Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Struggling to get CM

After 6 weeks on the diet and just over a week from ovulating, I'm struggling to get any CM to check its ph.

I'm so dry, it's unheard of for me, I normally get about 7 days of EWCM.

I've been using lime douche and I think this is the reason. Has anyone else experienced such a drop in CM? Am I going to even stand a chance of falling pregnant if I'm so dry? Shall I cut back on the douche?

If I've got no CM, are the chances that the ph is within girl friendly ranges anyway?

Any thoughts or experiences really appreciated. DH is away next week, so I've got until Sunday to get in as many attempts as I can. This is our first cycle.

I know ph isn't that relied on by all on here, but I am someone who likes to feel I've got my bases covered. It would be reassuring to me if I could get a reading!

Thanks so much for reading.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say that I am on my 6th cycle ttc and I think my lack of cm is to blame. I've never been an abundant producer nd had to take Evening Primrose oil and Mucinex to conceive ds1 after 14 months. When I get something remotely stretchy it's a bit of a celebration.

Anyway, I feel like it's a good thing that you have effectively cut down, but regarding testing the ph- if you reach in a little closer to o I think you'll have enough for a reading. Plus closer to o is when your ph will be closer to it's true reading (it's my understanding that it will naturally change closer to o)... But kudos on the diet working for you- it's doing what it's supposed to!

Good luck.
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6 months - kudos to you. After just 6 weeks, I am seriously fed up of rice, or jam on bread! I'm desperate for some nutritious food and fish and chips! Thanks for posting, I'll leave it for a few days and test again if I get some. We are doing cut off, because DH is often away and also I have such long cycles and not totally sure when I ovulate.

I've bought Zirtek in, but I don't feel like I need to take it.

Thanks for posting - I'll see how things pan out in the next few days. It is good I can see the change in me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipadmad View Post
    6 months - kudos to you. After just 6 weeks, I am seriously fed up of rice, or jam on bread! I'm desperate for some nutritious food and fish and chips! Thanks for posting, I'll leave it for a few days and test again if I get some. We are doing cut off, because DH is often away and also I have such long cycles and not totally sure when I ovulate.

I've bought Zirtek in, but I don't feel like I need to take it.

Thanks for posting - I'll see how things pan out in the next few days. It is good I can see the change in me.
    I know. Trust me, I didn't plan on going this long. DS2 took one month so I thought I'd gotten away from having to try for so long. I have dropped things over time from my sway and am not as good on the diet as I have been. Hopefully that's counteracted by the fact that I'm obviously not a fertile-myrtle to begin with which sways pink.

FX for you, hope to see you in the bfp section soon!
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW - I love your name. What I would do for some smoked salmon or salty chips!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, first of all I wouldn't count on ANYTHING a week away from ovulation. That you have no CM or whatever your pH is today is utterly irrelevant because things can change before O. You should not be even bothering to check your pH a week before O, it tells you nothing.

Little to no CM - that's GOOD. If you have no visible CM, you've swayed pink. You don't NEED to check pH. But, I do think you'll get more CM closer to O - which is also good because you'll need some in order to conceive.

I think it's the diet (and of course, being a week away from O) making you dry. Douche can wash away CM, but your body will just make more.

Have you read this yet?http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ