Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, those percentages are complete garbage, they're meaningless.

Does it really make any sense to you that (as the apps claim) you go back and forth from high to low and yet it's telling you "low" even as you have EWCM?? Their claims make NO SENSE, zero, none, they're quantifying things (wrongfully) that cannot be quantified! This is most likely measuring the concentration of your urine and not the levels of LH in your blood.

PLEASE just go off the rule of how OPK work - once you get a line that is as dark or darker than control line, that is a positive (or PEAK, as the word peak has been used for decades till these apps were made)

That looks like a positive test to me. So absolutely yes please please have attempts now!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a general PSA for anyone reading this thread - if you are coming into O and you're having EWCM and your app is telling you you have magically gone from "high" to "low" fertility overnight, and giving you some completely made up BS percentage, please delete your app.

In fact, just delete your apps anyway as every single one I've seen so far is garbage that is causing unwanted pregnancies, preventing pregnancy in people who are trying to conceive, and is messing up the sways people want to have.

3. Likes lrobbo90 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just a general PSA for anyone reading this thread - if you are coming into O and you're having EWCM and your app is telling you you have magically gone from "high" to "low" fertility overnight, and giving you some completely made up BS percentage, please delete your app.

In fact, just delete your apps anyway as every single one I've seen so far is garbage that is causing unwanted pregnancies, preventing pregnancy in people who are trying to conceive, and is messing up the sways people want to have.

Agree agree agree!!!

I’m so glad I log my opks independent of these apps (I put them in the apps too and they are completely contradictory)

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info, thanks.

I am told the photo feature of the app is super handy and useful. I wish they would have attached that feature to the correct information!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually check and recheck the same sample 3 times and it’s often different readings all taken at the same time haha

Attached an example

The first two cd16 tests are the exact same test photos taken within seconds of each other hahaha B8F56678-3728-403A-8218-0B7204FC5FD9.jpg

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EXACTLY!!!

People don't realize this, but there is often huge variation in the tests themselves. Something as simple as a little more or a little less dye, or even something as innocent as the amount of time you dip the test and the depths it's dipped to, can make a difference in the outcome!

THANK YOU for posting! Perfect illustration.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This might be a stupid question my LH dropped dramatically on Saturday, and has since not even given me a line... Does that confirm that ovulation did actually happen? I'm 3dpo at the moment and this two week wait is already killing me hah

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have probably ovulated but to answer your question more specifically, your OPK going negative doesn't necessarily mean ovulation has occurred. The OPK really do not tell us what's going on in the ovary department, it tells us about the level of hormone your body is excreting in urine. The hormone is a signal to ovulate, and then ovulation will occur 24-36 hours on average, but as long as 48-72 hours in a pretty large minority (and delayed ovulation can be even LONGER). This happens regardless of what is registering on the OPK.

So sometimes, people can still be excreting this hormone after ovulation, or the hormone has come and gone and the body just hasn't dropped the egg yet.

Long story short, it's possible to ovulate and still have a positive test, and it's also possible for your test to go negative prior to ovulation occurring. You just can't tell based on the OPK.

But of course eventually the hormone WILL run out after ovulation, and the tests will go negative. That's likely where you're at now. Just that we cannot tell that on the basis of the OPK alone.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I’ve come on early this month, I feel okay about it as it’s my first month off the pill and also means I can prepare a bit more!

Atomic, can you recommend any other vitamins I should be taking on top of prenatal ones? Should my partner take specific conceptions vitamins too?

I’m so unsure about when I ovulated as I feel like we missed it - I had cramps on the Wednesday and Thursday, I apparently “peaked” on the Thursday but we didn’t manage to have sex until the Friday. I also had no ewcm with a low cervix, which may be in part to just coming off the pill maybe?

Hopefully next time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I'd suspect that the lack of CM is due to coming off the pill. The cervix position can be tricky even without that complication.

When did your period arrive in relation to when you got the positive OPK?

What prenatals are you taking? Are you already taking anything else?

I like to see men on a nice all around vitamin (NOT a "conception vitamin" which usually have too much of the wrong things in them) like Men's One a Day over 50 or Centrum Men's over 50. I like the nutrient breakdowns of the over 50 ones.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast