Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stress about sway delaying O?

Has anyone had all the stress/planning that surrounds swaying delay ovulation? I am worried (of course this doen't help my stress levels) that I'm going to O late and end up with a long cut off, which would either prevent pregnancy or sway boy. We ended up DTD on day 13 and 14 (after frequent release leading up to it), as I usually O on day 16 or 17. Now I have absolutely no signs of O approaching - very dry/no CM, whereas usually I have tons of EWCM for 3 or 4 days prior to O (I know it's a good thing I don't have it, but still worrying). I am on strict diet and supps, planned to take Sudafed but don't think I even need it. Negative OPKs so far. Now I'm freaking out thinking maybe we should DTD one more time tonight in case I O late, but I'm sure I'll regret that if I O on time! Ugh, what to do??

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had same problem last month. I normally O around day 17-20, but I was late at day 22, but I knew I would be as I had no signs. I used OPK and went on what they said. I was taking Vit B6 for the first time too which can delay O. Luckily, despite all this, I did get my BFP!!! So I guess putting my trust in the OPK and my body's signs worked. Also after months of diet and supps, my usual abundant EWCM dried up loads anyway, so was not a good indicator of fertility. I would trust your OPK and check your Cx too, as that was the only reliable thing for me in the end.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The "evidence" that long cutoffs sway blue is scanty and unreliable. I wouldn't worry about it. Timing is one of the least important factors anyway and there is no earthly way that sperm could stay alive inside you if you have no CM. The CM is what keeps them alive for so long.

One nice thing about going for a cutoff is, if you do happen to end up Oing late, you can still go for an O+12 if you're worried you missed the egg. So don't panic, just hope for a +OPK soon but if you don't get one soon enough, you can wait until after O and go for an O+12 instead. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...How-to-do-O-12
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm on cd 20 and havent o yet. Im 3 days late. Not sure if it's from stress, increasing soy to help o, or stopping supplements.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My O was delayed this month too! Weird! I have never O'd later than cd 14 and this month it was very late on cd 16, almost on day 17. I did restrict my calories a lot in the month leading up to O and lost some weight. I was also exercising more again. The only other thing that was different is that I started taking a separate folic acid capsule. I dont think that could do it?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, limiting my calories, exercising more, or stress can completely throw off my O date. In December I got 2 colds and I went from Oing on Day 17 to Day 30!!! Some people are just more sensitive. Try to relax, and do positive thinking. Maybe even repeating a mantra to yourself about Oing?? It could help right?
    DS #1 12.28.09 at 34 weeks. Pre-term labor, terb pump, mag., bedrest Hoping it doesn't happen again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedAGirl! View Post
    My O was delayed this month too! Weird! I have never O'd later than cd 14 and this month it was very late on cd 16, almost on day 17. I did restrict my calories a lot in the month leading up to O and lost some weight. I was also exercising more again. The only other thing that was different is that I started taking a separate folic acid capsule. I dont think that could do it?
    Probably the lower calories and exercise. That can be a good sign that things are changing though.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    I'm on cd 20 and havent o yet. Im 3 days late. Not sure if it's from stress, increasing soy to help o, or stopping supplements.
    Soy can def. push O back depending on which days you take it - have you read this? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-girl-or-a-boy!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stellanneedsasis View Post
    For me, limiting my calories, exercising more, or stress can completely throw off my O date. In December I got 2 colds and I went from Oing on Day 17 to Day 30!!! Some people are just more sensitive. Try to relax, and do positive thinking. Maybe even repeating a mantra to yourself about Oing?? It could help right?
    Illness is one of the most common things that make O late! THx for sharing your experience!!