Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    Thank you! DH will be very pleased!! I've gone veggie and am trying to adopt the LE diet principles but not counting calories so my milk isn't effected. And if I eat something naughty I don't feel too guilty. The only thing that has really changed is not as much salt - I was addicted to crisps!! But I was never much of a meat eater. I am skipping breakfast... But as I said doesn't seem to be effecting my supply.

Also what are your thoughts on milk and calcium generally - opinions seem to be mixed and its rather confusing!
    The milk calcium thing is a IG diet thing, here they don't believe it sways. LE is about low everything. You should be on skim milk (you may need to use full fat milk while feeding though, that's ok, you need the extra calories and protein) and skim everything (yoghurt, butter etc). Don't have much milk or cheese or your diet limits will be out the window in a flash. Many failed sways seem to have IG in common, that's not to say it can't work but I think loading with milk and cheese and yoghurt is kind of doing the opposite of what we are going for on LE. I still have as much as I can in my sway while sticking to the limits though, because you do need some calcium and protein.

Atomic did a big essay on calcium, and its sway or lack thereof. I will hunt it up.

Some of the info in the stickies is old and conflicting from the previous site manager and atomic is desperately trying to find time to clean it up, but she is often understandably in demand by our questions and providing support so it's taking time.

I'll hunt up some links.

Pleeeese keep in mind some of this can't work for you while feeding and I agree with atomic, sticking to calorie or fat or protein limits isn't healthy for you right now, and may stop you from ovulating entirely, as breast feeding often does anyway. Even skipping breakfast isn't good right now for you. Stick to 3 meals and don't snack. That would be healthier.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Meeks! It's hard to think about giving up breakfast as I've got used to it so maybe I'll have it at 11 instead so just an hour earlier and not snack as you suggested.

Great info re mixing of diets, thank you.

In a way do you think overall it is slightly pointless to be trying to sway via diet whilst bf-ing? At 6months we will start weaning so I had thought it would be good to be well into the diet. I guess there is no way of knowing what my fertility will be doing at that stage... Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. For some reason I expect it to take a while to conceive so am eager to get on with it. I'm also worried about miscarriage!

Presumably given the effects of the diet etc ttc a girl does take longer...?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Meeks! It's hard to think about giving up breakfast as I've got used to it so maybe I'll have it at 11 instead so just an hour earlier and not snack as you suggested.

Great info re mixing of diets, thank you.

In a way do you think overall it is slightly pointless to be trying to sway via diet whilst bf-ing? At 6months we will start weaning so I had thought it would be good to be well into the diet. I guess there is no way of knowing what my fertility will be doing at that stage... Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. For some reason I expect it to take a while to conceive so am eager to get on with it. I'm also worried about miscarriage!

Presumably given the effects of the diet etc ttc a girl does take longer...?
    Why don't you approach it like a training run? Maybe keep breaky, or have it at 11 like you said, but give up snacks, just eat 3 larger (because you are breast feeding and need the nutrients) vegetarian meals a day, and focus on feeding your beautiful bub. While you do that keep researching the diet and swaying. I learnt things every month and often wished I'd known more sooner. Use this time for planning. If you aren't using contraception between now and when you make your attempts, start temping. Temps tell you when and if you ovulate, and can confirm when you start to again. Unfortunately they tell you after the fact, so it's only helpful once you have temped for a few months you can learn your cycle. Then you time your attempt (if you plan to do abstain or fr).

I'd chill for a few months and do all your planning, then once weaning has begin, ramp up on the diet (slowly). Listen to your body though. Don't do too much too soon. Feeding is hard work.

Yes it can take longer TTC girl, but not always.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by meeks32 View Post
    Why don't you approach it like a training run? Maybe keep breaky, or have it at 11 like you said, but give up snacks, just eat 3 larger (because you are breast feeding and need the nutrients) vegetarian meals a day, and focus on feeding your beautiful bub. While you do that keep researching the diet and swaying. I learnt things every month and often wished I'd known more sooner. Use this time for planning. If you aren't using contraception between now and when you make your attempts, start temping. Temps tell you when and if you ovulate, and can confirm when you start to again. Unfortunately they tell you after the fact, so it's only helpful once you have temped for a few months you can learn your cycle. Then you time your attempt (if you plan to do abstain or fr).

I'd chill for a few months and do all your planning, then once weaning has begin, ramp up on the diet (slowly). Listen to your body though. Don't do too much too soon. Feeding is hard work.

Yes it can take longer TTC girl, but not always.
    Unfortunately temping wont work for me as my sleep is so broken. I've been doing opk's so I can gauge how long my luteal phase is (last was just 6 days) and won't actively start ttc until its normal, so after having had a regular cycle. I was hoping that would be before the 6 month mark but that is seeming increasingly unlikely.
    I'm not in a particular rush really, though I don't want a huge age gap. But thank you I will keep reading and learning as you suggest.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Been reading all this. . . Would it be good to take a calcium supplement to ensure calcium, but not get the fat protein and calories that dairy products will give you? Also, if you do take one, is it bad if it has vit d, magnesium, etc. The balance of these helps you to absorb the calcium itself better, but can maybe give you too much nutrition (vitamins you don't want..) Thoughts, thanks!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adorablebabyboymom View Post
    Been reading all this. . . Would it be good to take a calcium supplement to ensure calcium, but not get the fat protein and calories that dairy products will give you? Also, if you do take one, is it bad if it has vit d, magnesium, etc. The balance of these helps you to absorb the calcium itself better, but can maybe give you too much nutrition (vitamins you don't want..) Thoughts, thanks!!
    It's entirely up to you, but atomic's philosophy is 'low nutrient' sways girl, which means taking any kind of vitamins is a danger for pink swayers regardless of the lower calories fat and protein taking supps, you still get a massive boost in vitamins (nutrients) far higher than if you ate calcium, by taking it as a supplement. So in part you are on the right track, yes it's preferable to take it as a supplement rather than eating vast amounts of calcium laden foods which add fat and protein to your diet, but on the flip side the supplement version adds very high doses of calc/mag and could trick your body into thinking times are good, therefore sway boy.

Atomic's essay on calcium was what got me on her side with this, she went into detail about it and I really got it then.

I am doing a kind of half baked way to cover my bases by having dh take calc mag, but I take nothing. I do have enough dairy in my diet to survive and on days where I find I need extra fat/protein/cals I use dairy to top up.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I have PCOS, I don't have a regular cycle at all (maybe once a year) and dont ovulate. I was able to get a cycle back by taking supplements and got pregnant with DS3 that first cycle. (I got pregnant with my first two boys on clomid)I take femaprin (vitex), magnesium, inositol, dim plus, Vit D3, Maca, Folic acid, and NAC to actually have a cycle and ovulate. I am attempting to to the LE diet but also don't want to affect ovulation either. Any advice? Is LE the best "girl" diet for someone with PCOS?
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekerella View Post
    Because I have PCOS, I don't have a regular cycle at all (maybe once a year) and dont ovulate. I was able to get a cycle back by taking supplements and got pregnant with DS3 that first cycle. (I got pregnant with my first two boys on clomid)I take femaprin (vitex), magnesium, inositol, dim plus, Vit D3, Maca, Folic acid, and NAC to actually have a cycle and ovulate. I am attempting to to the LE diet but also don't want to affect ovulation either. Any advice? Is LE the best "girl" diet for someone with PCOS?
    Pm atomic about this. There are tweaks that are really important for pcos for LE diet. Good luck!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will this lessen my chances of getting a girl then if I were to get pregnant before 6months?
    I don't know and unfortunately this is one of those things that will be different for every individual anyway. Sorry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast