Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone heard of Dr. Jonas Method?

Just came across this site today, and he says his gender selection method is 97.7% effective... Has anyone looked into this?

DR JONAS METHOD - GENDER SELECTION - BOY OR GIRL

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Sosapop
    yes, I have looked into it - it is based on moon phases, and depends on what moon phase you are at when you ovulate (boy sign, or girl sign). Alot of people believe in it, and lots don't. I really dont know whether its effective or not? But i fell pregnant this month by chance my Lunar ovulation and mid-cycle ovulation coincided (you are meant to be very fertile at this time). Who knows whether theres anything in it or not........ There is a website called Astro.com and they have free charts online that you can find out boy/girl lunar times and its free. I'm interested too to see if anyone else know anything about this.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have heard of it and looked into it thoroughly and there is nothing to it whatsoever. Not based on science, in fact is not even compatible with basic biology, and Dr. Jonas is considered a quack by reputable doctors and scientists.

http://www.scienceandreason.ca/pseud...ntrol/#more-75

http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/jonas.html
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 23rd, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "It really explains how we get fraternal twins with different conception days," Pierson said. "Clinically, we see this all the time. We see women come in with twins and when we do an ultrasound we see one is at one 10 weeks development and another at seven."

That last paragraph is crazy, wOw!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Been reading all sorts of things relating to this Dr. Jonas and Lunar/Astro sites, nothing too positive about Jonas! Plus I don't think I need anything else to confuse me. If I try in August all I know is that I need to shoot for ovulating on the 17th for a new moon.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    "It really explains how we get fraternal twins with different conception days," Pierson said. "Clinically, we see this all the time. We see women come in with twins and when we do an ultrasound we see one is at one 10 weeks development and another at seven."

That last paragraph is crazy, wOw!
    I've read the Pierson study and spoken with Dr. Potter about it, and the fact is that even ~if~ (contrary to all other studies and biological research) women are able to keep releasing eggs at various times in the cycle, the eggs can only implant for a very limited window of time. Otherwise, natural family planning would not work and yet it works better than 90% of the time (and when it doesn't, it's usually because of human error.) It simply cannot be true that we are all popping out eggs on all these different days because otherwise, NFP would not work.

It is VERY common for twins to appear to be different developmental stages because multiple pregnancies can be very different due to differences in the placentas of the twins and where and how they implanted. Placental problems are very common in multiple pregnancies and the twins actually can receive drastically different levels of nutrients and even oxygen, which obviously affects their rates of growth significantly.

There have been a few very rare cases of twins that ~may~ have been conceived days apart, but it's so rare that they don't even have statistics on it and it's likely that in these cases, something was awry with the woman's body and hormones that allowed it to happen. It's certainly not something that any of us should rely upon. When an egg is released your body releases hormones that stop the development of other eggs and prevent them from being released. The incredibly rare twins who were conceived almost a week apart | Mail Online
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post