Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13 week scan

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply. I kept seeing 3 lines when the baby was on the side so it was a side view what could this be ? The tech kept saying the baby was moving a lot and was hard to do some pictures and measurements she kept commenting on active the baby was so I’m praying! I know from when I conceived the baby would only be 12w 4 or 12w5 as before this we used protection so think the baby is measuring bigger- would this change the accuracy of the nub theory eg more chance to rise as it wasn’t as far gone as maybe the measurements said ?

I’m holding on to hope but my gut is girl xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can’t see nub in your picture!you can in mine I was wondering if it was the nub it appears it definitely is the nub!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely get an NIPT if you can to put your mind at ease!!! I know the feeling. It was mentally ready good for me though. Made my faith in God’s plan stronger. But it was hard to come to terms bc I was SURE it was a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like I’m getting a bit obsessed and I said I wouldn’t be like this ! I think its because I tHooght I saw girl stuff on the scan and the nub to me looks such a clear girl! I didn’t go to the 12 week scan thinking I’d see anything but they had a screen right next to us and I’m so sure it’s a girl. I’m uk based they so early gender scans at 15/16 weeks so I may have to do this as I can’t cope 😂I think I’d be better once I know for sure. I just can’t decide what the 3
    Lines were the legs they were big as well and it was from a side view ! They were 3 Straight lines constantly inbetween the legs when she went down to measure the legs! It was side view and also I think from the top (not potty shot )

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you saw could have been the arm bone. I have on many occasions seen ultrasounds where people were convinced they had a flat nub but it was on the baby's side and it was the arm bone. I can't know for sure what you saw, but that's just something I've seen people get tricked by. It just depends on what the tech was focused on.

Yes, if you're earlier on, then it would make it more possible for the nub to rise. But again I've seen nubs rise even at the end of the 13th week on pictures far clearer than this one.

Like I said, it is flat but it's far from a done deal at this stage. Definitely guard your heart but don't despair or mourn because you're not out yet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! The screen was next me and she kept going down near the legs and saying the baby is really active- it was at this point me and my husband saw some lines but the lines were really big and away from the body so I don’t know ? Thanks for your insight I feel like I’m driving myself mad �� also is the nub on my picture the fork type thing ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Golly, I can't believe they guessed based on your pics - the baby is moving in those so it's all so blurry! Hoping for you that you get clarity soon, one way or another - and FX that it is a boy in there for you

TFC - they guessed girl (or any gender for that matter) on that pic??? that is ludicrous!!! There is no nub on there at all...what people will do to "sell" their "expertise... so glad they were wrong ^^
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The tech said the baby was in really difficult positions to get readings because moving so much! I’ve felt this baby move since 11 weeks which seems
    Bonkers to me but she confirmed at the scan when I said I felt it that it was where baby was kicking 😂 I wish I just asked the tech now nkt obviously the main point of 12 weeks can is about the health of the baby and so thankful everything seems fine thag was my priority of course ! Then I’m now obsessing over a scan haha is the fork type thing the nub? That’s what I think!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember feeling dd1 10 years ago - and it felt like bubbles popping/ butterflies and sure enough it got stronger - and correlated with babys movement it started at barely 10 weeks with her … not all women feel things that early so it’s not common knowledge I guess !

Yes I think the nub is the fork like lines - I’ve underlined in purple .. but because bub is moving it’d be hard to know bubs actual position relative to spine etc ( if baby is a bit twisted as they move) so you’re not out
    7DCF2560-5288-4D4E-8AD7-5B99048F0265.jpeg
    Last edited by LMSM; March 6th, 2023 at 04:26 AM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for responding and helping my crazy self ! I will
    Keep you posted on my journey but ever so grateful for your time! What a lovely group you have here!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast