Thread: short cycles

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

short cycles

i am a boy sway this morning i get happy face on Positive ovulation test at CD11
    i shocked i usually ovulated at CD13-14
    is it normal to ovulate at cd 11?(iam 37 if that matters)
    and what is the factor that detemins the length of womaen periods
    as some of them less than 28 and the others are 28+ days ?
    Last edited by coffee; November 24th, 2022 at 02:13 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i forget to say
    this is my ovulation day and i will TTC next month
    this month i dot have any ewcm
    what i have to take to get ewcm naturally
    i do not like green tea as i avoid all caffaine
    Last edited by coffee; November 23rd, 2022 at 07:22 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you mean short cycle, not period. The period is the actual bleeding time, the cycle is the entire cycle.

This is the surge, not ovulation. You will ovulate in 1-2 days from now, and CD 12-13 is totally normal to ovulate. It actually is possible to ovulate on CD 11 (it's uncommon but certainly not rare) but that's not what is happening and I wouldn't be surprised if you still don't ovulate till CD 13.

There are many reasons why women have the length of cycles they do - and many things that are unknown. I wrote about a lot of these things in the other thread with your sister and your friend, but longer than normal cycles can be caused by PCOS, losing too much weight/eating too little/exercising too much, breastfeeding, illness, stress, any of those things.

If your ovulation is a little early but still in normal range, it just means your body was able to get the hormones ready more quickly, and the egg itself was probably quicker to respond to the hormones. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Many healthy babies are conceived with ovulation on CD 11/12 range. Rarely, women who are in the range of menopause might start to notice very fast ovulation - earlier than CD 10 (this is NOT what is happening to you, your ovulation is in normal range) but that's because their hormones are changing dramatically and everything gets screwy. Those very early eggs are usually not viable and people don't get pregnant with them. Again, let me say that's not what is happening to you! I have only seen that happen a couple times on this site in 12 years, and only in women over 40. Many people worry about this situation but it doesn't appear to be happening very often at all.

And finally, there is also a situation where a woman can ovulate as normal and then have a short luteal phase - the time between ovulation and her period arriving. This can sometimes make a person's cycle shorter, even though her ovulation comes at the same time. This can be caused by lots of different things too - exactly the same things that cause a delayed ovulation. Sometimes people get a delayed O, sometimes they get a short LP, sometimes they get both at the same time. It just depends on their own individual body and what is going on with them. For example, when breastfeeding it's a little more common to have only a short LP, when people lose a lot of weight it's a little more common to have a delayed ovulation, with PCOS, people often get both a short LP and a delayed O - but all different combinations are possible with all these things.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    i forget to say
    this is my ovulation day and i will TTC next month
    this month i dot have any ewcm
    what i have to take to get ewcm naturally
    i do not like green tea as i avoid all caffaine
    Another possibility is that maybe this is a false positive on the OPK. That does happen sometimes. So if you're not seeing any signs of O and yet you are having a positive OPK, keep testing and you may find that you're actually not ovulating yet, and you'll have another surge and ovulate at that point in time instead. It happens a fair amount.

Green tea isn't a reliable way to make more CM anyway. While I do think green tea helps blue sways, it's not because it always makes more CM. Guaifenesin is a good way to make more CM, but if you want a non-medication method you can try grapefruit juice, any citrus juice really can help, and just drinking more fluids overall.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok thank you

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    next moring (today )cd 12,Positive ovulation test clear blue is negative and i have heavy thick white dicharge does that mean the egg droped?!

is it normal for happy face to stay just one day
    is that because i am off birth control pill (BCP) for the second cycle ?!
    Last edited by coffee; November 24th, 2022 at 02:15 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    today cd13 it is negative

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't tell you when you ovulated in relation to when the test went negative. The test going negative can happen before or after ovulation and they're not directly linked the way people assume. The texture of your CM also doesn't pin down when ovulation happened to the day. The hormone detected by the OPK is separate from ovulation - even though it triggers ovulation to happen, then your body will clear out the hormone and that can take a couple of days, or happen quickly. Your ovaries ovulate on their own timeline regardless of how fast or slow your body clears the hormone, so you can still be getting positive tests even after ovulation, and also can have the test go negative before ovulation has happened. OPK are not that great, but they're the only thing we have that helps.

Yes, depending on the type of Clearblue you have, the solid smiley can stay just one day. Has nothing to do with you being off birth control, it can happen even when people aren't on birth control.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    today cd13 it is negative
    You will have ovulated about 24-36 hours average after your FIRST positive OPK regardless of when the test goes negative.