy?

We are skipping this month due to my husband having the jab and also I have got a cold

Is it ok to dye your hair for a blue sway don't know if you know of any impact?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; May 24th, 2021 at 11:14 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Shettles timing (or Babydust, or whatever Shettles timing is calling itself this week, LOL) takes significantly longer for people to conceive.

30 minutes is also fine. 30-45 minutes or even 15-20 if you're doing weights.

Cardio plus weights is fine as long as it does not go beyond 45 minutes in a session. I generally recommend Blogilates and PopSugar Fitness but not because they're "better" per se, it's simply that I've tried them, like them, and they're free on YouTube without requiring any fancy equipment or gym memberships to do.

2000 is better for blue swayers because you're likely eating/drinking/taking supplements that may deplete it from your body. Folate is simply a different form of folic acid that is said to be better used by the body, and a small minority of people with a genetic abnormality called MTHFR cannot use folic acid. So I am in favor of using folate if it's possible in case you have that abnormality and don't know it, but if you've used folic acid in the past it's likely fine. Most people can use folic acid just fine.

For blue swayers, the coq10 helps your muscles grow. For men, it likely also helps with sperm production. The egg quality potential benefit is separate from the reason I have you guys take it.

Carnitine is beneficial and I definitely recommend both carnitine and arginine for hubbies. 500 arginine, 1000 carnitine

Sleep is very important but it doesn't take as much as people think to help your sway. Don't feel you need to sleep 10 hours a day or anything, just as long as you're not running yourself ragged and giving yourself time to heal from your exercise, that's the important thing. In other words just do your best to get more sleep than you WERE and that's all good - you don't need to hit some impossible amount of sleep to sway blue.

We don't have any data on hair dyes really. Just not enough info. I will say that I've always dyed my hair and I have 4 boys so it can't be any kind of magic bullet, that's for sure.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that is a concern if the timing takes longer i don't have the luxury of time I thought as long as you try nearer ovulation like the day before would mean sperm are there rather than doing days ahead and they aren't?

Oh ok so there's no magic number for length of time each workout has to be? How many sessions of exercise a week is best?

In terms of 2000 folic acid I think I read somewhere that it can increase the chances of twins or can lead to conditions in children? Don't know how correct that is?

So in terms of egg quality there's nothing I can really take to help that?

Atomic the algae I usually take is unavailable is the below ok? If so how many a day should I take? It's algal, from what I can recall think you said its the same as algae? Are the ingredients and strength ok? Also it has carrageenan in is that bad?

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...sules-60010344

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. I understand that intuitively it feels like trying close to ovulation should help boost chances of conception, but sperm take time to get to the egg and to capacitate (this means lose the protective shell on the outside of the sperm to be able to fertilize an egg.) Sperm live for days and can impregnate people even after a couple of days waiting for the egg. Studies have shown that sex 1-2 days before ovulation is statistically better chances than on O Day. The sperm need to be waiting for the egg, not the other way around.

Well, the "magic" number is just not longer than 45 minutes! Other than that, it's all at your discretion.

Folic acid may help both twins to successfully implant and survive, but it isn't believed to actually cause more twins to be conceived.

If you follow my instructions on the folic acid/folate and wean off of it at the end of the first trimester it is not harmful. Only if you take high doses (and this is typically higher than we use anyway) all through pregnancy was it ever shown in a study to potentially be harmful. It is at your discretion of course but there are very firm reasons of safety why we have that recommendation where we do for blue sways, and not taking enough folic acid/folate is one of the most proven causes of birth defects there is.

What I'm having you take is not algae, please understand. You need a vegan source of DHA and these are DERIVED from algae (and they are called "algal oils" because they originally come from algae.) You're taking DHA, NOT ALGAE. I just don't want anyone to be confused here, because I don't recommend algae, but I do recommend DHA, and you need this form simply because you want a vegan source of DHA.

Yes, that is fine, I'm not sure how many milligrams you were taking before but you should try to take about the same amount.

Carageenan is just a kind of seaweed. It is in many products including supplements in small amounts.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info atomic. Is there anything I can do or take for egg quality?

In terms of exercise any number of sessions a week that are better for a boy sway?

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the supplements that we already discussed including the 2000 mcg folic acid or folate. Most of the supplements sold as "boosting egg quality" either do absolutely nothing or else sway pink by lowering blood sugar. If I had some magic supplement that could improve everyone's egg quality safely and without affecting their sway, I would of course already be giving that to you guys!

4-5 days a week of 45 minutes a day maximum is what you should be doing for blue.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic. We haven't had the algae omega 3 for about a week and will need to attempt in about a couple of weeks is that really bad? I have been taking it for months prior to this but the one I recently checked out with you also went out of stock just like the 1 I was taking! So need one ASAP.. is this one ok?

https://omvits.com/products/vegan-om...e-oil-capsules

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's fine!! Just take that one starting as soon as you can.

11. Thanks Blueswayer1 thanked for this post
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast