Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Vegetarian couple ttc a boy in a month, need help and guidance please!

Hi, my husband and I are vegetarians trying to concieve a boy.. we are hoping to try in a month. I am following the HE diet - we have dairy, nuts, lentils, beans, eggs so try and get as much protein as possible in our meals. I am also doing weight training workouts and have been for months, I have been doing 2/3 workouts a week but i am hoping to up them to 4 workouts over this next month.. 3 weight seasons 45 minutes and 1 cardio session 30 minutes is this ok? My husband will hopefully be doing weight training this month.

I am concerned that I don't have that much egg white cervical mucas, I tried evening primrose oil but stopped as didn't think it made a difference and from reading stuff here it isn't good for a boy sway. I have been having 1 cup of green tea daily again hasn't made a difference.. should i stop this? I started drinking grapefruit juice 1 glass daily 2 weeks ago and I am hoping this will help. I have lemon water 1 glass daily, Is there anything else I can do to try and make more egg white cervical mucas?? We will be using preseed and the following guaifenesin to help thin my mucas out is this ok?:

https://www.boots.com/boots-pharmace...150ml-10130223

I am in the UK and although vegetarian I am open to having fish oil if this will help my cervical mucas as i am assuming that is why fish oil is recommended on here?.. If so is there any 500mg fish oil supplements anyone can recommend? My husband doesn't want to take fish oil but is open to a vegetarian supplement.. does anyone know of any good ones? I have found an algae omega 3 one as from what i have read the oil fish have is derived from algae so it's the same thing is that correct? The 1 I have found is on the link below is this any good? Please scroll down to 'nutritional information' and 'additional information' for ingredients and the mg of the supplement.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...tgels-60010638

I have also found a probiotic as I have read that this is good for a boy sway? is the below ok?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...a-capsules-x30

Other supplements we are taking are:

pregnacare conception his and hers.. I started mine a few months ago, my husband started a month ago.

vitamin D at around 1000iu total including multivitamins.. husband started this a few months ago, I started a week ago.

vitamin B12 at around 1000micrograms including multivitamin (with us being vegetarian i thought we may need this?).. my husband started about a month and a half ago, I started a week ago.

My husband has L-arginine 500mg and 25mg zinc in total including his multivitamin, is this all ok? He started this about a month ago.

Will 4 weeks be enough for the supplements to take effect specifically the fish/algae oil and probiotics as we haven't yet started these? Any other supplements we should be taking? Please help and offer any suggestions as i feel out of my depth, I am looking forward to hearing from atomic also!

Many thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 10th, 2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Information needed adding

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's a great amount of exercise!

Green tea and grapefruit juice are fine, try guaifenesin. The EPO has caused too many opposites.

Yes that guaifenesin is fine.

The algal oils are fine. This isn't for EWCM but to give your body a bit more Omega 3 fatty acids.

Both the Omega 3 and probiotics are fine.

I do not like Pregnacare and do not recommend them. They have megadose nutrients and additional herbs added to them that I don't recommend. Some people choose to take them anyway which is your choice, I just don't like them.

I prefer you keep the B Vitamins including B12 at more like 100% recommended value. The B vitamins can be disruptive to the cycle. Taking extra D is ok though.

4 weeks will be enough for the fish oil and probiotics!

Happy to help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for replying Atomic I was hoping you would!

Is there anything else you would recommend for producing more egg white cervical mucas? Do you think green tea could lead to me having less cervical mucas?

Oh I see thank you for clarifying the omega 3.. is fish oil and algae equally as beneficial do you think? I am open to taking fish oil if it will help the sway more. Do you know if the fish oil is purely due to the algae fish consume? The algae supplements I linked in my first post state it has 'low iodine' is this ok?

Is a higher strength of probiotics more beneficial to the sway? The link below is a different 1 higher strength which do you think is better out of that and the 1 I sent in my first post?

https://www.boots.com/bioglan-balanc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

In terms of the pregnacare conception I know you say they have megadose nutrients and herbs, could this affect the blue sway? Also as we are vegetarian i thought the higher doses may help us? Are the rest of the supplements below ok?

Ok do you know what the recommended dosage is for B12? What's the max vitamin D we should take?

Are there any other supplements you would recommend for our sway Atomic?

Do you think vegetarians have less chance of conceiving blue? Any foods you would recommend for us to eat?

Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 16th, 2021 at 05:56 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes some people have reported less EWCM on green tea though we can never be sure if that's a real finding without scientific studies being done. If you feel it's making less then please drop it.

The fish oil comes partly from their diet of course but it's not so straightforward the way you're thinking of it. The Algal oils are said to be good though.

We don't know about the strength of the probiotic unfortunately. Anything is better than nothing.

The human body, vegetarian or not, is not meant to be ingesting massive doses of nutrients. If anything you're likely already getting large doses of nutrients from a vegetarian diet. You only need 100% DRV B12 even if you are a vegetarian/vegan.

Most people take 1000 IU Vit. D. A little more is ok though.

As long as you're careful not to go overboard with soy protein and to be sure to get a good level of Omega 3 and saturated fats, vegetarians still have a fine chance of a boy!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Ok any food sources which have omega 3 and saturated fats you can recommend?

What about protein powders for the days I may feel i need to top up protein? What do you think of the below 1 is pea protein, 1 is whey protein?

https://www.bulk.com/uk/pure-whey-protein.html

The whey flavoured ones have a sweetener in there called sucralose is that ok? The unflavoured whey one doesn't have a sweetner.

This is the pea protein and the ingredient is just 100% pea protein isolate

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...otein-60006969

I have read some posts where other peoples husbands are having L-carnitine and CoQ10, what is this for? Do you think my husband should take? At the moment he is taking multivitamins, l-arginine, B12, extra vitamin D and zinc, probiotic and will be having the algae omega 3s.

Also I know you said pregnacare conception you don't like is the below ok for me? It has vitamin A in though..

https://www.boots.com/centrum-women-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

And is this ok for my husband?

https://www.boots.com/centrum-men-60-tablets-10161673

If not any others in the UK you can recommend?

Also is it possible Atomic that i may overexercise and effect my sway if I do 4 workouts a week? I was thinking to do 3 weight training workouts a week which would be 45 mins per session of les mills body pump (I don't know if you have heard of this barbell workout?) and then 1 30 minute workout on the cross trainer what do you think? Or should I do 2 of the bodypump workouts and 1 session on the cross trainer so 3 workouts a week in total? Just so you know I didn't do any exercise before I concieved both my girls.

Sorry for all the questions! Just mindful I have under a month before attempt!

Thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 12th, 2021 at 12:34 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For Omega 3 just take the algal oils. If you're a vegan then use coconut oil. If you're not a vegan you can have eggs and full fat dairy for Omega 3 and saturated fat.

If you need whey protein now and then that's ok. I prefer that to the pea protein. The soy protein is less good and should be totally avoided.

The old school swayers would say to avoid sucralose as it's fake sugar. But we have not found small amounts of artificial sweetener to sway at all. Your choice, I'd personally stick with the unsweetened ones.

Yes carnitine is great for hubbies. 1000 mg daily, wean off at BFP. Coq10 is ok, probably doesn't do a whole lot, but you both could use that 100 mg a day if you want.

4 workouts a week is great! Just keep to no more than 45 minutes a day.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. We eat eggs and try and have 2 most days is this ok? I am trying to cook with coconut oil. I think I am going to get fish oil for myself and my husband will have the algae ones, I am waiting for them to be delivered so it is coming towards 3 weeks now before we ttc, is that enough time for the omega 3 supplements to do what they need to?

Would this fish oil be ok, it says it's double strength so not sure..

https://www.boots.com/bioglan-super-...sules-10211100

Or this one?..

https://www.simplysupplements.co.uk/omega-3-500mg

Is the l-cartinine to be taken in addition to the l-arginine? Do both increase testosterone is that there purpose?

This week I think I am only going to be able to get in 3 workouts, are 3 ok a week as with young kids 4 can be hard to get in.. 2 weights based and one cardio would that be ok? Is it essential for men to exercise to?

Could you please check out the multivitamins in my previous post and let me know if they are ok and I will order.

Many thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 12th, 2021 at 04:36 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Eggs are fab as is the coconut oil.

Either of those fish oils is fine.

3 workouts is great too!

Oh sorry forgot - Centrum is ok, that level of Vit. A is ok during pregnancy

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, is it better to cook with butter or coconut oil?

In terms of the centrum i would want to switch to another pregnancy multivitamin if i concieved would that be ok? Are you happy with the doses on centrum for both men and women? Any others which you think are better?

The simply supplements fish oil has 10mg vitamin e in there aswell, my multivitamin has 4mg is that ok?

Sorry could you let me know about the l-carnitine question in my previous post? Just wanted to know if that and the l-arginine serve the same purpose?

Ok, I may try to do 4 exercise sessions a week.. 2 weights session and 2 cardio is that ok or is 2 sessions of cardio risking the sway? Is it essential for my husband to exercise?

Do we take all the different supplements in 1 go or are you meant to spread them out during the day?

Are chia seeds a no to the blue sway?

Last few days I have found myself feeling fill at bedtime, do you need to have big portions for the blue sway?

Thanks
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; March 14th, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once you are pregnant you can gradually switch from one to the other. Don't do it suddenly, give it a few weeks and switch gradually.

Yes, that level of Vit. E is fine.

They are like two different essential amino acids. Taking one is good, taking the other is good, taking them both together is great.

2 sessions of cardio a week is fine for blue as long as it does not go longer than 45 min

No, not essential for hubby to exercise.

Whatever works best for you on the supplements

I prefer you guys do not use chia seeds any more than 1-2 times a week.

You don't need big portions as long as you're eating regularly. You dont' need to be stuffed to the gills to have a boy. Just eat regularly, healthy options with both protein and fat in them.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast