Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy sway diet check

Hi,
    I have been swaying blue for about 5 weeks now and we are TTC next month. I just want to check I am doing the right thing in regards to diet as I am reading so many different things and my head is frazzled. I’m UK based so a lot of the things you mention aren’t available here.

Breakfast- weetabix protein with full fat milk and I add a bit of sugar and have pineapple juice.
    Snack - banana/ full fat yoghurt with fruit / cereal bar (I’m unsure which to have any recommendations for UK based ones ?) I found a high protein one but had soy in and read this isn’t good ? Pretzals and chicken bites (small pack high protein)
    Lunch- ham salad sandwich on whole meal and tomateoes, egg sandwiches (confused if eggs are good for boys/girl sway?) jacket potatoe with beans and cheese and boiled eggs. Egg on toast with tomatoes theh usually have some type of fruit
    Snacks - as above
    Dinner- steak , Potatoes, veg, chilli and rice and veg, sausages and mash, chicken fajitas with rice , wraps and cheese sometimes add full fat coleslaw.
    Before bed- yoghurt/ granola or fruit
    Also drinking lemon water - is there any squash I can have ? I used to live on fruit squash drinks.
    Vitamins - vit D, folic acid, omego 3

Exercise - I used to run a lot but I’ve stopped this and changed for weights.

Bit of background I gained a lot of weight after my daughter and lost a stone of the two stone I gained this year. Is this going to effect my sway? I have done the diet for 5 weeks and gained back 2-3 pounds . I wanted to get to a healthier weight then build on the boy diet. I’m usually a snacker and don’t eat often often having just crisps for lunch and I was at my slimiest with my girl as I was running and eating much less as I do find this boy diet hard as I’m naturally a person who doesn’t eat as much but after my girl was born I stopped running and started eating chocolate and snacks and gained a lot of weight after I stopped breastfeeding too! So wanted to lose some and then decided to sway.

In regards to attempts, with my girl we did it 5-6 days in a row and not any other time in the month. Shall we do 2-3 attempts all month then when solid smiley face 2 attempts on the day and one after ?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by Boysway2022; November 6th, 2022 at 05:12 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's impossible for me to keep up to speed on all the different foods around the world. I hope you are able to see the overall theme of what the HE Diet is all about and then apply that to the foods available in your country. If you ever want me to check a particular food just let me know and I can look it up online.

Yes definitely avoid the soy protein if you can. Protein from real foods is much better, and barring that, whey protein is second best.

Re eggs, foods in and of themselves don't sway. I know they say that on some other sites, but if you think about it, it makes no sense. Everyone out there who has boys and girls is eating all sorts of things, not avoiding this food or that food completely, yet they still get boys and girls. Eggs are absolutely great for blue, because they are nutritious, have some protein, and aren't crazy high in fat. I like to see you guys eating eggs every day for boys, particularly if you're vegetarian. Pink swayers eat about 4-6 eggs a week. So eggs can be part of a diet for both pink and blue because the diets are very different all together.

Squash is often artificially sweetened or has a lot of sugar added. I'd rather see you have something that's 100% fruit juice or even just skip that all together because if you have extra weight, you do not

Are you not taking prenatals at all?? What is your husband taking?

You need to simply hold steady. Do not gain any more weight. Do whatever it takes - including cutting back on some of the more carby things you're eating - to stay at that weight while changing your diet in a more blue-friendly way. No crisps, limit potatoes and rice to the smallest serving you can (still have it because you need the protein plus carbs, but just stick to one serving - and serving size is often smaller than people realize), no juice/dried fruit, just focus on healthy fat, protein, and fresh fruit and veg.

Attempts - your husband should be "cleaning the pipes" either on his own or with you, every 2-4 days thru the whole cycle. Just having 2-3 rounds of sex in the off time are not enough. He needs to maximize his sperm count and in order for that he needs to be releasing regularly.

At first "peak" solid smiley have 1-2 attempts that day, 1-2 attempts the next day, one the day after to guard against delayed O, and then every other day a few times to be sure you are in with a good attempt if you ovulate later.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply!
    I’ve just read my weetabix has extra protein but says plant based. Should I avoid this ? I was trying to get extra protein in and it has 12g protein vs 4g in the regular weetabix. I’m around 10 stone now and 5’1. With my girl I was under 9 stone so I have gained quite a bit but not down to swaying just eating rubbish and nkt exercising as not mjxh time haha ! Not taking any prenatal I read about pregacare. Not being great and the one you suggest we don’t have in the UK so unsure what to take. My husband isn’t taking anything expect an all round multi vitamin
    Which he’s taken for years what would you suggest ? Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked up the Weetabix protein and it's got protein from gluten in it. That's totally fine for your sway as long as you are not sensitive to gluten.

Can you find Centrum in the UK? Centrum for women for you, and Centrum for men over 50 for him are fairly close analogs to the One a Day and that's what most of my UK swayers use.

What is the multi your husband is on?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I’ve found it online - is this good for blue sway? It has quite a
    Lot of b6 which I thought swayed pink? I took b6 daily when TTC as I had a short luthal stage (8-9 days max) so was going to take b6 in my
    2 week wait ? It’s just a supermarket brand a-z multivitamin-are you suggesting the mens one for him? Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, can you send me a direct link to the one you're looking at?? The normal Centrum Women's only has just slightly more than 100 percent of B6. But sometimes things are sold under different names/amounts than what I am used to, and so if you're looking at a different formulation than the norm

Centrum is just a good all around vitamin without any added herbs. If you can find another product that has about 100% of the vitamins and minerals without a bunch of herbs in it, it's likely fine and I'm happy to check them for you.

Please don't take B6 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. That's very disruptive to your cycle. If your LP isn't short now there is no reason to take it beyond the amount in whatever prenatal you're taking. (honestly, it only works for a small minority of people anyway - most people who try B6 end up with not only a short LP, but also a very delayed ovulation)

That having been said, we no longer think B6 is helpful to pink. I personally got a boy while taking it for my sway, so did several other people. At the same time I concluded it swayed blue, another large swaying site also dropped it saying it was causing sway opposites. So I would not consider it sways pink at all, the real issue is that it messes up people's cycles considerably. (In fact, I can often tell what type of prenatal people are taking because their cycles go crazy, and the only difference with it is that it has a high dose of B6!)

As long as the supplement your husband is taking has about 100% of the recommended value and doesn't include a lot of herbs, that's great.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    D3353190-6DBC-4707-B600-F405E93E9584.jpeg

This is the womens one I can see is this Ok?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that one is fine. The one I have has 125% B6, so about the same. That is NOTHING compared to the massive doses some people are taking (instead of 2 mg, they are taking 100 or even 150 mg) so that is actually not that much B6.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve just looked at what I took.. it was 100mg!! Madness. Thanks for
    Your help I will get it tomorrow ! It won’t
    Let me upload the picture of my husband’s multivitamin
    But it does say plant based so wondering if this isn’t good! Which ingredients are the things he needs to avoid ? are there any vitiate
    That are good for him to take ? Also my LP is short it’s max 8 days once I had 9 but never get
    More so is there a way of increasing without b6? I used b6 previously and it increased to 13 days and previous to that I had miscarriages. Not sure if linked .
    Last edited by Boysway2022; November 8th, 2022 at 04:27 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At that point it is no longer a vitamin, it's a medication and should be treated as such.

Have you ever pursued your short LP with your doctor?? It's very unusual to have such a short LP constantly, unless you have an underlying issue going on like PCOS, or if you are very thin. Are you or were you very thin when you were having this issue in the past, or on a very low fat diet, or vegan?? And how are you determining ovulation? Rather than just "band aiding" the problem with B6, which doesn't work reliably and can really delay ovulation as well, we need to figure out what is happening beneath the surface to fix that. Because if you do have severe, untreated PCOS, gaining weight for a blue sway can exacerbate that.

How many miscarriages and what was the gestation?? That can help us determine if they were caused by the short LP (more that it was a contributing factor, not necessarily the cause) or if they were unrelated. On paper, 8 day LP should be enough to conceive with, and both PCOS and being too thin can cause poor egg quality and miscarriages that are coincidental to the short LP. For a long time doctors assumed that short LP was the sole cause of losses but that's actually not the case necessarily - tho I agree 8 day LP is quite short and we'd prefer to see it get a bit longer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast