Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those attempting O+12 for their girl

i found this today and thought you might want to read as well..may explain whey some women don't get pregnant on O+12 for a while.

The fertile window explained: A man’s sperm can live for up to five days inside a woman’s reproductive tract. A woman’s egg only lives for about 12 hours after it is released. This means that a woman’s egg needs to be fertilized within this 12-hour time frame. Furthermore, freshly ejaculated sperm are not able to fertilize a woman’s egg. It takes time for a process known as capacitation to occur. Capacitation is series of changes that sperm go through once they are inside a woman’s reproductive tract that make sperm more mobile and allow them to penetrate the egg. It can take up to 10 hours for a man’s sperm to complete the capacitation process and be able to fertilize a woman’s egg. This is why the five days before ovulation are so important. Once ovulation takes place, sperm have a very brief window of time to fertilize the egg. Having mature sperm (sperm that have gone through the capacitation process already) ready for the waiting egg is the key to successful conception.
    TTC in 2016

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THAT is Soo interesting HappyMedium, I never heard of that sperm process! wOw the miracle of conception is such a fascinating process!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is interesting about that is that we only dtd one time about 2 hours after when I think I O'd. (timing was not my choice - the only chance we had) So if it took the sperm 10 hours to capacitate that means my egg would have been fertilized at O+12.
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dtd only once after o it was about 6 or 8 hrs after and dh sperm count would of been very low and i got preg!! only dtd the once!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing!!

Plus, it also takes a certain amount of time even for capacitated sperm to swim/be carried by currents in uterine and tubal fluids to the egg. Sperm don't actually swim most of the way to the egg, they're carried along and they don't get there immediately, it takes time. When we sway we may dry up some of that fluid and make the process take even longer.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    THAT is Soo interesting HappyMedium, I never heard of that sperm process! wOw the miracle of conception is such a fascinating process!
    Really??? You hadn't read about capacitation before on here? I need to try harder.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Really??? You hadn't read about capacitation before on here? I need to try harder.
    No, I was dumbfounded when I read that! And no, you do enough! LOL
    So I want to go through my Vitex Journey and put my sway together for #2 but I'm hesitant to wait till week 12! I remember though that I did the RepHresh and then BD 8 hours later.. I think that was my conception.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I read about it here in one of your essays! It is what Dr. Shettles was ACTUALLY looking at when he THOUGHT he was seeing the difference between male and female sperm! I'm paying attention. LOL. I think if you're making a list of cool chicks who pay attention to you, you're going to need to put my name on top of Butterfly's now. Just saying. LOL.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadinMom View Post
    I read about it here in one of your essays! It is what Dr. Shettles was ACTUALLY looking at when he THOUGHT he was seeing the difference between male and female sperm! I'm paying attention. LOL. I think if you're making a list of cool chicks who pay attention to you, you're going to need to put my name on top of Butterfly's now. Just saying. LOL.
    OoOo YA! That's a BIG One!~ It rocked my belief in Dr. Shettles to the core! That's where timing doesn't matter.. they need that special dye under a microscope to distinguish them.

Okay wait, I learned that they have to be mature sperm to fertilize..BUT I thought capatication was a process that they undergo once they enter the vagina? HELP! LOL
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; June 23rd, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast