Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Sway

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy Sway

Hi all,

So glad I can across this site - there is a lot of information to take in hah!

I already have a wonderful girl, aged 8. My husband and I (both 31) will be trying for our final baby and would love to have a boy added to our family.

I have MS (stable) and am currently on monthly infusions (Tysabri) which apparently interferes with menatrual cycles, so I've already got some ovulation sticks to keep me right hah! We know this one is our last baby as I can't risk relapsing further.

I have been taking Pregnacare conception vitamins daily for about a month, just came off the mini pill last week, to be greeted with some dark blood this morning which I can only assume is a withdrawal bleed?

I have no idea if medications can alter your pH, however I've been drinking lemon water and green tea (not much of a change there!) and recently cut down on my milk intake (I normally drink tea and eat cereals on a morning but really don't like milk substitutes!). I also never drink fizzy drinks, should I take this up hah?!

As for food - my BMI is 18, however I've always been super slight and really struggle putting on weight - I do go to the gym and lift weights (body fat is also low for a woman at 18%) and have very recently started protein shakes (388cals, 31g protein, 50g carbs) to try and put some weight on!! I had a relapse the other year and lost muscle mass, so been working on rebuilding that.

I eat tons of carbs (pasta, potatoes, bread), I feel like I can't function without them, lunch is normally sandwiches and crisps - also I eat too many biscuits and chocolate hah (oops!).

Can anybody suggest what I will need to change, in order to better my chances of having a little boy?

It might be worth noting my husband has taken men's vitamins for years, would he still need to take fertility ones instead/also?

Any help is appreciated, and thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I'd add, although I eat quite a lot of biscuits and rubbish, I also snack a lot on nuts, and eat cheese on a night do I need to curb the cheese?! And maybe the nuts?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any hints and tips would be really appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not really a fan of Pregnacare (it has higher levels of some nutrients than I would like in it) but since you've been on it a while I'm inclined to have you continue. I'm afraid if you stop taking it now that would be seen as a decline in nutrients. Be aware it can contribute to abnormally long cycles so it may not be just the Tysabri causing that.

If it's ok with your doc, I'd like you on a total of 1000 IU Vit. D daily (same for your husband). Since the Pregnacare has 400 you'd need to add 600 more.

Yep, that sounds like a withdrawal bleed!

Milk is actually believed to be ok. The "mineral balancing" diets are biologically impossible, make claims that are not how the human body even works, and are based on animals like sea worms and toads that don't even reproduce in the same way as humans do, and have the ability to change their gender from male to female and back again. We have had very good results with full fat dairy ONLY (no skim or part skim dairy.) If you aren't comfy with doing that, it's your call to make.

Breakfast cereal is the ONLY food ever shown to sway blue (in a very good study done at Oxford.) Please keep eating that cereal with full fat milk!

Along those same lines, YES cheese and nuts are both GREAT sway additions. They are nutrient dense and that's perfect for blue. When I got my younger two sons, I was eating massive amounts of both cheese and nuts (and yogurt!)

No need to drink fizzy drinks, that doesn't help anyone's blue sway!

What vitamins is your husband on?

Lemon water and green tea are both great for blue. I would suggest taking more like 2000 mcg folic acid or folate total (if that is ok for you with your health) to compensate because green tea is notorious for blocking absorption of folic acid. If you're not comfortable with that I'd likely ditch the green tea or limit it to 2 cups per day (and take your vitamin at another time of day from when you drink the tea.)

Since you are already petite, it's FINE for you to eat carbs. I have four boys and I eat GOBS of carbs. We just need to make sure you're getting enough protein, fat, and other nutrients in ADDITION to the carbs. Always try to make the choice with the most goodness packed into it.

What kind of protein is in the protein shake?

pH doesn't work anyway so no worries about your medication - you NEED it!

What were you planning on having in terms of your attempts??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Pregnacare (it has higher levels of some nutrients than I would like in it) but since you've been on it a while I'm inclined to have you continue. I'm afraid if you stop taking it now that would be seen as a decline in nutrients. Be aware it can contribute to abnormally long cycles so it may not be just the Tysabri causing that.

If it's ok with your doc, I'd like you on a total of 1000 IU Vit. D daily (same for your husband). Since the Pregnacare has 400 you'd need to add 600 more.

Yep, that sounds like a withdrawal bleed!

Milk is actually believed to be ok. The "mineral balancing" diets are biologically impossible, make claims that are not how the human body even works, and are based on animals like sea worms and toads that don't even reproduce in the same way as humans do, and have the ability to change their gender from male to female and back again. We have had very good results with full fat dairy ONLY (no skim or part skim dairy.) If you aren't comfy with doing that, it's your call to make.

Breakfast cereal is the ONLY food ever shown to sway blue (in a very good study done at Oxford.) Please keep eating that cereal with full fat milk!

Along those same lines, YES cheese and nuts are both GREAT sway additions. They are nutrient dense and that's perfect for blue. When I got my younger two sons, I was eating massive amounts of both cheese and nuts (and yogurt!)

No need to drink fizzy drinks, that doesn't help anyone's blue sway!

What vitamins is your husband on?

Lemon water and green tea are both great for blue. I would suggest taking more like 2000 mcg folic acid or folate total (if that is ok for you with your health) to compensate because green tea is notorious for blocking absorption of folic acid. If you're not comfortable with that I'd likely ditch the green tea or limit it to 2 cups per day (and take your vitamin at another time of day from when you drink the tea.)

Since you are already petite, it's FINE for you to eat carbs. I have four boys and I eat GOBS of carbs. We just need to make sure you're getting enough protein, fat, and other nutrients in ADDITION to the carbs. Always try to make the choice with the most goodness packed into it.

What kind of protein is in the protein shake?

pH doesn't work anyway so no worries about your medication - you NEED it!

What were you planning on having in terms of your attempts??
    I have been doing some ovulation tests, and I've jumped from 0% to 63% today! Definitely feels like something is going on - the sticks I'm using are classing this as high, do I need to wait for it to be peak before DTD?

With having MS I've been taking 4000IU since I was about 17, hoping that's not too much?! My husband also takes the 4000IU.

The bleed was a lot shorter than I anticipated, only last maybe a day and a half to two days.

That's good to hear hah, I have always used full fat milk, for cereals and cooking hah! Good to hear I can keep that one, and the cheese and nute hah, yay!!

My husband takes Wellman Original, we weren't sure if he'd need to swap to the fertility ones?

Again, I take about 1200 folic acid with having the MS, I have a feeling this helpsme keep stable to be honest too, along with ther vitamin D

The protein shakes are whey protein, made up of ground oats (63%) protein blenc (28%) cocoa powder and sucralose is the sweetener.

I'm so sorry but I don't understand the last question hah!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you give me % and say "my sticks are calling this high" are you referring to one of the apps?? The apps are really not reliable so if you're using an app please proceed with caution.

If you want timing for your sway (which does not work, but many still want to use it) you'd wait for the first positive and then have attempts the night of the first positive, that next morning if you can, and again the same night (so 2x the next day, which for most people would be O Day). Then one more time the next day to guard against delayed ovulation, then every other day for a few go rounds if you can just in case your first positive OPK was a false positive.

SO IF you are using the app, be aware that what the apps call "peak" is by NO ONE'S definition other than the app makers, a "peak". They are, for some inexplicable reason, calling the darkest OPK a "peak". But peak fertility is the 2-3 day time period starting after the first positive OPK and NOT the darkest. Do not wait for the darkest OPK or consider that your peak fertile time, in many cases the egg is already dead by the time people get their darkest OPK.

I'm a-ok with you continuing at a higher dose of Vitamin D! I can't tell people to take that high a dose without their doc's input but yes please continue with that. Sways blue. Same with folic acid, totally fine with that dose but I would def. consider more if you're having mroe than just the occasional green tea. Green tea really can interfere with folic acid.

I'm really not a fan of Wellman products. They have massive doses of some things, not enough of others (I would suggest more like 1000 mg carnitine, 500 arginine, for instance, and 100 mg coq10...you can take the coq10 too if it's ok for you, but skip the carnitine and arginine, that's for men only) and the ginseng which we have mixed evidence as to safety and efficacy. I would prefer something like Men's Over 50 Centrum which does not have those megadoses, and then the other nutrients taken separately. But again, if he's been on that a long time, you may just want to have him continue because he's likely adjusted to the high doses.

Sucralose may sway pink but otherwise they're ok. Whey and oat powder is good.

I was asking more what we just talked about - when you were planning to have sex, how many times, etc.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh I see hah!! So, he's not highly sexual at all, so earlier on he has "cleared out the pipes" as it had been about 12 days, and we hope to try 48 hours later, on Saturday morning and night, and hopefully Sunday morning too - that's in the hope I'm still at peak stage tomorrow when I do another test (didn't realise they weren't as accurate as I initially thought!)

I feel like there is so much to take in hah! Thanks for all of your help so far, I really appreciate it!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In future cycles if there's any way to get him to "clean the pipes" more often than every 12 days that would be great. While I normally have people aim at more like every 2-4 days for blue, that's probably not going to happen for you guys so ANYTHING sooner than 12 days, even if it's only 6-7 days apart, will still help.

The tests are...ok, not ideal but ok...it's those darn apps that are the bigger issue. I am happy to help you interpret your OPK at any point, just don't go off the apps because they're telling people "peak" when those folks are 1-2 or even more days PAST what all Natural Family Planning experts have always considered "peak" and that's what all the info on swaying and TTC is based on - NOT some dumb app that was written by people who don't understand fertility and that didn't exist till 2 years ago, LOL.

It feels like a lot at first but stick with me, I'll answer as many q's as you have till it falls into place.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic !

We dtd this morning, and plan to again tonight and tomorrow morning. My lh levels were still high this morning, just done another test and I'm now 'low'. Cervical mucus has turned up a notch too, really like stretchy egg white today. Dunno if that's anything to go off mind! Yesterday I had dull aches in my lower abdomen, and this morning was like I had a stitch! I felt my cervix too (which I don't like doing hah!) but I feel like it was quite low, so god knows what's going on this month hah!

Aaah I guess we'll see, if it doesn't happen this month, there is always the months ahead when we will both be more prepared

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was my strip last night at apparently 130% it apparently then reduced to 60% this morning and it's now 0%

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast