Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic for all the info and sharing your personal experience.

So I am going to send you a screenshot of my chart so far below. I started the temps CD8

I didnt test on CD12 as I didn't get to sleep til late and thought its better I get the extra sleep. On CD13 I got a peak on the clearblue in the morning but my wondfo was low and very faint, I tested a few hours later just after 11am and it was equally dark so a positive.

On CD14 because we had to get up earlier for our attempt because it was a school day I tested my basal temperature 25 minutes before I normally would have. Also I didnt get a solid block of sleep as did wake a couple of times in the night.

We tried evening of CD13, the following morning and the evening on CD14 (so twice on what I thought would be ovulation day).

My chart is showing I ovulated on CD13 which I wasn't expecting.. do you think its possible I got an inaccurate higher temp on CD14 given I tested 25 mins earlier that day and also woke a couple of times in the night? I wouldn't have thought i would have ovulated CD13 given I only got my positive that day?

Screenshot_20211021-110520_FF App.jpg
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; October 21st, 2021 at 06:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you got your peak on CD 13 you most likely ovulated anywhere from 8-48 hours after that, so it is possible you Oed CD 13. But the average is 24-36 hours after first peak.

Temping is just not that accurate. It is always possible to have a day that is "off" from what it should be (even if you didn't temp at a different time). This is why we wait for 3 days of elevated temps to confirm ovulation - because one day or even two just doesn't prove anything since temps can be wonky any given day. With temping you're looking for patterns across many days and not just one or even two days' temps.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah so it's possible I could have missed my chance entirely this month if it can be 8-48 hours after positive OPK? 😞 or may have not got the 3 attempts in?

From past cycles i tend to have the rise in temp the day after the positive OPK so I was hoping this would have been the case

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is always possible. But the odds are you had good timing.

Just keep in mind that you can have your hormones indicating ovulation and then it just doesn't show up on your temps for some reason. It doesn't mean you didn't ovulate when you are hoping you did, just means that your temps might have been different for some reason - your room was colder than normal, you slept all cuddled up so your temps were higher, that sort of thing.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for clarifying atomic. Hope your well

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, I have come on my period today.. I feel pretty upset as it felt my body played tricks on me.. I had tingling in my breasts (like milk let down feeling when breastfeeding) which I have never had before apart from when I last fell pregnant and miscarried. I also had a shooting sensation down below, again something I had last time I was pregnant and miscarried. I had my hopes up and have come crashing down this morning. Part of me is wandering what if I caught and it didn't happen again?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In most cases you won't have noticeable symptoms like that till after you miss a period. But it is possible to have a chemical pregnancy. This would be entirely different than the loss you had the last time, where the pregnancy implanted in the wrong place and could not grow there. Chemicals are very very common and having one doesn't mean you can't get pregnant in the future - it's that so many things have to go exactly right, sometimes they don't quite go according to plan. But you can still get pregnant successfully in the future.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic. What exactly is a chemical?

A couple of weeks ago my husband was poorly and had a temperature.. Does a temperature reduce sperm count and therefore not good for a boy sway?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A chemical is where something has gone wrong during the very earliest stages of development (either something off with the egg, the sperm, or the way they joined together and grew right from the start) so the egg comes to rest against the uterine wall and your body senses something is not right with it, and your period comes when it should and ends it before it can even begin. You will get a positive pregnancy test, but typically only for a day or two, and generally speaking you would not have had any symptoms unless the pregnancy was succeeding. Anything is possible but it's far more likely that your symptoms were from the normal progesterone rise in the 2WW and not a pregnancy.

Overall yes, we try to avoid men having fevers when TTC but sometimes it's unavoidable. I hope he's feeling better now!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for clarifying atomic.

Oh no, how long after a fever does it take for the sperm count to return to normal? He has been releasing every 4 days as normal to try and get rid of old sperm, is this something he should avoid now because he had the temperature and his sperm count could be reduced?

Do you normally advise people to stop trying in this situation until the sperm count is expected to get higher again?

Do you know why a lower sperm count due to fever isn't good for a boy sway? Sorry just trying to understand given 1 sperm is needed for fertilisation?

Do you know of people in this position and whose sway worked? He had the temperature over 2 days about 2 weeks ago hes better now thanks.. his temperature was between 37 and 38 but on one ocassion got to 39.. he was taking paracetamol to try bring it down.

I am expecting to ovulate this weekend and have no idea what to do now. I am concerned about this effecting our sway and also concerned that time is running out due to my age. Any vitamins he can take to help increase the sperm count?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; November 12th, 2021 at 04:22 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast