Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

heavy bleeding periods

hi
    i am a boy swayer and my sister has heavy bleeding periods
    Does this mean her harmons levels is not eongh
    or her Progestrone is too much high ?

comparing to me l have very light perids (no red blood just some brown )and i do not need to wear or put a pad only in the first day
    only bath tissues i she the following day it is only three days long

what is better
    she or m cause she does not like to change her pants every two hours

sorry for my english
    Last edited by coffee; November 17th, 2022 at 05:53 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and my friend has some brown discharge for two days before her period starts

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a little hard to explain because I know English is not your first language, so please ask me questions if you need to.

There are many reasons why periods can be too heavy. If your sister is having that much bleeding, she needs to see a doctor to find out what is going on. This can range from being anemic, taking blood thinners (even things like herb teas or using a lot of spices in the foods can act as blood thinners for some people - I can't even eat fresh garlic on my period or I have heavy bleeding), having diseases that affect the blood's ability to clot, polyps or fibroids, endometriosis, PCOS, being in perimenopause, being overweight or very thin - there are lots of reasons for heavy bleeding. I can't diagnose what is wrong with anyone just on that basis.

If her hormones are off, that is a RESULT of something and not a cause. For example, high progesterone is typically not seen unless someone has cancer or something wrong with their adrenal gland (usually she would have known already she had this situation as it's often obvious at birth). High estrogen is more common and can be caused by lots of different things, but it is by no means the only cause of heavy periods. I seriously doubt your sister has high progesterone, high estrogen may be more common but there are REASONS why that would happen and she needs to get that sorted out.

There is no "better". There's lots of variations on normal, and what your sister is having does not sound normal - she should not be bleeding through pads or tampons that way, that is a sign something is wrong that needs medical attention. But normal can be with both periods that are fairly heavy and last a week, but normal can also be shorter, more like 3 days. Both are normal and so is everything in between

For my whole adult life, I have had short light periods that last about 3-4 days. I got all my boys this way. When I got my daughter, it got even shorter and lighter (about what you describe you're having). We do see a lot of people seeing their period getting lighter when on a girl diet and ~sometimes~ we see a very light period get a little longer when people are swaying blue. BUT we also sometimes see, with blue sways, people who have very heavy periods whose periods get more reasonable with a blue sway diet. This is probably because their period was very heavy because they were anemic, and the multivitamin helped them to get over that and then their period normalized.

What we don't want to see is anyone swaying blue who goes from a normal period to a super heavy one. That can be a sign something is off, usually from the fish oil, but sometimes blue swayers take supplements that I tell them not to (like garlic, turmeric, bromelain, that type of thing) and that can make their period get a lot worse. So if that starts happening, please let me know.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    That is very common and doesn't mean much. If her luteal phase, from ovulation to the period coming is about 14 days, two days of brown discharge is of no concern at all.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post

Does that cause of a high level of testerone
    as she has 3 boys 1 girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it doesn't mean she has high testosterone. Even though the theory is that high T sways blue, it has never been proven in blood tests and the theory doesn't quite add up. It may be part of the gender equation but it isn't all of it. Plus, many women with high testosterone do not ever have spotting before their period, and many women with all boys do not ever have spotting before their period. Many many women with all daughters have many days of spotting before their period comes, and our pink swayers often develop spotting before their period when they're on a sway diet. You just can't tell people's hormone levels from their periods.