Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Flax seed and nettle tea mishap

Hello!

I successfully swayed for a girl in 2019 and now am back trying to sway for a boy.

We plan to try to conceive starting next month, so in about 4ish weeks. I have a few big concerns:

I am a huge coffee drinker (like a pot a day by myself - I needed to cut back anyways for my health!). I cut back to one cup a day a few days ago. On top of that, I usually drink a cup or two of nettle tea a day—which I just read sways heavily girl. My husband makes us smoothies everyday and puts flax seed in it- after some research today I just realized how dangerous this is for someone trying to conceive for the baby as well as bad for a blue sway. My plan is to replace coffee and the nettle tea with black tea and drop the flax seed completely. BUT these 3 things I have been doing for years now. Is 4 weeks enough time to rebalance my body or will these things hurt my boy sway at this point no matter what??

In a perfect world, I would wait a few months to try. But my mom has terminal cancer, and well if there is any chance of her meeting this child, we need to conceive ASAP unfortunately. Time is not on our side.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by 3littleguppies; June 20th, 2023 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im wishing you the best of luck for your perfect boy! I am also so sorry about your mom I can't imagine how you are feeling!

I don't know about your question but I thought I would let you know what I think helped me. You don't talk about anything else so you may be already but I just thought I would try help you!

I made sure to eat breakfast as soon as i could when i got up things like oatmeal. I also made sure to never be hungry snacking every 3 hours our more even if it was some nuts, granola bar fruit. I tried to eat enough protein each day. And a snack before bed.

best of luck )
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We honestly can't say, but what I DO know is that making positive changes does have some effect! For all we know you will conceive not this month but next or even the following month and you'll have plenty of time with the changes you've made at that point.

None of these things are at all magic bullets. When we talk about swaying, we want to maximize our odds of course but even under ideal circumstances (where someone was doing nothing to sway blue, and everything to sway pink) we still get 1/3-1/4 opposites. You're doing a LOT to sway blue aside from these things! So please just set that aside and go for it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! Your tips and kind words are much appreciated!

How long did you make sure to adopt those habits before trying for your boy last time? My husband and I went back and forth for a while if, with everything going on, we even wanted to try. Because of everything going on, I haven’t been nearly on top of my sway diet as I’d have liked. When I’ve remembered, I’ve been grabbing a handful of almonds for breakfast so hopefully even just that little bit helps.

I wish you all the best with your own journey!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!

I’ll just make the necessary changes and hope my next cycle goes a little longer so I can stretch that 4 weeks into 5/6 weeks before our first attempt.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oof, I have another question for you atomic- I wasn’t sure if I should just continue on this thread or start a new one but figure I’d stick to this one first.

Just went in for a dental exam and learned I will need two cavities filled and two wisdom teeth removed. They are able to get me in July 5 and the 11th and potentially one other date as well, but now I’m really thinking I will have to wait until august to try instead of July since I saw on here you said you believe dental work swayed pink. Do you still feel this is true? 3 dental work appointments in the span of a few weeks seems like it’s be bad for a boy away.

As I said, with my mom, I really don’t want to delay trying but between the flax/tea/coffee and now all this dental work, I’m really nervous it’s too many girl friendly things working against me. If we did delay until mid august, would that month be enough time to mitigate any effects - Thoughts?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear all that coming down the pike right when you've got so much on your plate already.

Ideally it's probably best to wait. But we're not in an ideal set of circumstances with your mom's situation. Yes, the medication may sway a tiny bit pink, but you'll be doing a lot of other, blue friendly stuff at the same time. There's never a perfect month, and it may well be that some other thing will come up that would be just as bad and you end up wishing you'd tried in the first place.

Physically, it depends on how badly it affects you. I had a root canal/crown and a tooth extraction all at the same time a couple years back and it really knocked me off my feet. That having been said, my son went and had all four of his wisdom teeth removed and was back at work the next day! So why not play it somewhat by ear and see how badly off you are? If you're feeling good, and have recovered quickly, you can decide to try, and if it's really taken it out of you then you may want to wait.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic for the good info- ya know the saying, when it rains it sure does pour.

I really think i need to wait now until late August unfortunately. Yesterday, we had an issue with a condom, I was due to ovulate any day and needless to say I do NOT want to get pregnant this month with all the heavy pink sway factors. So, in a moment of panic, I took a plan B last night.

Just doing a quick search on this website it seems to be - birth control pill sways pink for a month or two (at least) after getting it off it, doesn’t seem to be any data on plan B itself but since it acts as high dose birth control I assume it’s very much the same effect. There’s no way I feel comfortable swaying in July now, and my last question is — should we not try in august either? Right now I’d be due to ovulate around August 24 which is about 2 months, or a cycle and a half from taking the plan B. Now that’s if the plan B doesn’t totally mess with my cycle.

Honestly I’m just so frustrated with myself and the circumstances. As you know time is not on our side with my mom, but at the same time this is definitely our last baby and I want it to be the best sway it can possibly be. The only reason we are really pushing for a 4th baby during this crazy time is for a brother. I would love our daughter equally of course but a girl pregnancy would not be worth this stress at this time. Because of that risk, July is definitely out for me now. Should I cut August out as well and try in September? But then I am really pushing my luck time wise with my mom.

Oh it’s never easy is it!! I REALLY appreciate all of your help atomic. Thank you for your continual time and effort. I may also purchase the personalized plan if that’s an option just so I can feel somewhat more in control of all this!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi it seems you have things under control. Good luck on your blue sway. Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope she is comfortable despite her illness.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go ahead and try in August. I don't have any data to say definitively what is best, but I see a strong trend in my blue swayers where they postpone their sways repeatedly and 9 times out of 10 end up getting accidentally pregnant in basically the worst month of all, having skipped many great months for some reason or another. I'd go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast