Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vegetarian couple ttc a boy

Hi atomic just started a new thread.

Since my miscarriage I noticed rarely I have had a slight tinge of colour in my discharge (pinky/browny) I have had a period although that maybe wasn't as heavy as normal. I haven't had the tinged discharge often but it has been there not so much recently. Is this normal?

Also I have an instant pot and was thinking to make some meals in there, for nutrient purposes is it better to avoid this? Not sure if cooking on the pressure cook setting for example kills the nutrients?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be normal to have that, but given that this was an extrauterine pregnancy we absolutely need to mention that to your doctor in case there's still a wound healing that we would need to be aware of before proceeding with another pregnancy.

The Instant Pot is great!! There's always some nutrients lost in the cooking process but that happens no matter what you're using, and the ability to make beans/legumes more easily is FANTASTIC (that's mainly what I use my IP for - making beans and split peas). Cooking beans well actually can free up some nutrients in them (NEVER eat undercooked beans!! It can kill you depending on what kind of bean it is). Totally endorsed!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic I will speak to my doctor. I am assuming they will only know if i have a wound by doing a scan? They did say when they did the first scan that they could see some bleeding near the sac not sure if it could be related to that. Do you know if menstrual cycles can be affected by early miscarriages? I have just noticed a tiny blob of pinky discharge on my pantyliner, I am only on CD23 and my period doesn't usually start this early if that's what this is the beginning of. I have generally been noticing more discharge than usual aswell the normal coloured one after the miscarriage.

Ok will use the instant pot it is great! Is it ok to have frozen vegetables or are they less nutritious compared to fresh?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes they'd need to do a scan - if it's seeming to wind down on its own you may want to take a wait and see approach but it has been quite a while for that to be continuing.

Once the loss occurred we'd want to see that bleeding resolve very quickly and not hanging on. We'd want to rule out anything left behind so that's why we would want to potentially have it checked.

Yes, your cycle can be affected by a loss, and additionally it can be that you are not really even having a true cycle (with ovulation and a period) and may just have a breakthrough bleed, without ever having ovulated. There's nothing wrong with this, it's quite normal, and it would still reset your cycle over again so it's all good.

Any way you can get vegetables into your diet it's all good.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, I called the early pregnancy assessment unit and feel they may have fobbed me off a little, she said that intermittent bleeding can be common after a miscarriage and she said that it can take a couple of cycles for things to settle down.. does this sound about right to you? She said I had to speak to the doctor about getting referred for a scan which I will do.

Just to update you the day after I got that pinkish blob of discharge I started my period but not until late afternoon but that was cycle day 24 which is early for me so I am worried.. is this classed as a short cycle? Also yesterday I passed a clot which looked like the kind of clots I passed during my miscarriage.. is this normal after a miscarriage? Like I said this would have been my 2nd period after it. My last 1 felt lighter this 1 apart from the clot felt like the kind of flow I would normally get on my period certainly on the 2nd day of it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not in this case because when there's an extrauterine pregnancy they ~should~ have got everything out of there, it's not like a standard miscarriage where they can expect that future periods will "wash away" anything left behind.

But that having been said, since you have started your period I suspect it was more down to that reason and not any leftover tissue so I'd personally wait if I was you.

24 day cycle is somewhat short but not terribly. A couple of strange cycles after a loss are fairly normal but we want to see that resolving now. If they try to tell you 3, 4, or more months after a loss "it's probably the loss" then they are truly fobbing you off and you must be more aggressive.

Clots can always be normal during periods. They can be pretty shocking if you aren't used to them but in most cases, as long as it's at the correct time for your period to come it's fine. Let's keep an eye for anything else unusual, for now I'd be willing to wait and see but if more weirdness comes to pass then we'll need to try to get you in if possible.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, thanks for your reply. I spoke to the doctor she didn't think I needed a scan as it was very little in between my period. She thought it was normal and it can go on for a around 3 cycles after miscarrying. Thankfully I haven't had any for the last few weeks so hopefully it's stopped. She also thought from info gathered that the pregnancy was where it should have been, who knows!

I also had a swab done as it came out that when they swabbed me around the time I miscarried that it queried further investigation needed to be done to establish if i had bacterial vaginosis.. The hospital didn't follow up on this though I asked about my swab and my doctor then followed up.. thankfully my swab came back clear, is it possible that I could have had it and it cleared itself? Can preseed cause bacterial vaginosis? I don't know for certain if I had it it just said follow up was needed

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh good I'm glad it's going away!

Wow how very strange they've had such a wide array of thoughts regarding where the pregnancy was! Tubal pregnancies can be quite tough for docs to see, but you'd think by this point they'd know more about what was happening. I'm sorry, I wish you had more answers.

It's always possible that you can have BV and it clear itself. But it is far, far, far more likley you never had it. They simply saw some irritation or discharge that just led them to want to be sure you didn't have it, which is them simply giving you proper care. BV for most people is a minor annoyance, so even if you did have it, you'd not experience any serious issues, so please don't worry that this is some ongoing harmful issue.

Any time you put anything in the vagina (even semen) you can get BV - or more accurately, aggravate it, because if you don't have that certain strain of bacteria in your vagina, you can't get BV no matter what you put in there. If you do have that bacteria, you can get it even if you have put nothing in your VJ!

Some people who have chronic BV have reported that Preseed seemed to cause flares (but having lots of sex when TTC can also cause flares). Others have reported that Preseed seemed to CURE their BV (probably because their old lube was aggravating it, or else that sex with inadequate lube caused irritation that then encouraged an infection. Long story short, yes, any lube can aggravate BV, but you didn't even have BV to start with, and Preseed is used by thousands of women and doesn't give them BV.

A few people anecdotally reported that they preferred Baby Dance lube but I haven't seen anyone successfully use that for blue. It's probably blue friendly, just that I haven't seen it firsthand.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it's all very strange!

I came on my period yesterday atomic, the day before I did have some reddish discharge just the once and thought it was my period but it didn't start properly until yesterday. This happened on my last period to. Is this normal?

I was worried if I had BV it may have caused my miscarriage is that at all possible? I know its likely I didn't have it was just wandering?

For each meal atomic how many grams of protein should i be aiming for?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's normal to have a day of red/brown/pink discharge before your period.

While a couple studies claimed to find a slight link between BV and miscarriage it was never proven. In terms of causes of miscarriages, BV is WAYYYY down the line. It is very unlikely that BV caused your loss.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast