Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone with long cycles around 35 days long and O day around CD 20?

Just curious if so, if you are doing anything like vitex or anything to try to O earlier or just leaving it be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have 35 day cycles while on Vitex or is this just your natural cycle length? In my own case, my cycles went from 28 days (O on CD14) in my pre-swaying, pre-Vitex days to 35 or 40 days with O anywhere from CD20-25 while taking Vitex. In other words, Vitex lengthened my cycles and delayed O day for me. I was on Vitex for a solid 6 months - 2 months consecutively and 4 months AF-O. It seemed like I couldn't get pregnant on Vitex though, so I dropped it at the start of last cycle and got pregnant right away! My O day moved from CD 20+ to CD 15. Not sure if this answered your question or not...
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!' camp. It gets so unpredictable when trying to 'fix' your cycle, it's not like tuning a car - our bodies are weird and everyone reacts differently to herbs and supps. It might do the exact opposite of what you want, or mess it up. If you've been o'ing and conceiving just fine, I feel REALLY strongly you should just let it alone.

Besides which, things change over time, and with every pregnancy. I used to have super long cycles, and O'd cd 18-20. Also had very short LP's and spotted a lot before and after AF. Classic signs of prog deficiency/LPD. As I've gotten older I ov closer to CD14-15, shorter AF bleeds, no spotting at ALL. Almost textbook cycles, and I haven't done anything but have a few kids and gotten older.

So yeah, I really think you should just let it alone if you're not having problems! There's nothing wrong with a longer cycle (assuming an adequate luteal phase) that a bit of patience won't fix.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have natural 35 day cycles O day on 20.....i want to try vitex or fertailaid tea or something to make me O earlier

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to chime in- I've always had longer cycles, around 33-35 days and O Day 17/18. But Vitex definitely made my cycles even longer. So maybe for those of us who already have long cycles, Vitex isn't the answer!! I was on it for 6 mos but my cycles got so wonky I finally just dropped it.
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine were really long before getting pregnant. Around 39 days was the last one before I got my BFP. I didn't do anything to change it, just watched for signs and took ovulation tests since I didn't know when it would come. It is so annoying to not have regular cycles. My whole life I had 28 day cycles then suddenly I stopped periods for 10 months straight then it went to 32-39 day long cycles. I still got pregnant my first try so I wouldn't mess with it but that's just how I feel.

If you ovulate you can get pregnant. It's more important to know that your ovulating period than trying to control it.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    some people with long or irregular cycles have their cycles get shorter and more regular on Vitex.

Some people with long cycles have their cycles become longer (this is less common.)

Some people with typical cycles have their cycles become longer or shorter on vitex and some people's remain the same.

Also, just because your cycle starts off doing one thing, does not mean it will stay that way indefinitely, so if you try V for a month or two and your cycle seems odd, it may normalize after that point.

the reason I advise vitex is because a lot of people have gotten girls while taking it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cycles are usually 35-40 days but since having coil removed and being on vitex and sp they have been 32 days with o on day 16 ish
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE