Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc and breastfeeding questions

My DS2 is 4 months old and I'm currently breastfeeding solely with no intentions of stopping - shoukd start him on solids from 6 months.

My questions are -

1) Should I wait until I am finished breastfeeding to start ttc?
    2) is it safe to take supps, douche, antihistamines, aspartame, etc whilst breastfeeding?
    3) Haven't gotten my period as yet since his birth...should I wait until it returns? (Didn't get it back after DS1 until he was 14 months old!)
    4) should I wait until DS2 is older maybe? Was hoping to start swaying Mar-May 2013

DS2 was conceived while I was still breastfeeding DS1 although it was mainly just feeds before nap time and bedtime but my diet was totally boy friendly so no surprise I have two boys!

Anyone get their DD whilst breastfeeding a sibling and what were your swaying techniques used please xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    breastfeeding does sway pink, but my opinion is that it doesn't sway pink much when you're down to just a couple of feeds a day but that that can still prevent you taking certain supplements (saw palmetto, vitex with caution, antihistamines, etc). I conceived DS2 whilst BF (twice a day) when DS1 was 1 year old.

next time around I won't sway until I've stopped BF so I can do a stronger sway

antihistamines might dry up breast milk as well as CM so could affect supply
    vitex isn't proven either unsafe or safe when BF (we assume it's safe, but no evidence to prove this, so I tried to minimise the risks by taking it immediately after a feed)
    you can't take saw palmetto when BF
    can't take aspirin either

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks rainbowflower! Breastfeeding does limit a lot of sway techniques you can use which is making me wonder if I should wait or wean really.

Congrats on your baby boy! Our little ones are a month apart!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes bf'ing sways pink but you are likely not going to be fertile for awhile longer. Even after you get your first real PPAF it's very likely that the first few aren't true ovulatory cycles. So patience is called for, unfortunately.

Some ladies can conceive as soon as they get their AF back, some can't conceive at all while nursing. I was nursing DS3 until last month (he just turned 3) and we were down to only a few feeds a day, and even that was too much for my cycle. I had to wean completely except for one feed a day a few months ago to get my cycle back. So it's very individual.

Your little guy needs your mommy milk now though, so for now don't even worry about diet and all that, it's more important to eat well so he gets what he needs. You don't need to even think about diet until you're within a few months of your attempt anyways.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulaions on yours too! my DS1 has just turned 2 as well, and looks like we're both UK swayers as well so lots in common
    I won't be swaying again for a couple of years, though

I guess you have to do what you feel comfortable with. If you're not comfortable weaning your DS2 early you would have to decide to do a lighter sway or to wait to TTC

my personal plan is to start saw palmetto and perhaps vitex as soon as I stop BF, so even if that's 1+ years in advance of my sway depending on when we stop BF. I've only just weaned DS1 (we tandem fed) so not sure if I want to reach 2 years with DS2 or not yet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of your q's about safety are covered in this essay: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...stfeeding.html

Vitex may help your period return sooner, but as long as you have time on your side (under 38) I prob. wouldn't start it till he's a bit bigger, 6 months or so. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...nces-here.html

If possible, I think getting pg sooner rather than later may sway "pinker" than waiting, plus Mar-May are the girl peak months in the N. Hemisphere so it may behoove you to proceed, if you can get O back, that is.

I got one boy and one girl while breastfeeding. When I got my boy I was taking a lot of supps and with my girl I was not taking any supps.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, with DS 4 I caught the egg before I even had AF - it def. makes it more difficult to get pg, but some people really can get pg without ovulating regularly.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Yes bf'ing sways pink but you are likely not going to be fertile for awhile longer. Even after you get your first real PPAF it's very likely that the first few aren't true ovulatory cycles. So patience is called for, unfortunately.

Some ladies can conceive as soon as they get their AF back, some can't conceive at all while nursing. I was nursing DS3 until last month (he just turned 3) and we were down to only a few feeds a day, and even that was too much for my cycle. I had to wean completely except for one feed a day a few months ago to get my cycle back. So it's very individual.

Your little guy needs your mommy milk now though, so for now don't even worry about diet and all that, it's more important to eat well so he gets what he needs. You don't need to even think about diet until you're within a few months of your attempt anyways.
    You're so right - DS2 is my main concern now so going to keep breastfeeding and worry about diet when it comes to it! When he was conceived I had only just gotten AF back, DS1 was 14 months when it returned and 19 months when I conceived DS2. Think I wanted to conceive so quickly to make sure I could still have children at all (looking back now and having done lots of reading since then I realise it was perfectly normal to not have AF whilst breastfeeding)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    congratulaions on yours too! my DS1 has just turned 2 as well, and looks like we're both UK swayers as well so lots in common
    I won't be swaying again for a couple of years, though

I guess you have to do what you feel comfortable with. If you're not comfortable weaning your DS2 early you would have to decide to do a lighter sway or to wait to TTC

my personal plan is to start saw palmetto and perhaps vitex as soon as I stop BF, so even if that's 1+ years in advance of my sway depending on when we stop BF. I've only just weaned DS1 (we tandem fed) so not sure if I want to reach 2 years with DS2 or not yet.
    Wow we do have a lot in common! Yep looks like it might end up being a light sway if AF returns anytime soon! DS2 is a much better sleeper than DS1 so hopefully my hormones will get back into check a lot sooner.

That's so amazing you tandem fed! I did for two weeks when we brought home baby but my midwife made me wean...don't get me started on some of the midwives and the advice they're dishing out!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    A lot of your q's about safety are covered in this essay: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...stfeeding.html

Vitex may help your period return sooner, but as long as you have time on your side (under 38) I prob. wouldn't start it till he's a bit bigger, 6 months or so. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...nces-here.html

If possible, I think getting pg sooner rather than later may sway "pinker" than waiting, plus Mar-May are the girl peak months in the N. Hemisphere so it may behoove you to proceed, if you can get O back, that is.

I got one boy and one girl while breastfeeding. When I got my boy I was taking a lot of supps and with my girl I was not taking any supps.
    Thanks so much for the essay Atomic! I am in awe and truly grateful of the amount of work you do for women like me!

I planned to do my sway through those months in 2013 as I read in one of your essays that they swayed pink and being 31 I want to be finished with making babies by 32.

Is there an actual statistic out there about the gender most likely to be conceived whilst breastfeeding? I've got a couple friends who've conceived while breastfeeding and had boys but a friend of mine was conceived while her mother was breastfeeding her brother when he was 4 months old (unbeknownst to her)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast