Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So....what's the deal with no big o?

Just wondering. I think I have read all the articles ( took me a couple weeks!) and I see lots of assumptions debunked with science and lots of speculation as to what does actually work ( as we all know, nothing is 100%). But I don't find much dealing with orgasms.

I am assuming (dangerous work) that TTC girl folks avoid them because it causes more fluid (likely alkaline) to come into the vaginal canal and scoop up the sperm to help them up where they need to be. Thus, increasing fertility. BUT, we cant get pregnant if they aren't up there anyway...and we determined x sperm aren't hardier, they don't live longer, and we likely can't change the ph of where they wait for the egg anyway. And if diet/lifestyle is the prevailing factor (aside from whatever dice-tossing chance is thrown in there), why not assume our bodies know a girl can survive better and enjoy the baby making? Lol.

Am I missing something? Cause I know this baby dancing business is way more fun when big o is around (plus, I have one son I conceived with big o and one without...so it hardly seemed a factor there).
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder about the same!!
    Four of my boys are conceived with big O. If PH etc. is debunked then why not enjoy the bd, diet is hard enough right?
    Maybe it's because less sperm = better chance of a girl and more CM (because of the big o) gets more sperm up there so more chance of a boy?
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesnt it raise testosterone levels i think thats why you should avoid it

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My thinking has come around to where I don't really believe anything you put down there or any changes in timing or o or not o are going to sway. My three boys were all conceived without big O. So I'm thinking maybe I'll actually try to have one this time to see if sways pink for me! lol
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Doesnt it raise testosterone levels i think thats why you should avoid it
    Actually, I think I recall reading something about this. And maybe this is the reason. Although it would stand that if having orgasms raises testosterone, one should not have ANY orgasms when TTC a girl. No matter if they are in a fertile attempt period or just having sex for fun. Which makes sense, but sucks majorly. I think I will politely ignore this aspect of swaying
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree not o ing would make me agitated and more likely raise my t levels so if I need to o I sure as hell will be :-)
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually need an essay on the topic (and several others) but have been limited by time constraints unfortunately!

The idea that orgasms cause sperm to be 'sucked up' has been debunked (altho you can still read it many places on line and I think I even threw out the possibiltiy once or twice, not because I believe it personally but because that's the conventional wisdom).

The reason why people avoid orgasms for swaying, is because it may raise testosterone to have them, and you are quite right that it needs to be for some time in advance of conceiving. That having been said, we've done polls both here and on IG and while there may be a minor trend in the direction that blue mamas may have more O's and more easily as a general rule, plenty of pink mamas are having them too!!

I had one when I conceived DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ