Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

girl swayers, what are you eating?? am i accidently swaying blue?

so ive been tracking my food on fitday, and was at around 1100 calories, However, 61 grams of protien and 41 grams of fat. here is what i ate...basically a slice of ezekiel low sodium bread with swiss cheese for lunch and dinner, about 1/4 of a chicken breast, strawberries, yogurt, some skim milk and almonds.
    Is this too healthy? what are you guys eating, and how do you get enough calories without overloading on protien?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why most of us go vegetarian - a little meat doesn't have much in terms of calories but puts you over on protein meaning you basically can't eat anything for the rest of the day! Was there much protein in the almonds? I probably wouldn't eat them either, because of the protein and also the healthiness of them. I expect the yogurt and dairy had lots of protein too?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

Janie,

I can't pretend that my diet is perfect as I am not getting enough calories - am going quite hardcore as I will only try it for a short time. So for me - no nuts or meat. I'm basically living off low salt cheese over grilled sliced mushrooms, low salt bread, rice, peeled courgettes grated into pasta with a little parmesan and olive oil, home-made aubergine dip, low sodium rice cakes and strawberries and white grapes.

Hope this helps!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I avoided all meat and most dairy because I found they used up my protein allowance too quickly. I got most of my protein from grain products - pasta, rice and the occasional bread product.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had dairy for awhile but just 1 yogurt a day until I ran out several days before O. With protein I stuck to what was in pasta and maybe 1-3 bits of meat at dinner. I did eat 1-2cps of veggies a day but mostly skinless cucumber or eggplant. Because of my vitamin absorbsion issue I did eat about 6-8 baby carrots a day. To help with bad snacks in between meals I would sometime eat 1-2 sugar snap peas and a big glass of water. Instead of bread I ate Melba Toast or Rice but in moderation. For a short time I ate 1 egg in saltfree white bread but had to watch the amount of protein for the rest of the day.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Hi

Janie,

I can't pretend that my diet is perfect as I am not getting enough calories - am going quite hardcore as I will only try it for a short time. So for me - no nuts or meat. I'm basically living off low salt cheese over grilled sliced mushrooms, low salt bread, rice, peeled courgettes grated into pasta with a little parmesan and olive oil, home-made aubergine dip, low sodium rice cakes and strawberries and white grapes.

Hope this helps!
    Emily - low carb vegetables like courgette (aka zucchini), mushroom, and aubergine (eggplant) are all free foods on LE Diet...you can have as much as you want really, altho you do need to count cals in any sauces or cooking fats you use. So you probably can eat a lot more than you are.

I really don't like people to cut back too drastically for a number of reasons...more about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tml#post197754

We've been having quite good results without starving ourselves...you don't need to follow a starvation diet to conceive a baby girl!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure if this should be under eating but what about water? I consume a lot of water especially since I am breastfeeding. It that ok for swaying pink and if so should I drink dasani or Evian? Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    so ive been tracking my food on fitday, and was at around 1100 calories, However, 61 grams of protien and 41 grams of fat. here is what i ate...basically a slice of ezekiel low sodium bread with swiss cheese for lunch and dinner, about 1/4 of a chicken breast, strawberries, yogurt, some skim milk and almonds.
    Is this too healthy? what are you guys eating, and how do you get enough calories without overloading on protien?
    The guidelines for LE Diet are 1500-1800 cals (you can drop down to 1200 but no lower if you are very petite or have a lot of weight to lose), 40-50 g protein (people with PCOS or insulin resistance, can increase to 50-60 g) and 20-30% of your day's cals from fat which works out to be about 25-60 grams depending on how much you're eating.

So yeah, unless you have PCOS or IR, I would try to cut back on protein and increase cals. Your fat level is just dandy but I also think you may not be getting enough potassium (2500-3500 mg a day for your health)

If you are doing the FGD/IGD for a girl, then your diet is fine, they don't have you limit calories or protein on those. You still need more potassium though!!! You can die without enough potassium.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower3 View Post
    I am not sure if this should be under eating but what about water? I consume a lot of water especially since I am breastfeeding. It that ok for swaying pink and if so should I drink dasani or Evian? Thanks.
    Water is fine for pink! Here's the Water essay that discusses all the different waters in depth. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

EVeryone should be aware that it is possible to drink TOO much water and screw your electrolyte balance up, and people have even died of this. It may be more of an issue for pink swayers because you're already eating less sodium and often potassium, so please be sane about water intake!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    That's why most of us go vegetarian - a little meat doesn't have much in terms of calories but puts you over on protein meaning you basically can't eat anything for the rest of the day! Was there much protein in the almonds? I probably wouldn't eat them either, because of the protein and also the healthiness of them. I expect the yogurt and dairy had lots of protein too?
    Exactly, thanks so much Zana!

There are no forbidden foods on the LE Diet, but some foods make it a lot more difficult to stick to the diet than others. High protein, low cal foods like chicken breast are not always the best way to "spend" your protein for the day, because you end up getting all your protein quickly and then have consumed only a few hundred calories. That leaves you with not much to eat the rest of the day aside from fruits and veg and sweets, because dairy and grains have protein in them.