Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

8 DPO and sooooooooooooo impatient!!!!!

Last sway (for a while anyway) and really hoping for a BFP but the 2WW is killing me.

I have the ultra early tests - Detects 10miu of pregnancy hormone (HCG) in urine - when is it likely to be positive???? BFN today but possible tesing to early!?!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is that the egg implants around day 8. It then takes a couple of days before enough of the hormone (sorry can't remember the name) is released to be detected. I think it's 10 days post ovulation (but I guess could be earlier). I thought the earliest pregnancy tests say 4 days before period?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    8 DPO is a little early, but some ladies on here have gotten their BFP then. And a BFN doesn't mean you're out by any means. Every pregnancy is different. GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally wouldn't recommend testing before you've missed your period - the risks of a chemical is quite high and you'd only get upset if you get a positive test only to find its a chemical.

I get why your impatient - God knows how many times I've tested early and been disappointed, but it really is better to wait instead of dragging yourself through an emotional rollercoster. TTC'ing is stressful enough as it is!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, the average implantation takes place from 5-7DPO. Basically it goes like this:

1-3dpo - fertilized egg travels down fallopian tubes

4-8dpo - egg reaches uterus and implants, which takes a few days

7-10dpo - HCG starts being produced. Early levels are only detectable in blood, it takes 2-3 days for detectable amounts to show up in urine.

The FRER ads that say "up to 5 days before expected period" assumes a 14 day LP. So really what it's say is 'as early as' 9DPO, but that would be EXTREMELY exceptional and assume you implanted at 5-6dpo which is much earlier than average. The earliest I've ever gotten a faint BFP with early IC's (20 miu sensitivity) is 10dpo.

ITA with Tiggerian though, sometimes early positives are a curse, not a blessing. A shockingly high number of fertilized eggs fail to implant successfully - up to 50% and more. I think a lot of ladies would agree that not knowing is better than knowing you had a chemical. So IMO it really is best to not test too early.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone!!! At least it's the weekend so I can occupy myself and then test again Monday (12 DPO)!
    DS1 (2005) DS2 (2008) DS3 (2015)

Blessed with three perfect little boys