Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good heavens, I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope everything will be normal from here on in.

Yes, I just honestly cannot say. It all depends on how big a hurry you're in. I can definitely see the wisdom in wanting to wait it out for a (hopefully normal) cycle!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the support. Quick question, I'm currently taking 2mg of folic acid, is that okay or should I be taking closer to the 1mg mark?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer that blue swayers take more like 2000 mcg throughout the entire first trimester, and then gradually wean back to the amount in a prenatal. If you really cannot bring yourself to take that much, wean back now to the maximum amount you feel comfortable with.

Some evidence indicates that slightly more folic acid or folate may help prevent chromosomal abnormalities in the egg, and of course it also helps prevent neural tube defects. Additionally many blue swayers are drinking green tea and other things that may deplete the body of folic acid or block its absorption. I myself conceived a boy with a neural tube defect eating a super healthy (non swaying, very blue friendly) diet plus a prenatal with 800 mcg, probably because I was drinking one single green tea every day (I didn't know better then). So this can happen even when you're taking a higher than normal amount of folic acid and not restricting food intake in any way, hence my recommendation.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic. I don't mind taking the 2000mcg. My prenatal has 1000mcg folate and I've been taking an additional 1000mcg folic acid as well. So this is fine? Then once pregnant and nearing end of first trimester wean to the 1000mcg in my prenatal?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's fine! Perfect! I would take the 1000 at a different time of day as the prenatal, so one in the morning, one at night, or whatever is convenient for you. That way you'll have more available over the course of the day for your body to use. Folate is water soluble and you'll just pee out anything you don't use.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, okay thanks so much Atomic! I'll start taking it at different times. I've been taking them together purely out of convenience but will switch it up now that I know this!

I also read somewhere that you recommend pop sugar fitness so I gave it a try and really like these classes! I did a 20 minute full body workout but is there any specific one that you recommend or can I just pick whichever I feel like that day? When I conceived my DD I was doing classes like this but more like 4-5 times per week but they were for 60 minutes, clearly a lot more intense.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whichever ones you like are great! I usually do the ones by Anna (most are by Anna) because I just prefer her energy but there are lots of great ones available. That's one of the things I love about them is their variety, lots to choose from.

Yes the blue sway exercise is just often LESS than what you were doing before. Not different necessarily, just not enough to deplete you physically.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that's great to hear! Is there a number of them I should aim for each week? This past week for example, I did 2 pop sugar fitness classes (not on the same day), took a 40 minute walk, and did strength based yoga. These were all over 5-7 days or so. Is this the ideal amount and type of weekly exercise that I should be doing? I'm clearly doing exercises with body weight versus dumb bells, so not too sure if that's a problem. Thanks in advance atomic!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes that's a great amount of exercise. I figure as long as you're spacing them out, even over 7 days and not doing a huge workout any given day that's all good.

Body weight is if anything better because you're less likely to get hurt and it's less fuss.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

Just an update, after the unusually long cycle post covid vaccine (60 days!), I just had a normal 33 day cycle, which is great! The bad news is that I'm on CD3 and normally ovulate somewhere around CD21 and I have now caught a cold from my toddler. Seems it's just been one bump in the road after another. I'm guessing this sways girl doesn't it if we go ahead this month assuming I get over this cold quickly?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast