Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for clarifying.

Atomic I had quite a lot of cramping overnight also and still getting it on and off today, also getting pink spotting/discharge now, is that bad that it's gone from brown to pink?

What would cause early pregnancy spotting opposed to implantation spotting?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 8th, 2021 at 07:50 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brown and pink are ok. We don't typically want to see bright red bleeding, but even that can end up in a healthy baby. I had bright red bleeding for five days, thought I had my period even, and had a healthy 8 lb baby nine months later.

You may have a little bit of lining come off in a different spot than where the baby was attached, you may be bleeding from the cervix, you may have a cervical erosion or even a fibroid that bleeds a bit due to pregnancy hormones, or then there are rarer situations where you were possibly pregnant with twins and one did not make it while the other one is.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still having the cramps and spotting atomic, slight bit of the spotting has looked a bit red today as well as pink, I'm loosing hope

Originally I had bit of spotting on Mon, nothing Tuesday, then cramps and spotting have happened on and off for the last 3 days, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 9th, 2021 at 11:51 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say but it's not over till it's over. Just try to take it easy and don't jump to conclusions. Even red flow can end up with a healthy pregnancy - like I said, I had heavy red flow for 5 days and had a healthy baby at the end of that, and several people have had that as well. If something is going wrong, there will be time enough to engage with your feelings of sorrow and worry at that point, for now it's only going to stress you out which is not what you need right now.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your words atomic, they mean a lot during this time

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, from your understanding how long should spotting usually last? The line on my pregnancy test has got darker from before if that means anything. I am still getting cramping and spotting on and off when I wipe (today is the 6th day, had nothing the day before it started but the day before that I had it for a couple of hours), have no idea what is going on sorry if TMI - when I wipe sometimes I have brown or pink and a couple of times it has looked more like red stained discharge, any thoughts on this?

Also you mentioned that spotting can be caused by cervical erosion what is this? Can cervical erosion also cause cramping? In terms of implantation bleeding how many days does that usually go on for?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 12th, 2021 at 01:57 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no "should". People have it for all different lengths, some people have it the whole first trimester, others even all pregnancy. 6 days is not at all unusual and while I know that it's very alarming, we have had people with gushing levels of red bleeding who did end up having a normal and healthy pregnancy. While I know this sounds like an impossible task I would try not to be alarmed by what you're seeing as it's (believe it or not) very minor compared to what a good number of people, myself included, have experienced and gone on to have babies at the end.

This is not implantation bleeding, which would already have ended. it's some sort of spotting in pregnancy. I can't tell you the reasons why for you personally (and most likely, neither can the doctor.)

No, cervical erosion does not cause cramping, but it's very common to have cramping in early pregnancy so the two things can be totally unrelated.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply atomic. I am worried about it getting worse and have to brace myself each time I go to the toilet. If it's a cervical erosion does that last all pregnancy? I don't think I would want them to do an internal examination as would be concerned about that disturbing things down there

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't need and in fact likely shouldn't do an internal exam (but sometimes they need to do one for other reasons and may tell you what is going on on that basis). Pregnancy hormones can trigger cervical erosion but it hasn't been linked to negative outcomes with pregnancy. Here's a good article: https://bogbit.com/how-cervical-eros...cts-pregnancy/ (please note, this talks about STD as a potential cause but the vast majority of people with cervical erosions do not have STD!)

It's only natural to worry about it getting worse. That's something so many of us experience - every time we go to the bathroom, fearing the worst. Just try to remind yourself that there will be time enough to worry when there is CAUSE to worry, and in the here and now everything is ok, and this has every chance of clearing up and being just a scary start to a healthy pregnancy.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the link atomic. That's just it atomic because I'm spotting I'm not sure everything is ok my doctor has booked an early scan for next week because of the spotting so just counting down the days. I hope you are right atomic. Thankfully up to now i haven't been spotting in the night at least, it's starts in the day, does that give any indication on what it could be?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast