Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acidic diet vs IG/french gender diet what do you think atomic? or anyone?

Okay last month I ate a purely acidic diet basically all I ate: for breakfast a yogurt with aspartame, and I would add 2 packets of equal. Lunch: white rice with chicken, or with cod or tilapia. For dinner: white rice or plain pasta with cod, tilapia or chicken. I would drink caffeine free/diet coke (very acidic) CL makes my ph go up, i think its cause the citric acid. Every night I would have a bowl of fat free chocolate ice cream as that is very acidic as well. I would also drink a glass of red wine. Other moderately acidic foods: cranberries, unrefined cereals (stayed away from, I did sometimes eat puffed rice cereal), egg whites, and milk. Extremly acidic: aspartame, beer, breads, carbonated soft drinks, chocoloate, fruit juices with sugar. poultry, seafood, white bread, whole wheat foods, wine and sweetened yogurt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is a fine diet and will sway pink because it's low sodium, low nutrient, low calorie, and low fat. Plus the aspartame and whatever benefits the acidity brings with it. The only thing I worry about is the protein BUT if you are eating less protein than you were before TTC and hopefully losing a little weight, then that doesn't matter.

The wine makes me a bit nervous because it has reservatrol (chemical in grapes) which do seem to sway blue, but you're already doing so much to sway that a glass of wine here and there probably won't hurt a thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah way less protein, and white rice barely has any protein, the cod or tilapia, one of them, I cant remember doesnt have much protein at all. I will occasionallly have eggs as well. Usually during AF, I eat some stuff from the IG list, but during O week, thats basically all I eat, and I dont eat much at all. Oh and of course I have my calcium and magnesium

Coccinelle33
    this is pretty much what i have been eating as well but no meat and no red wine... i have eat other things that i should it but over all been sticking to this. i wonder if im eating to much protein though since im still eating prob just as much since i never eat meat and just replaced the veggie meat with milk and yogurt? im not sure what to do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try to keep the protein down regardless of source, but if you're losing weight anyway you ~may~ be able to get away with a bit more protein.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do grapes sway blue? I've been having some green grapes almost every week.
    [CENTER]
    Confirmed GIRL at 16w 3d!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - what specifically about reservatrol sways blue (other than just it being healthy in general)? This is my last month before my attempt and I'm considering giving up red wine but only if there is a very good reason to (it's my favorite thing in the world and giving it up for pregnancy is rough enough as it is!).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Grapes are fine, although, if you have a choice, the green ones are better for pink than the dark, purple ones. They just have to fit into your daily calorie totals. I ate lots of grapes during my sway.

Reservatrol is much more concentrated in wine than grapes. Red wine is not the preferred alcohol for a pink sway. I drank a glass (or bottle!) a few times a week, but I drank more beer. Moderate alcohol consumption for women is less than 7 drinks per week, and I went WAY over that. I drank a couple of beers or glasses of wine every night, and sometimes 3-4 per night on a weekend. I suspect that red wine in higher doses would sway more pink than blue, but I'd prefer to hear atomic's opinion on it.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is from early in 2011, I think a few grapes are perfectly fine. Any color.

When the site first began, most people believed much more in the old-school sway tactics and I had to tailor my responses to fit in with them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet22 View Post
    Atomic - what specifically about reservatrol sways blue (other than just it being healthy in general)? This is my last month before my attempt and I'm considering giving up red wine but only if there is a very good reason to (it's my favorite thing in the world and giving it up for pregnancy is rough enough as it is!).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    It's just the idea that it may be healthy in general. This is a super old thread and I was being overly conservative at this point.

several people got girls drinking red wine.

I still do believe that "when in doubt, leave it out" and if you ahve the option between more and less nutrient dense foods, pick the less nutrient dense one. Green grapes vs. red/purple, white wine vs. red. That doens't mean you can't get a girl eating purple grapes and drinking red wine, it's just that if you have the choice, why not err on the side of fewer nutrients, all things being equal.