Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily blue log

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    That sounds a bit tough for sure - did you need to cut that much ?
    I know there is a science to it but is the idea to lose weight (fat) to then gain muscle after? Be keen to know more if you don't mind sharing!
    I have considered a body recomp process but I am just so darn sleep deprived that with FT work as well, it seems completely unrealistic at this stage - maybe in a few months once hopefully I sleep a bit again haha
    The idea is to do HE soon (say 3-4m), but gradually making changes towards in the meantime. I almost drink no more coffee and have a tea or two with milk every day... starting some supps (iron as am low, probiotics then will add multi)
    Will start HIIT sessions soon, 2 times/w at this stage if I can increase I will but working on keeping weight steady BUT getting stronger/more muscular
    It’s not too bad! Yes so in Feb started HE so I was in a calorie surplus with lots of protein and started lifting weights. I feel like I put on a fair bit of muscle and fat which happens when bulking and now I wanted to cut a bit so just prioritizing protein and cutting down on carbs and fat to just put me in a slight cal deficit. Still lifting the same amount - like 20 mins 5 days/ week with 35lb kettlebell and 10lb weights. I don’t do many reps since I ride 3/4 horses those days. Then 2 days a week don’t workout and am a little more relaxed on the diet. Also staying up with supplements and tea. I read a lot in the “how we got our boys” that moms were wedding pepping and would get fit then after get a bit lax so I’m going with that approach!! I plan to keep up weights and add in more fat / carbs, keep protein high and eat more snacks starting July (I have a horseshow to go to I wanted to look good for) when my youngest turns 1. Then going to try to get her to feed less and rely more on food to try to get my cycle back. Right now she eats very little food almost none and nurses constantly which is good right now!! Right now I’m debating if I should schedule her nursing and get my cycle back BEFORE starting to up cals or up cals and then fiddle around with the feedings. Either way, I do want to be upping for a full solid 6 weeks before attempts begin. So anyways, that’s my long boring story but I really like having a “goal” to work towards!!! What’s your plan??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Daily blue log

Quote Originally Posted by polaris.kai View Post
    That all sounds great! Hopefully your cycle returns soon so you can start tracking all that stuff too!

We are doing well. Our dd3 just turned one. I'm not doing anything crazy HE but we are just making our life more blue friendly in general. I've completely cut out coffee for tea and feel so good I wonder why I was so hesitant to switch also cooking with more "real" nutritious foods and exercising.

DH is no longer deploying so we won't have the "return from war" blue vibes so we are making adjustments to hopefully be as blue friendly as possible by the end of the year
    All sounds good!! How’s hubby doing? Are you getting some time to workout? Eating well?? Yea is the bomb!!! I drink 4 teabags a day w milk and it’s heaven!!

Last edited by Thefinalcountdown; June 24th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you have a plan ready to go conquer haha well done on being able to add in the weight lifting 5 days per week! You must be quite athletic anyhow if you ride a lot?

Remind my sleep deprived, oh-so-exhausted brain… how many kids (and what gender) do you have? I know you have your little girl that is soon turning one but can’t recall other details, sorry ��

When did your cycles return for your previous babies? Getting your DD to eat more solids will definitely help that along! I found that the sweet spot tends to be when they don’t rely on BFing for nutrition most of the time, but BFeeds are just a complement to their main eating.

As for me – the plan is still vague (which I hate haha) as I have to first make sure I can get hubby convinced and within what timeframe…that sort of also will dictate a more specific action plan.
    That being said, I do want to ensure that my body is as geared towards blue as possible at any time, given that #4 was our little oops – one can never be too careful! ^^
    But overall, my thinking is - get rid of a bit of fat and build muscle (overall get toned and fit) and stay the course for a while and then once I know we will be ready TTC in 3 months (right now, regardless, can’t get pregnant as just started a new job so the earliest I could start TTC would be early next year, more so mid next year), up the calories/protein somewhat (the theory of plentiful resources etc) , maintain/build muscle but hopefully (the literal and not literal) heavy lifting will already been done with the previous part of the process... so can easily keep it up and if needed, get more muscular/eat more in the immediate lead-up to TTC.

Right now am so darn sleep deprived that I cannot fathom even remotely trying to be pregnant anyhow haha

My DD is a bit older than yours but she also nurses constantly – she eats well at nursery but at home with me, not always eating big quantities and she is bOOb obsessed – and is latched on all friggin night…as much as I love her, I need her back in her room/bed soon. I have given in so far as it was just easier and overall got more rest, as poor thing has been sick heaps and teething like mad especially since she started nursery/I went back to work. It’s a huge comfort thing for her too, so don’t want to rush in weaning her too fast.
    But no cycle yet – first time it’s taken this long to return (suspect it’s the night nursing that is more intense than with previous girls): hope I’m still somewhat fertile, at now over 37 y.o (sigh).
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my 3rd and 4th boy when I was 37+!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I got my 3rd and 4th boy when I was 37+!!!
    I know you did, so gives me hope!
    I have been getting more fertile for 10 years funnily enough lol but still the seed of doubt as no cycle yet.. though have been getting sharp ovary pains the last few days so maybe my body is trying to tear up to O
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    I like the gelatin and I don’t mind it so I’ll use it for extra protein so my afternoon matcha with milk can be a full snack. Yep plain old sweet potato or even a regular potato I love the skins! And apple skins… lol! I wish I was a pickier eater I love food in general!! The only thing about my sway that is worrisome is that we are dtd unprotected every 1-3 days and I’m testing with strips but I know sometimes that can be unreliable plus there are some “spur of the moment” times when I haven’t tested. And baby is only almost 8 months old, I’d like to wait till at least a year. I haven’t had a cycle yet still so there’s no tracking that though I speculate probably around the one year mark which is ideal. Usually my ppp comes back 18+ months later but this time I’m eating regularly and more and meat/ dairy/ eggs so wondering if that will bring it back sooner? I’ll just *try* to be vigilant.

Past 2 days

Milk tea/ yog oats
    Pistachios/ almonds/ walnuts
    Eggs/ cheese/ cauliflower/ apple
    Matcha/ gelatin/ milks/ date syrup
    Salmon/ green beans/ beets/ swt potato skins/ salad
    Berries/ peanut butter
    Supps
    Weights 1/2 hour
    Milk tea/ yog oats
    Eggs/ cheese/ green beans/ honeydew
    Matcha/ milks/ gelatin/ date syrup
    Boar/ lentils/ carrots/ cabbage cooked in butter
    Salad/ berries/ peanut butter
    Supps

2-4 cups/ day of whole milk and just adding lots of grassfed butter and/ or coconut oil to everything I cook and eat. Is one better than the other? Probably the butter? Are you seeing any holes anywhere? I’m still drinking 4 tea bags worth of tea a day and 4 servings of matcha as long as you don’t think that’s too much I’ll continue!

Also, sometimes I feel fine without snacks is it ok to just have the 3 meals? Or should I eat less at meals and snack? Does it even matter? I figure if I’m not hungry then I don’t need the snacks. But if the frequency is the key then I could cut back a tad at meal times. The gelatin/ matcha/ whole milk/ date syrup drink is pretty large so I have that between lunch and dinner I think that’s probably a snack since it’s 14g protein and carbs from the date syrup.
    I’m so intrigued.. how do you make the gelatin matcha? Does it make it solidify a bit or because it’s mixed in and drunk straight away it’s just like any drink?
    what gelatin would you use?

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get the grass fed gelatin. I used to drink matcha but I don’t anymore bc I dunno I feel like I always have to change things! Now I just have regular tea & milk and put it in my morning “bowl” cauliflower rice/ gelatin/ goat protein/ oats. It’s weird but I’m eating a ton of vegetables to keep my volume up and calories down. But I used to just put the matcha powder and gelatin in my cup and add water and milk- it was chunky but I am not picky whatsoever so I liked it.

Yeah I have a “plan” I’m just the type always scheming and planning and then having a “new” plan/ scheme lol so I hope this isn’t going three steps back but I do plan on giving he the full 6 week attention! I want to get down a few more lbs of fat then can maintain or gain a teeny bit doing HE.

Start those weights! Even a little is better than none!

I am in the same boat with my baby, wants to nurse all night which is great because I do not want to get pregnant while cutting! Nurse is all day too. I have a girl she is six and a boy he is three then my almost one year old. So I am trying to get a brother for my boy!

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m not sure when you got my periods back previously but I know it was over a year for sure, my babies nurse a lot and tend to walk early but eat later. So they were drinking all the time plus both times I was pumping for my sisters adopted babies. I wanted to coincide my HE to peak when she starts eating more solids because of the oops factor!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    I get the grass fed gelatin. I used to drink matcha but I don’t anymore bc I dunno I feel like I always have to change things! Now I just have regular tea & milk and put it in my morning “bowl” cauliflower rice/ gelatin/ goat protein/ oats. It’s weird but I’m eating a ton of vegetables to keep my volume up and calories down. But I used to just put the matcha powder and gelatin in my cup and add water and milk- it was chunky but I am not picky whatsoever so I liked it.

Yeah I have a “plan” I’m just the type always scheming and planning and then having a “new” plan/ scheme lol so I hope this isn’t going three steps back but I do plan on giving he the full 6 week attention! I want to get down a few more lbs of fat then can maintain or gain a teeny bit doing HE.

Start those weights! Even a little is better than none!

I am in the same boat with my baby, wants to nurse all night which is great because I do not want to get pregnant while cutting! Nurse is all day too. I have a girl she is six and a boy he is three then my almost one year old. So I am trying to get a brother for my boy!

Thanks! Got some flavourless grass fed gelatin - but haven’t started using it yet as have to find a way to get it down haha hence asking about the drink :P
    I also have to make some more bone broth as have run out and I add it to Amy sauce or soup I make
    You seem to be eating a lot of game - y meat - Id say that is awesome for blue!

Yes definitely trying to get weights in whenever I can - I usually do HIIT with Jody weight and for now, small weights as can’t so the heavy kettlebell due to my shitty wrists !

I know what you mean with the “always scheming “ lol same here !
    Since your TTC isn’t too far away am sure you’ll be just fine… must be so reassuring already having had a boy so you know you can make them! I feel like I’m trying to go against all friggin odds with having only girls and 4 of them, at that!

Last edited by LMSM; July 2nd, 2022 at 07:49 AM.

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don’t mind typos as am on phone lol

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast