Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Who/what is telling you you're "due" to ovulate a certain day? An app?

Are you using the "low/high/peak" from a fertility monitor or an app?

Please just use the OPK in terms of it being positive or not and nothing to do with low/high. If it's peak, the odds are good that it was a true peak. There's no "baselines" or anything like that, if the hormone reaches a certain concentration you'll get a positive.

The rate at which the test goes negative does NOT tell you if you ovulated or not. The surge and ovulation are not directly linked the way people think of them. You can have a positive OPK still after ovulation and a test that's gone negative prior to O. The tests merely register the hormone that signals your body to ovulate soon, and NOT the ovulation itself which your body sort of does on its own timeline. But after the signal is received it just takes however long for your body to clear the hormone. In most cases you will ovulate 24-36 hours, and less often as long as 48-72 hours after your first positive OPK regardless of when or IF the test has gone negative.

I don't like every other day sex (I can explain why if you like) But the important thing is that now you've gotten the peak, you need to be in with as many attempts as possible, at least three if you can. When is the last time you had an attempt??? Since you just got a peak you need to have attempts now now now!

Ovulation pains do not predict ovulation. You can get them before, during, and after O and they trick people constantly into having attempts at the wrong time and stopping attempts too soon. And there is no "normal" in O pains - you can have them in one pattern (or not at all) for a long time, and then the pattern changes, and it's all normal. So it really doesn't matter what happened in the past as it would probably be different now anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lrobbo90 View Post
    Also - my opks had gone back down to low, until now!! I have just got another peak!! Is that normal, and could that explain the soreness pain on my right side?

Sorry for all the random questions, I just figured you will probably have some answers hah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, is this coming from an app?

All OPK are doing is measuring HORMONE. They're not measuring ovulation. So what can happen is that your body surges, and then for some reason decides "hmm maybe this isn't a good time for an egg after all" and doesn't ovulate. Then in a couple days or a week or even two or three weeks, it surges again and ovulates then (and this process can happen repeatedly.) So having a peak and then it goes away and then another peak comes is very common and not a big deal really - you just need to attempt with your peaks and you'll always be covered even if it's a faker. And be prepared later on to have more attempts if hte egg takes its sweet time in showing!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my peak on Sunday night - we did it Sunday, yesterday and are planning to again tonight. How come you don’t like every other day?

I totally know what you mean about the tests, in terms of it measuring hormone not ovulation itself, however I’m confused that I’ve never had a negative result, it’s always ‘high’ throughout my cycle?!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you using the apps to measure the "high"? Or is this a reading on an actual fertility monitor?

Because the fertile window is much shorter than people realize and every other day can easily end up being just one viable attempt, with most of the sex happening at times where you can't get pregnant from it. So something that seems like it should help you conceive is actually hurting your chances.

EOD ends up being either:

O-5, O-3, O-1, O+1 (O-5 and O+1 are completely non-viable, and we have had dreadful results with people having sex on O-3, it's a pretty slim chance. This leaves you with one good shot on O-1 - one attempt)

OR

O-6, O-4, O-2, O Day (O-6 is non-viable, O-4 is all but non-viable with one in 1000 chances, and O Day attempts are often too late as the sperm needs hours to capacitate and make it to the egg. It leaves you with one viable attempt on O-2).

Best to aim at O-2 and O-1 as these are by far and away the best chances of conception, and you can't hit that with EOD.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay so, if I did actually ovulate Monday - the day after my peak - that would mean we’ve done 0-2, 0-1, 0 and 0+1. Is it worth going again tomorrow incase ovulation is late?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES it's always worth going later just in case! There is no harm in a "too late" attempt for blue and plenty of benefit if O is delayed!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Champion we did it, think my husband is glad for a break (for now at least !)

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anywhere we can post for general discussion in the 2ww? I’ve looked but seems the one I found hasn’t been posted on for a long time! I feel bad for directing you back to this post again hah

With me just coming off the pill beginning of June I’m not sure how much cm is normal, or what kind and at the moment I have heavy creamy/sticky cm - I know we can’t predict anything from cm after ovulation but is lots of it normal after ovulation?

I thought progesterone dries it up, and is also responsible for making your boobs/nipples sore? I have sore nipples (like the let down feeling) but not sure if that’s normal for me yet, but there is so much cm! Every time I nip for a wee there is more!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all that's what I'm here for! I love answering questions and helping you guys however I can. We do have a blue sway chat thread going here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...light=boy+chat and if you want to start a 2WW thread, please do! Let me know and I'll sticky it for you so it stays at the top of the page where people can see it.

The thing with CM is that the normal is there is no normal. Sticky/creamy CM can mean you have ovulated and then it will continue drying up over time and will be gone-ish in a few days. But it can also mean that your body started to ovulate and then sort of "changed its mind", so your egg white CM returned to sticky creamy for a few days, then when things are more favorable your CM will change back to fertile again. The body likes to keep us guessing! The amount you're describing has me nervous that it's the latter possibility and you haven't Oed yet so be aware that's a definite possibility.

Progesterone does dry up CM but it often takes DAYS for the process to be complete. Some sites make it sound like this is an instant thing, that it's like flipping a switch and very clear cut, but it isn't. Some of us, in some months, have fertile CM for a day or two after O (this happened to me in the month I conceived my daughter) because estrogen takes time to fall and progesterone takes time to rise, and then other times we are seeing EWCM dry up the day before O! It's just not as clear cut as we would like it to be.

Sore nips can happen in the 2WW but many people actually notice it at or just before ovulation. Again, it's really one of those things that varies wildly, not only between people, but in people over the course of time and even month by month.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast