Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Third boy sway

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should I be taking extra folic acid as centrum only has 300mg & I think the recommendation is 400mg at least?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like blue swayers to take 1600-2000 mcg folic acid or folate all thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy, then gradually wean back to the amount in the prenatal.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    We are going for our attempt this month, currently 4 days into my cycle & seem to be ovulating on day 20/21 the past two months with a 35/36 day cycle.
    I am eating fortified breakfast every am with a cup of double nespresso. I have something to eat at 10ish (toast, fruit, cereal bar & tea). Lunch might be soup and sandwich, snack during the afternoon & dinner is chicken or meat with rice, pasta.

Im taking centrum, 500mg omega 3 & 400 folic acid as supplements the past 2/3 months.

Im feeling very nervous this month! Im planning on doing a baking soda douche, never done before & have cough syrup which ill take from day 17 maybe?

I feel I should test my ph but im not quite sure what to use to do that. Is it just regular urine ph test strips?

And lastly and im so sorry I know ive asked before but what should we do with regards dtd. I was thinking Day 7, day 11, day 14, day 16, day 20 twice assuming static smiley and twice day 21.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks so much for your help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't recommend baking soda douche but that's your choice.

i think you should start the guaifenesin (cough syrup) before the earliest time you MIGHT ovulate, which would be more like CD 11ish or so. There's no harm in taking it longer.

I wouldn't bother testing pH as it hasn't given us any important information. People are getting boys and girls with pH all over the map.

Yes, that's a fine schedule early on but I would definitely take OPK the whole time (starting like CD 11 or so) and then once you get a static smiley, as you're saying once or twice that day, once or twice the next day, and then at least one more time the following day in case ovulation is delayed. Then I'd keep BD every other day for a couple more times, in case ovulation was later.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you exercising? Getting good sleep?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok will start the syrup on cd11, thanks.
    Exercise is minimal, I get a walk in a few times a week but dont get time. Should I up my game over the next two weeks?
    Im up at least once a night with the littlest still so might average 6 -7 hours of sleep a night, closer to the 6 id say

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Adding in some muscle-building exercise may help. If you truly can't do it, that's ok, just something that has seemed to help.

Getting an adequate night's sleep as often as possible will likely help. If you can try to get more rest as you come into your attempt it may help.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Im doing a 20 mins Pilates workout every am so this might help hopefully. I’m overthinking this I think but its starting to panic me. My notion of DTD twice a day when I get a static face is never going to happen as we barely get time in the evenings. So my concern is I get a static face in the am, we DTD that night, I ovulate & then we DTD the following night again which will be too late & then that will be back to my one attempt in fertile window. Any advice? Would DTD the morning after the static smiley really help us out (as well as that evening) or am I overthinking this? Just afraid of early ovulation & getting the 2+ attempts in

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can always have attempts with the flashy smiley too. I know some people don't want to do that because of Shettles, but Shettles has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked (he was wrong, we know why he was wrong, we know X and Y sperm live the same time, swim the same speed, and are about the same size, and scientists using his OWN data plus modern knowledge and technology showed that 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every cycle day)

Yes, DTD the morning after the static smiley can help if it's possible. ~Usually~ the night of the solid smiley won't be too late, you're still in with a chance of hitting the egg with that timing.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Atomic.
    Got a flashy face this am on day 11. DTD in day 7 and will do this evening.
    Im drinking squeezed lemon in water the past week & started the cough syrup today as you recommended. It says take 4 times a day - do I go with it as if I was using it as cough medicine or am I supposed to be taking less than the cough dosage?
    I have some coconut water to drink also.
    Is there any other drink I shud take the day of static or before like baking soda in oj, ill avoid the douche as Ive read you can get infections etc from doing that sort of thing!
    Thanks heaps as always

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast