Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid/Femara for Blue/boy sway

Hi Atomic,

I have been TTC now for my boy for a long time and it is just not happening (I have 2 girls and 1 boy, I’m 32 years old). So I went to two doctors, one prescribed Clomid, and the other prescribed Femara. I remember you mentioned those two slightly sway pink, so

A) which one you recommend that I take Clomid or Femara?
    B) is there any specific way I should take them in a way that would not ruin my blue sway?
    C) you mentioned before Clomid and Femara increase chances of twins, is there a specific way i should take them to help me produce more than one egg?

Thank you so much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's only about 3-5% absolute max and if you sway blue you can mitigate that. Many, many people will swear to me that Clomid absolutely MUST sway blue because they only know people who conceived boys on it!

a) I have no preference. I do feel that for women under 40ish we ~may~ see slightly better rates of twinning on Clomid so that may be a better option if you want twins.

b)Just be sure you're swaying with diet, exercise, and number of attempts. Take as your doctor directs you.

c)I would use Clomid instead if you want twins, Femara ~may~ have slightly lower rates of twinning. I'd use it only at the dose your doc suggests, and CD 3-7 is said by some to be better for twins than later. Taking too much can actually make you have higher order multiples so you don't want to increase the dose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Nora Aaron thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I stopped my ttc journey because I had to travel and won't be reunited with my DH till November. Meanwhile I'm continuing with my HE diet, exercises, and supplements. I'll be extra good on this 6 weeks before me and DH reunite.

The problem now is that here the doctor can only prescribe Femara. That's the only thing I can get here. So I'm double checking with you that this is still ok for the boy sway. I understand you'd use Clomid for more chances of twins, but you don't have a preference of Clomid or Femara when it comes to boy sway as long as I do all the swaying techniques correctly. Is that correct?
    Should I go ahead with Femara when I ttc again in November or do I just drop trying to conceive until I can go back to my country to get Clomid? (twins is not the priority, the boy baby is the main goal really so I wanna make sure Femara is at least ok for my boy sway)
    Last edited by Nora Aaron; August 12th, 2022 at 06:08 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Femara is fine for blue. I have no preference on Clomid vs. Femara. Just do the rest of your blue sway stuff and you can have a great blue sway even on the medications. The amount the medicines sway on their own, is marginal, and you can make up for that easily with an otherwise good blue sway. (in fact, so many people get boys with Femara and Clomid that people actually don't believe me when I say they sway pink - it is completely overcomable with lifestyle)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s good to know, thank you so much. Do you think 7.5 mg of Femara from cycle day 3 to 7 a safe dosage? Doctor prescribed 2.5 (one pill) for 5 days, but I’m trying to go for twins too, and from my research it seems a lot of women got pregnant with Femara twins with 7.5 mg daily for 5 days. What do you think?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No that is not safe and I cannot ever recommend more than 2.5 mg (or 50 mg Clomid) for anyone unless they are not ovulating on that AND if they're having ultrasound monitoring to ensure they're not going to release lots of eggs. You could end up with higher order multiples, OHSS, or even not conceiving at all (since you are blocking estrogen far more than on 2.5). No one should take triple the dose of what their doctor recommends for any reason at all whatsoever!

8. Thanks Nora Aaron thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you so much!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

I am a bit anxious and seek your advice now that I am prescribed 5 mg letrozole and trying to sway blue. I was on the 2.5 mg for one month (EDIT: two months September and October - but I consider it one month coz in October I didn’t do it right), didn’t get pregnant, now I am prescribed to start on 5 mg. I ovulate normally every cycle, my cycles are regular, my blood tests and ultrasound tests came all normal, my doctor diagnosed my case as unexplained infertility and prescribed 5mg Femara for me, to be exact he said I should take one 2.5 mg pill in the morning, and another one after 12 hours - for 5 days (CD 2-6 or 3-7)

I have two girls and one boy (all were conceived from first month trying) and I am hoping to add one more boy to our family.

I have been doing good on HE diet, supplements for me and DH, and number of attempts (I try to exercise but haven't been doing so good on that).

Do you think this dose that the doctor prescribed me (5 mg Letrozole) can negatively affect my blue sway? Should I increase my vitamin D dose since it raises the testosterone level? If you think 5 mg letrozole is too much for blue sway I’ll drop it and continue on TTC without it.

The supplements I’m on are
    Omega 3 500mg
    Folic acid 2000mcg
    Multivitamin for pregnant women
    Vitamin D 1000 IU
    CoQ10 100mg

DH gets
    Omega 3 500mg
    Magnesium 375mg
    Multivitamin for men
    Last edited by Nora Aaron; November 7th, 2022 at 06:30 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They upped you from 2.5 mg to 5 mg in one month?? And you ovulated but simply didn't conceive?? That is TERRIBLE medical advice! You should not have had your dose increased unless you failed to ovulate on 2.5. YES it can absolutely impact your blue sway negatively and worse than that, it can drastically up your chances of higher order multiples - not just twins, but triplets or even more. If you ovulated on 2.5, there is absolutely NO reason (even with unexplained fertility) to up you to 5 mg, especially not after one month. AND, worse still, it very well may make it LESS likely for you to conceive because too much letrozole, more than you need (since you ovulated on 2.5) can dry up your CM and negatively affect your uterine lining. Unless they know something I don't, there is absolutely no reason, zero, none whatsoever, for you to have increased your dose in ONE MONTH if you ovulated!!!

So, my advice is to stick with 2.5. They don't need to know, they can't tell from blood tests or ultrasounds or anything. Just take half the dose and you can save the rest for another time or pass it along to a friend who needs it but can't get it.

All this is the reason I'm willing to help you guys use these medications - the doctors themselves are handing them out irresponsibly! This type of thing happens all the time!

What prenatal are you taking?? Some of them have things in them that actually hurt chances of conception considerably.

Your Vitamin D intake is fine.

Can you tell me more about the actual attempts?? What are you doing with your attempts, how often is your hubby releasing and why, are you using any jellies or douches for your sway? Did your husband ever have a sperm analysis?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for taking the time I appreciate it. No the doctor didn't up me from 2.5 to 5 mg in one month. I was on 2.5 mg in September and October. I didn’t do the dosage right in October so I really don’t count it. Both months I ovulated but I didn't get pregnant and my test results and everything are perfectly normal. This month November is the first time I have been put on the 5 mg dose. Today I am on CD 4 which is the second day of me taking the 5 mg dose. Meaning so far this cycle I have had 10 mg letrozole all in all: 5 mg yesterday and 5 mg today.

Point 1: I won't continue to take this cycle because I am anxious now so Id rather just stop. Like I said so far this cycle I have taken 5 mg yesterday and 5 mg today. Can I still ttc this month meaning after my period is over and I ovulate can I still DTD, or you think something won't be right with the pregnancy because of stopping letrozole after using it only two days this cycle? This amount I have taken this cycle still would negatively impact my blue sway if I ttc this cycle? Would you rather have me ttc next cycle instead?

Point 2: My prenatals I have been switching between two brands, one of them has:

Siberian Ginseng Extract eq. to
    30 mg
    --
    Peruvian Maca Extract eq. to
    250 mg
    --
    Co-enzyme Q10
    2 mg
    --
    L-Carnitine
    50 mg
    --
    Citrus Bioflavonoids
    10 mg
    --
    L-Arginine
    10 mg
    --
    Lycopene Extract
    1.5 mg
    --
    Pine Bark Extract
    30 mg
    --
    Octacosanol
    3 mg
    --
    Inositol
    40 mg
    --
    L-Glutathione
    2.5 mg
    --
    Vitamin A (2500 IU)
    750 µg RE

Vitamin D3 (as D3 600 IU)
    15 µg

Vitamin E
    30 mg α-TE

Vitamin C
    90 mg

Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
    12 mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
    5 mg

Niacin (Vitamin B2)
    18 mg NE

Vitamin B6
    10 mg

Folacin (Folic Acid)
    400 µg

Vitamin B12
    75 µg

Biotin
    150 µg

Pantothenic Acid
    10 mg

Magnesium
    60 mg

Iron
    6 mg

Zinc
    15 mg

Copper
    1000 µg

Manganese
    0.5 mg

Selenium
    150 µg

Chromium
    50 µg

The other one has
    Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU)
    10 µg

Vitamin E
    4 mg α-TE

Vitamin K
    70 µg

Vitamin C
    70 mg

Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
    3 mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
    2 mg

Niacin (Vitamin B3)
    20 mg NE

Vitamin B6
    10 mg

Folic Acid
    400 µg

Vitamin B12
    6 µg

Biotin
    150 µg

Pantothenic Acid
    6 mg

Magnesium
    150 mg

Iron
    17 mg

Zinc
    15 mg

Copper
    1000 µg

Selenium
    30 µg

Iodine
    150 µg

Betacarotene (Natural Source)
    2mg
    --

Point 3: DH didn't have sperm analysis

Point 4: My attempts are DH releases every 2 to 4 days starting my period, once my ovulation test is positive we DTD three times within the day of the positive ovulation test and the following day.

Point 5: I don’t use douches for my sway, I used Preseed in some of my attempts
    Last edited by Nora Aaron; November 7th, 2022 at 10:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast