Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you didn't have the internal scan then they may still not be able to see a pregnancy at 6 weeks. They really should have explained that to you. It may just be too early to see with an external ultrasound at this stage. They typically will do transvaginal (internal) scans up till 8 weeks because they can't reliably see with an external scan prior to that.

We can't go off a single beta blood test. We need to know if there is doubling, that's the only way to know for sure.

At this stage of gestation you would most likely simply have a heavy and likely somewhat painful, cramping period. Seeing a couple of clots doesn't mean you lost the pregnancy.

I'm not trying to hold out false hope. It's simply that based on what you are describing here and now there is no way to know if the pregnancy is working out or not. So I don't want you to pursue a course of action in the assumption the pregnancy is over when it may not be.

You will know a lot more with the second beta.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, I had my 2nd beta test and it wasn't good as my levels haven't doubled (only gone up 35%) they did a scan and could only see an empty sac, they also did a transvaginal scan and couldn't see anything my cervix is closed. They have diagnosed me as a 'pregnancy of unknown location' and have arranged to do another beta test on Monday. They think it looks like a non viable pregnancy and aren't ruling out an ectopic. I am feeling sick with worry

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh NO I'm so sorry to hear that, but especially about the potential ectopic. Did they tell you what to be looking for?? I would have you be taking your temperature daily, and of course if you feel any pain (even somewhere that seems unrelated like your shoulder) get to the ER IMMEDIATELY because this can be a true, life threatening medical emergency if an ectopic ruptures. please keep me posted how you're getting along.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah they told me what to look out for, thanks for also highlighting this as I didn't know to check my temperature. I had another beta test today and my HCG levels went down by 21% after 3 days. They have asked me to go back in a weeks time to see what my levels are like then. In the meantime they have asked me to go and be seen urgently if i have a lot of bleeding and severe pain.

I pray that my body resolves this naturally as I really don't want any medical intervention. I am so devasted by what has happened, the last 3 weeks have been full of so much upset and uncertainty, I feel numb and hope that I did nothing to contribute towards this happening
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 26th, 2021 at 02:32 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is normal and natural to worry if you did anything to cause a loss, but the vast majority of losses are caused by chromosomal abnormalities that you could have done nothing to prevent and then a minority of others are caused by things just randomly going wrong, as we see in ectopics or in those rare cases where someone contracts a harmful virus when pregnant.

It's a very few people who have done very obviously bad things (like drinking heavily or doing drugs) who actually cause their losses, even though we all worry about being to blame. Please don't blame yourself.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply Atomic. I am nervously counting down the days to the blood test hoping they have gone down naturally. It feels cruel I was even beginning to see a linea nigra.

Atomic do you know if people are meant to be more fertile following a miscarriage? How long should you wait before trying again?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; July 29th, 2021 at 03:18 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The idea that you're more fertile following a miscarriage is an old wives tale really. You may release more eggs (possibly!) but that doesn't mean that your cervical mucus is particularly favorable or that your lining will be good - particularly if you have to have a D and C to resolve the pregnancy. For blue sways I recommend waiting a cycle (with the exception of chemical pregancies, which you can try the first month if you want) or even two if you have to have a D and C procedure.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for clarifying atomic. My levels are going down thankfully have another blood test next week to see what they are then.

I have been considering purchasing a plan, not sure how much it would be able to offer me now though as have gone through supplements with you, diet, timing. We are vegetarian as you know is there anything else around that you would be able to support with? I am planning to read the book 'it starts with the egg' about how to help improve the egg quality. Have you heard of this? If so would you recommend?

Please let me know your thoughts about purchasing a plan. Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the thing is, I do this as my job. Many people like to buy plans to compensate me for my time in helping them. I help everyone regardless of their ability to pay, and it is my pleasure to be able to help as many people as I can, including those who cannot afford to pay me. But the sole reason I am able to do this instead of having to go back to work (in which case I would not be available to answer any questions!) is because people do buy plans. Additionally, some of the plan money goes to keeping this site up on the Internet, and virus/spam free, which is a lot more costly than people realize. So, make of that what you will! If you buy a plan I'll continue doing what I've been doing for you all along only I'll have more money to feed my family with.

Yes, I'm familiar with "It Starts With the Egg." Some of the information in there is good. Some is not so good. They overlook a lot of potential side effects of some of the supplements and have NO information about how these things work when taken all together in very high doses. It's not simply about what makes an egg appear healthier in a study, it's also about if a pregnancy can take place successfully. It does no good to take every supplement under the sun if they are interacting badly or have side effects that are harmful. So I would proceed with caution in taking some of those supplements at all (such as melatonin) and in high doses mixed together (many of the supps she recommends are strong blood thinners.)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for clarifying atomic. How much is the cost of the plan in UK money? I appreciate the time you have taken to help me and regardless if I can afford the plan or not my intention has always been to show my appreciation by making a donation. With the plan is it more guided by you what we should be doing in relation to all aspects of the sway, in comparison to now where i ask the questions?

Ok my interest about the book is more around things you can do day to day to help egg quality, like I read on a forum someone read it and said you should avoid perfume and nail varnish. Is there anything day to day you know of we should avoid to increase egg quality?

Atomic is it true that as we age our testosterone decreases? Is high testosterone needed to concieve a boy? I have recently turned 39 do people my age tend to have low testosterone? Do men and women both need high testosterone? Apart from weight training is there anything else I can do to increase testosterone?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast