Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

? About skipping breakfast

How many hours after waking is considered skipping breakfast? If I work night shift one day and get up at 5pm how long should I wait? If not working nights and sleep until 2pm or just 11am how when can I eat? In other words my wake time varies greatly, and so does my meal times...
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no magic about skipping breakfast. It's just suggested since it tends to be the easiest meal for most people to miss, as most people's 'main' meals are lunch and dinner. Also since skipping breakfast after sleeping makes a longer stretch with no food, and a lot of folks find if they do eat breakfast they get really hungry and have a hard time missing lunch.

But if you work nights the theory is upside down for you. So skip whatever the first meal after your longest sleep in the day is. There's no magic number of hours either, you can wait 3 hours, 5 hours, 7 hours, etc, whatever you can adapt to. Or skip any other meal. As long as you keep to 2-3 main meals and no snacks it doesn't matter that much how you arrange things as long as it works for your lifestyle.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just give it a few hours after rising - there's no right or wrong way to do it. It's not the time of day that matters, it's just going for awhile with no food in your tummy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes lauradeanna liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just give it a few hours after rising - there's no right or wrong way to do it. It's not the time of day that matters, it's just going for awhile with no food in your tummy.
    Got it, Atomic! Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post