Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My thoughts of why BD AF-O may not be good, any thoughts?does this make sense or no?

Okay so ladies on another board I go to think that BD Af-0 is a good idea, because before lets say around 5 days before O, the male sperm will start dying and by the time you O only the females will be left. My thought is though, by O time the female sperm may be very weak, and a fresh batch of sperm with some males in it, will make it to the egg because they are fresh, and the females are very weak. I know supposably frequent BD/attempts lowers sperm count and there are less males, but IDK. Does this make sense?? Tell me if this sounds ridiculous

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep, that makes sense to me! I think that if you can keep pH very low and be very strict on diet, then it could work and does work, but I think it's only for women that are over 35 and/or have tried cut off or O +12, a combo of both, or frequent bd until a + opk and have not been able to get pregnant.
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mkarntz1980 View Post
    Okay so ladies on another board I go to think that BD Af-0 is a good idea, because before lets say around 5 days before O, the male sperm will start dying and by the time you O only the females will be left. My thought is though, by O time the female sperm may be very weak, and a fresh batch of sperm with some males in it, will make it to the egg because they are fresh, and the females are very weak. I know supposably frequent BD/attempts lowers sperm count and there are less males, but IDK. Does this make sense?? Tell me if this sounds ridiculous
    It does make sense, and that is actually what Shettles believed as well.

My concern is, while we DO KNOW for sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that X sperm are bigger and may be ever-so-slightly slower than Y sperm (but may have an advantage in thick CM) we DON'T honestly know if they live longer than Y. That has not been proven to my satisfaction, and so I have the same fears that you do about BD AF-O, that a fresh batch of sperm at O will give the slightly quicker Y's an unneccesary advantage over X. ALL sperm of either gender wait in the cervical crypts for the egg to arrive and then swim to it, so at O time it really is a race to the egg.

Also, higher numbers of sperm seem to sway blue for reasons we don't really understand so with BD AF-O you may run the risk of inadvertently swaying blue by having too many sperm (of both genders) waiting in the crypts.

But, it WILL help you get pg so if you are doing a lot of things to sway, like spermicide, Acijel, antihistamines, etc. it may be a good option!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question. I think this is what we will be doing to ttc our little girl when the time comes. Good luck

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, if you have a chance I did some more research and wrote an essay about "What are the real differences between X and Y sperm" and you may want to read it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ