Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy moms and periods

How many months pp did your cycles return? And how many cycles till next pregnancy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked myself the same question and seems often boy mums tend to nurse and get pregnant not long after their first PP returns – assume because of overall heightened fertility? hence why I was hoping for my AF to return later as am not ready TTC yet :P
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey i have only 2 boys last time trying. But i got my period back every time about a months after i had stopped breastfeeding. I dont get AF back while BF.
    I got pregnant very easily first or second cycle TTC. With my girls it where 2-3 cycles - not really longer. Last boy it was the first cycle after giving birth 7 Months pp - i stopped breastfeeding at 6 months, because there where a lot of problems.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have my notes in front of me right now but I ~think~ this is right, if I'm off by a month or so, this is still basically the pattern I experienced.

First boy: I went right into having periods with hardly any delay at all, had what seemed to be a period after about 10 weeks (I had PP bleeding for 8 full weeks, then it stopped and I had a period 2 weeks later)

Second boy: Four months had a period, it went away for a few more weeks and I thought I might be pregnant, but then it came back and stayed back (so maybe 6 months it came back for good)

Third boy: I had a period at seven months, it went away again, never came back and I just got pregnant with my 4th son without ever getting another period (they're 22 months apart, but it's too hot to do the math on that, LOL)

4th boy: My period did not come back for a long time. I was nursing both 3rd and 4th boy at this time, which probably explains it, but I was also quite a lot older then. Didn't come back till the 18 month mark.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    I asked myself the same question and seems often boy mums tend to nurse and get pregnant not long after their first PP returns – assume because of overall heightened fertility? hence why I was hoping for my AF to return later as am not ready TTC yet :P
    I actually don't find this to be the case - I find most moms of all boys tend to have longer pauses between kids and to not want to get pregnant too soon after having a baby. I find much closer gaps for moms who have all girls and for them to want to have another baby very quickly after having one.

I think this may be somewhat down to other factors and NOT the point when people's cycles come back, though. (breastfeeding vs. not breastfeeding, dietary differences)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just worried my body’s longer wait to return to fertility means I am more pink friendly right now and should wait several cycles (when they start) before attempts

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I actually don't find this to be the case - I find most moms of all boys tend to have longer pauses between kids and to not want to get pregnant too soon after having a baby. I find much closer gaps for moms who have all girls and for them to want to have another baby very quickly after having one.

I think this may be somewhat down to other factors and NOT the point when people's cycles come back, though. (breastfeeding vs. not breastfeeding, dietary differences)
    I'd prefer that, so like your answer
    I had longer and longer gaps between kids (26 m/ 30m/ 36m), yet still got all girls (nursed them respectively until 12m.o/17m.o/17m.o and still nursing #4 at 17m.o now) ...
    that being said, what I meant was that I've seen lots of boy mums nursing longer, delaying cycles (and often ttc while still nursing), and creating longer gaps maybe? Lots of girl mums I have seen stopped BFing to ttc so like you said, ttc earlier after having their last baby.
    It's probably anecdotal so obviously I take it with a grain of salt still
    Last edited by LMSM; August 8th, 2022 at 07:37 PM.
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    I am just worried my body’s longer wait to return to fertility means I am more pink friendly right now and should wait several cycles (when they start) before attempts

There's no evidence that this is the case at all though. It has very little to do with "fertility" when your cycle comes back, it has to do with what you're eating, how much you're nursing, and your weight/BMI. I think above all else try when it makes sense for your family, as long as it's been at least 12 months since your last birth, better yet 18.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so it’s not how many cycles it’s amount of time since birth? I was hoping to get pregnant in the fall but if 18 months is the magic I will do my best to wait! I don’t want to waste all my hard work on a couple months. Could be when my cycle finally returns anyways . Is it the longer the better? Like 14mo is better than 13 but not as good as 18? Is there a thread with experiences on this or is this observation? Not that I don’t trust you just wanna know WHY !!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    Ok so it’s not how many cycles it’s amount of time since birth? I was hoping to get pregnant in the fall but if 18 months is the magic I will do my best to wait! I don’t want to waste all my hard work on a couple months. Could be when my cycle finally returns anyways . Is it the longer the better? Like 14mo is better than 13 but not as good as 18? Is there a thread with experiences on this or is this observation? Not that I don’t trust you just wanna know WHY !!!

Probably the fact that by 18m you have had more time to recover from last pregnancy/birth and demands of the newborn/infant phase are lessening (not to say a small toddler isn’t demanding lol) ?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast