Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stoping BCP

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if your ovulation is delayed, your period will come late as well. Your luteal phase, the second part of your cycle after ovulation, is about 12-14 days long in most cases, so if your ovulation has come late, your period will come late as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a more thorough explanation in this post about how your period comes late when ovulation is delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Not really. If you ovulate, you will get a period about 10-14 days later, and if you haven't ovulated you will not get a true period.

Now, what can happen is that sometimes women can have something called a breakthrough bleed, which happens in a cycle where you don't ovulate, and your estrogen drops so much that the uterine lining comes off even without ovulation happening. This can seem very much like a period, but it isn't one really.

Sometimes, when people are not ovulating at all, they can mistake breakthrough bleeds for a period, and so they may go on a while thinking they are ovulating but they can't get pregnant. Typically, this would not be a regular cycle, and people might have long and short cycles interspersed, the "flow" might not be like a regular period. It is VERY VERY rare, as in I've only ever seen it happen once, that a person would have a 28 day cycle with a breakthrough bleed happening at the exact time as an "average" cycle. To be honest, I actually have my doubts that this EVER happened, as the doctor told her it was "always happening" but had only ever tested her for ovulation in one month. She was probably ovulating and getting her period regularly and just hadn't that month.

That's the background info - as for your OWN personal situation, I think what you are asking me is "if my period comes on CD 28, and I still haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, does that mean that I will have a month where I don't ovulate and have my period". What will happen, if your ovulation is delayed, is that your luteal phase and period will simply get tacked onto that. So if you ovulate CD 21, for example, then you'd get your period CD 35. If you ovulate late, your period will generally move later too.

A few times - rarely, though not as rare as someone always having a breakthrough bleed on CD 28 - we'll see a person who has delayed ovulation AND a short LP that happen at the same time. So they may ovulate CD 21, but then have a 7 day LP, and get their period CD 28. This doesn't happen very much at all! In most cases when people think this happened to them, they simply missed their positive OPK!

Long story short, the odds are very high that you'll ovulate a bit later than your norm, and then have your normal LP tacked onto that, and get your period late.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    does this mean i have changed my diet i just stop sugar and coffee
    no suppliment yet

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, since you have within the last month stopped birth control, any strangeness in your cycle is probably down to that.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am on BCP for about three years and
    i have read somewhere having BCP produces Progestrone in your body that will affect my blue swaying negatively
    howlong i have to wait to let my body be free of these hormones
    to increase the success of my blue swaying ?!

i use calender and may be my big ovulation day in 30 DEC

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Progesterone doesn't sway blue, first of all. It is a natural part of the menstrual cycle. You have low progesterone in the first part of the cycle, and high progesterone in the second part of the cycle. This is 100% normal and natural and you should not do anything other than just regular swaying to

I like to see my blue swayers wait a cycle coming off the BCP but it's not because of progesterone per se but because disrupted cycles from BCP may sway pink.

You CANNOT ovulate if you have high progesterone. If you ovulate, that means your progesterone is low. So that's a sure sign that the progesterone has "left the building".

I don't understand your question about the calendar.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok
    Do you think only one cycle is enough to reset my harmonies?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people have waited 1-3 months after coming off BCP. As a general rule I think it's best to be off them as long as you can beforehand. But I don't want you guys waiting and waiting for no real reason to try. Often this really backfires on people, either they end up having issues from being on diet too long (in the case of blue swayers this would be excess weight gain) or else they get frustrated and give up the sway after a short time (since they already waited a long time) and end up trying in months that are worse than the ones they skipped. https://atomicsagebrush.substack.com...month/comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12