Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ugh...how to get "not real" sway stuff out of your head (IG stuff)

I am totally not against IG swaying, we were planning on doing it until I found this website. But some of the things that I read over there about moon signs and biorhythms are sooooo hard to get out of my head!! Especially when both of my boys seem to "follow" moon signs (hardly a pattern, with just two of them). I feel like it would be just one more measure of good karma to conceive in a girly moon sign. But I am ovulating tomorrow (my first OPK was positive at 3pm today) and the moon sign is boy until 6:30 tomorrow evening. I feel like it is taking up too much space in my head. Maybe because our sway was only so-so in strength and it's all I could really do anyway. I guess I'll just try to stop with the concern...it's not good to obsess! Lol. But I had to throw that out there.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How do you find out about moon signs?
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few ladies on here that still do moon signs, ions, and other stuff. It can't hurt right? I know how you feel, like if you ended up hearing gender opposite, you'd have to blame yourself for deciding to paint your toenails on O day. I think you just have to sort through what YOU feel strongly about...but to be honest I think diet is the biggest factor of them all. GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeMenAndALAdy View Post
    How do you find out about moon signs?
    It's big on the IG website. You can google it too. It's basically based on the rapidly cycling signs of the moon. For instance, the moon was in aquarius (male sign) from early Tuesday until 6:30pm tonight (for my time zone) and then it changes to Pisces (female sign) and stays until just after midnight, early Sunday morning. Supposedly if conception happens at 4pm today, my baby will be a boy. If it happens at 7pm tonight, it will be a girl. Not sure I believe it, but it's like that darn Chinese calendar....bugs the brain even though it's science is totally flawed. Lol.
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's really hard. I think the most helpful thing would be for me to write an essay about Jonas, moon signs, biorhythms, where they came from, and why they aren't real (just like I did with the timing, ph, and so on) but I haven't had the time unfortunately and there is still so much ground for me to cover regarding legitimate things that could possibly sway that I haven't set aside the tiem for things taht I know for a fact don't sway. That puts you guys into the position of having to accept on faith that I looked into these things seriously (which I did, I haven't dismissed anything without investigation, and I even believe in astrology to some extent) and have discounted them. So it's my shortcoming and not yours, but just know that I really really really don't think there's anything to them at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    It's big on the IG website. You can google it too. It's basically based on the rapidly cycling signs of the moon. For instance, the moon was in aquarius (male sign) from early Tuesday until 6:30pm tonight (for my time zone) and then it changes to Pisces (female sign) and stays until just after midnight, early Sunday morning. Supposedly if conception happens at 4pm today, my baby will be a boy. If it happens at 7pm tonight, it will be a girl. Not sure I believe it, but it's like that darn Chinese calendar....bugs the brain even though it's science is totally flawed. Lol.
    I know you "know" this already but does it really make sense that something as arbitrary as the time of day your child was conceived, by difference of three hours, could aid in human survival in any way?? If you don't have enough nutrients to sustain a boy pg at 7 pm, you won't have enough at 4 pm either! If swaying works, it's not because of magic, it's because biologically there is some advantage to it, KWIM??

Re gender calendar, someone said something that I thought was SO SMART and I'm so sorry I can't remember who it was! But with the big boy pref. in China and the one child policy, if there was anything at all to the Chinese Gender Calendar would they not be having loads of boys and hardly any girls there at all? Why would they be having gender-abortions and giving baby girls up for adoption if they had access to their ancient Chinese wisdom that could predict a baby's gender like that???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    There are a few ladies on here that still do moon signs, ions, and other stuff. It can't hurt right? I know how you feel, like if you ended up hearing gender opposite, you'd have to blame yourself for deciding to paint your toenails on O day. I think you just have to sort through what YOU feel strongly about...but to be honest I think diet is the biggest factor of them all. GL!
    The problem is that I think it can hurt - we lose sight of it a bit on here simply because we don't indulge it, but people get REALLY upset and stressed over these things. I mean BADLY upset. They don't try in certain months, people go off of and onto birth control pills to try and move their O day into the right moon phase and they drop tactics that actually sway to ensure that they get pg in a month where biorhythms and moon phases are in alignment. On IG there are tons of very upset posts over these things and people end up affecting their T levels negatively. Blue swayers end up feeling doomed and defeated if their moon phase isn't right and pink swayers get all control-freaky and swaycessed checking thousands of charts/calendars trying to find ones that line up right...for nothing because these things don't even sway.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree that these things are so completely arbitrary. And I wish I could delete that memory bank area from my brain (ah, if only it were that easy!). I have not allowed it to put any stock into when we try or how we try. But it's so hard to just forget it all. With all the millions of Chinese gender charts out there, I have managed to delete that aspect from my brain. Clearly they all claim to be right. Even with my two boys, only one of them was "right" both times and I count that as pure dumb luck. All the others had one wrong...or both! And it's a great point about the Chinese folks and wouldn't they just follow their own chart to have boys!

I think you *might* have a lot on your plate atomic. You know, with a new baby and all....it's certainly not something I would "waste" time on either. I have no doubts at all that you did research into all of this stuff and deemed it irrelevant. I never doubted that. I just wish I hadn't gotten caught up in them in the first place! It takes a lot of mental energy away from the stuff that could actually help. And places it in undeserving places!

I am sure when you have some spare time (like in a few years ) you will address such things. In the meantime, hopefully folks will remember they are just "for fun" and not at all serious in the swaying world.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will just say that my first daughter (not swayed) was conceived new moon, and biorhytyms were girl. my boys full moon biorhytyms boy. my swayed daughter new moon, girl bioryhytms and girl sign....