Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regular unprotected sex and blue sway

Hi atomic,

Sorry if you've covered this question elsewhere but I'm just wondering as to how much having regular unprotected sex sways blue? The reason I'm asking is that DH was away for work for the past 2.5 months and we weren't able to include this in our sway. Based on what you've seen has this been a make it or break it sway tactic? DH is home now and I'm due to ovulate in the next week or so and wondering whether to go for it this month or hold off until next one. I guess I'm just curious how important this is to include.

Thanks in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know. So much of this is theoretical, and we have no hard data to prove it. But what we DO know is that the majority of those of us with many boys do have regular unprotected sex all month long and only use protection in the fertile window.

The good news is, we do have hard data that indicates men who have been away at war and come home (even just home on leave) father more boys so you guys may have that "magic" working for you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thank you, Atomic! I am keeping my fingers crossed this is the case for us.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another question Atomic... I'm due to get a positive OPK what I think will be tomorrow (today was almost there and I have a typical fade in and fade out pattern of OPK progression). I don't really care so much about timing and am wondering whether we should go for it every day for the next few days. We had an attempt yesterday at CD21, then will plan to have attempts right through til CD25. Should I wait for the OPK to get darker before we officially attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's what most of us with all boys do! Go at it like bunnies in the fertile window! As long as you don't care about timing (which has been totally debunked) go for it!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! We had attempts CD 21, CD 22, on CD 23 we skipped as the OPK was reading the same as the last two days. Today on CD 24 it's very close to positive (more so than the last few days) so I think this one is it. Been having a lot of EWCM today too which is quite more than I had the last couple of days. So because I don't care about timing I'll have another attempt tonight, then again CD 25, CD 26 and CD 27. Do you think that sounds like a good plan? Should I also try to have multiple attempts on any of those days?

On another note, my ovulation seems delayed this month. Is there any risks with ovulating late or any impacts on chances of conception with late ovulation?

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's great! Multiple attempts are fine if you can, but if not I'd not sweat it.

No risks from ovulating "late" (though you're still in really pretty much normal range, anything up to CD 35 quite frequently with good chances of conception). You can sometimes read people making claims that "late ovulation = bad egg" but that has all been debunked. Doctors were originally confusing the REASONS for delayed ovulation (such as PCOS or hypothalamic amenorrhea - losing ovulation from starvation) with delayed ovulation itself, and since PCOS and HA are associated with more losses for other reasons that have nothing to do with when you ovulate, there was some confusion. But that has been disproven and we now know that delayed eggs are still good ones - after all, they were in your body before you were born, a few more days don't make any difference LOL!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know regarding late ovulation as I was a little worried! Thanks so much.

So we had attempts CD 21, 22, 24, 25 and 26. My OPK started fading out today on CD 26 and my very close positive was on CD 24. I'm wondering whether we're in the clear now in terms of attempts or whether we should have another one tomorrow? I feel like today is ovulation day. DH may not be home tomorrow so I'm wondering how important that attempt would be given the pattern we did above?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I'm a bit late for this one but if YOU feel that you haven't ovulated yet you should always continue with attempts. You had great attempts but whenever it comes to pass that you think "I suspect this is O Day" or whatever and you can have an attempt I do suggest it. Obviously at some point the egg is gone, and if you're needing to not have an attempt then that's fine, but just err on the side of having an attempt if you believe you haven't ovualted yet. (or just have and the egg may still be alive)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic! AF was due today and DH suggested I take a pregnancy test for fun just to see, as I don't feel any different than I normally do before AF and it was a BFP! I used the FRER tests and there is a clear second pink line, not faint at all but not as intense as the control either! This was our first month TTC and am shocked (but thrilled!) that it happened this quickly. Our attempts were somewhere like O-5, O-4, O-2, O-1 and O. I hope this was boy friendly enough! Although I don't temp, I do find that I have no EWCM on O day (that's really the only indication I have along with some mild cramping for a full day).

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast