Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prenatals and brands

Hey Atomic! I was wondering which prenatal do you recommend for boy sway? Is there a particular brand? I am currently taking naturemade prenatal with fish oil but it has such a strong fishy smell I don't think I can stomach this for much longer. I live in the US and can get anything off Amazon or grocery store so I guess I have should have plenty of options.

this is the naturemade
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 103142.jpg

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just recommend the trusty old Women's One A Day (the orange one). Or Centrum. Both of them are available at most stores and are affordable. The Naturemade one is actually just fine too but I understand the fishiness is a no-go.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks cv12 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the quick response! yay! I am long time lurker and am hoping to get pregnant by the end of the year! the women's one a day contains less folic acid than the average prenatal right? Should I be taking a higher amount of folic acid/folate?

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy to help! Glad you came out of lurkdom!

Many prenatals have the same amount as the Women's One a Day. I like you guys to take extra simply because blue swayers are often drinking green tea, more sodium, and other things that may block folic acid/folate, and also because it's possible that baby boys need a bit more from the jump. That's why I recommend more like 1600-2000 for blue swayers through the first trimester of pregnancy, then you can wean back to the amount in whatever prenatal or vitamin you're on.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, do I need to take any other supplements? I am currently just taking prenatals and on HE diet. I am not sure if other supplements sway heavily or I should just stick to just the HE diet and prenatals.

Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely add in a probiotic. We had good results with that. We also have our blue swayers taking more like 1600-2000 mcg folic acid or folate total, all thru the first trimester and then wean back to the amount in a prenatal.

As for all the other stuff, to be honest if you're eating a well-balanced diet you probably don't need it, but some people also like to add in 100 mcg coq10 daily (wean off at BFP) and 500 mg fish oil or other DHA supplement daily. If you can only find a higher dose, take it every other day instead.

9. Likes cv12 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey thanks for the recommendation! I have another question regarding fertility as well. I've read in other posts about how low fertility tends to sway girl and high fertility sways boy. If that is the case how does one know how "fertile" they are on a scale of more/less fertile? I understand that how fast you conceive isn't completely linked to how fertile you are either so I am just wondering what makes one more or less fertile? Are there any detectable signs? such as having regular periods, healthy diet etc. Because I do know lots of people (around me) who aren't "healthy" (i am defining healthy by diet/lifestyle) but have a lot of boys and seemingly healthy people who struggle to conceive or have girls.

I really appreciate all your responses. All this information is truly interesting as I am on this ttc journey. Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't know. We're talking about changes so small that most people don't ever even notice them, which is why so many people have boys and girls and will swear they did nothing any different. In most cases, nothing at all whatsoever changes, and yet most families do have BG or GB without even trying.

We DO see, with swaying, oftentimes changes where people who had very long and irregular cycles, with faint, light periods, often with no ovulation symptoms, from being too thin, will see their periods come sooner and be more "normal" and they end up getting boys that way. This can be tricky, though, becasue people with PCOS (which is blue-friendly) can also sometimes go from having long irregular cycles to having more regular ones, and getting girls after boys. So it has more to do with one's underlying levels of fertility and the reasons why they have fertility challenges...

PCOS (which is basically too many hormones causing issues) will tend to sway blue, and hypothalamic amenorrhea (low hormone levels causing trouble conceiving and messing up cycle) will tend to sway pink. But we don't want you guys to end up having fertility issues, whether you're swaying pink OR blue, of course! We aim at very small changes that end up swaying your odds to conceive a baby of the gender you're hoping for, without seeing any disruption in your cycles for ANY reason.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have long and irregular cycles (not sure if I even ovulated or not) but I was also very thin. The month I gained a little covid weight I conceived my daughter. Now, at 1 yr postpartum and about 6 months since I have had my period back, my cycle has been VERY regular, right on time every month. I use an ovulation kit to detect ovulation as well and there seems to be a surge every month consistently. So I feel as if my fertility has somewhat improved after having a baby? We are on our 3rd cycle trying this month so *fingers crossed*!

I also am not sure if I have PCOS tendencies or if it's something else. I did have a check up with my OBGYN before conceiving my daughter due to the irregular period issue and they didn't find anything wrong with my hormone levels. So I am not sure what was causing the irregularity in my periods, perhaps being underweight?

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very common - something about the whole process seems to really regulate cycles.

What you are describing does not sound like PCOS. I suspect your irregular cycles were due to being low weight (that often does not show up on testing, whereas PCOS would, and PCOS is more often a case of being overweight) and since you've gained some weight your cycle is nice and regular now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast