Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jazmin! Good luck to you. Sometimes it's good to get swaying and TTC off your mind for a bit as it can all be very stressful. We were going to try this month but decided to hold off until next (I am having some back issues).

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, also trying for boy sway. Have been trying for many months now. Hope it works for me soon and all of you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, hope you don’t mind if I join this thread. Plan to start TTC our last child and would like to sway blue.
    A little back story - had our first son in April 2017 but he was born still at 39+ 5. No cause was ever found, baby boy’s heart just stopped beating. Had our second son June 2018. It took three months to conceive him, and we somewhat swayed. Tried to follow the HE diet as much as I could. Used Preseed and DTD on O+1, O and O-1.
    Had a tougher time getting pregnant with our DD who was born September 2020. I was diagnosed with PCOS and ended up taking Letrozole and Progesterone. DTD, O+3, O+2, O+1, O and O-1. I don’t remember purposely doing this, so figure I must have expected to O but didn’t so just kept DTD until I finally O’ed.
    I haven’t gotten my period back since having my daughter. Am just finishing up Provera to hopefully kickstart my body into ovulating again.
    Atomic - does Letrozole or Progesterone have any pink or blue sway? I would prefer not to have to take again, but also would rather get pregnant sooner than later, so if need be I will probably start again in the next couple months if we haven’t been successful yet.
    This time around my husband has also started taking Finasteride. I have read some horror stories, but he’s had no issues with ED or anything like that. Worried it might make him sway pink though.
    Last edited by marcci; July 21st, 2021 at 10:46 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, how heartbreaking.

Yes, we believe that letrozole has some pink sway effect (about 3-5% pink friendly, this is shown in at least one study now) and that finasteride may as well. The progesterone seems to be neutral. The good news is that many many baby boys are also conceived on letrozole, so if you sway in other ways, it will make up for the effects of the letrozole.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there an updated thread with best blue sway techniques? Seems like most of the posts have been updated saying there isn’t much evidence for lots of the previously recommended techniques.
    Seems like HE diet and timing are still recommended. Anything else in particular?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by marcci View Post
    Is there an updated thread with best blue sway techniques? Seems like most of the posts have been updated saying there isn’t much evidence for lots of the previously recommended techniques.
    Seems like HE diet and timing are still recommended. Anything else in particular?
    HE Diet, weight training exercise, taking prenatals and a few other supplements, and having 3+ attempts in the fertile window work. Most of the old-school sway tactics do nothing and are in many cases worse than nothing.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! Can I ask which specific supplements are being recommended now?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fish oil no more than 500 mg (if you can only find 750/1000 take every other day instead of daily) (hubby can take this too)

Prenatal or multivitamin with no more than 100% of most nutrients and without added herbal components (with the Vitamin D you can go up to 250% but the other stuff should not be megadoses, just 100%) Your husband can take this too

IF you are drinking green tea, using the baking soda drinks, taking any herbal supplements (green tea is ok, but I don't personally recommend the others), are over 35ish or have a history of miscarriages, or are hoping for twins take 2000 mcg folic acid or folate total (including the amount in your prenatal). Take this thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in prenatal. (Hubby does NOT need, and should not take, additional folic acid or folate. Only 400 for him)

Probiotic - while on some sites this was recommended for pink, we had such terrible results for girls with probiotics we switched over to using them for boys to great effect! Both you and your hubby should use these.

If you'd like, you can take 100 mg coq10 daily till BFP and then gradually wean off. This is the least important supplement though. Both of you can take this.

Robitussin or Mucinex - use this starting about 3 days before you expect to ovulate and carry on 3 days afterwards. Hubby does not need this unless you find his semen is very thick and clumpy.

Avoid things like fertility herbs, Asian herbs, anything said to "aid implantation" as you do not need them and they can very much harm your blue sway.

Your husband can also add in l-arginine 500 mg and l-carnitine 1000 mg daily. you SHOULD NOT take this or any supplement that has either component in there, even if someone tells you it is good for blue. These have wreaked havoc with people's menstrual cycles, dried up their cervical mucus, and been associated with sway opposites.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much, Atomic!

Just finished Provera on Friday, so expecting my withdrawal bleed any day now. I looked back and I didn’t ovulate till CD28 and CD34 the previous two times I took provera to restart, so guessing I still have a bit to go before being able to really try.
    Last edited by marcci; July 25th, 2021 at 03:59 PM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic, can you help point me in the right direction doe the fish oil? There’s so many options - omega 3, salmon oil, krill oil. Is there a specific one that sways more blue or something in particular I should be looking for?

One more question, folic acid or folate? I’m finding both of them and unsure if one is better than the other?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by marcci; August 6th, 2021 at 11:11 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast