Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In a bad place

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

In a bad place

Hey all, I've been trying the LE diet and it's really tough! I have been on the Weight Watchers microwave meals and noodles to keep to my calorie limit. So far I've been within 1100-1350 calories from roughly 2000. I'm running out of ideas. I've had chicken yesterday and the day before with gravy and avoiding the potatoes (only had about 5 chips). Overall, I haven't had much chicken though. Generally I have a veggie diet, chicken was all I'd have because I think red meats are yucky. I've been having cheese but on days where I don't have chicken and those days I have roughly 20-30g of protein. I occasionally have some Jammie Dodgers but I've been laying off the sweets BIG TIME.

All I can think of now to eat is toast (lowish salt and added calcium) and an olive spread. I've got some noodles in and also not eating breakfast as I've heard that too much calcium can sway blue. I'm not eating fruit because I ate tons of the stuff when I conceived my son and none when I conceived my daughter. I've been trying to keep salt levels down but with a diet so dull, it's not easy but I've not been terrible. I'm also moderately exercising as I'm trying to distract myself from eating. I perhaps stared the diet a bit late in my 2ww because I couldn't put up with 6 weeks.

I'm adding aspirin, evening primrose oil, folic acid and vitex. I've been trying to get pregnant for 4 months but it isn't happening when I have no cervical mucous. I got pregnant first shot with the other two. I'm not doing the ion thing or wearing quarts. I also drink quite a lot. Usually Bacardi and diet Coke.

Am I doing badly - is my sway gonna fail??

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is my diet boy friendly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Strictly speaking the le diet is completely vegetarian. However, you need to be eating a minimum of 40g of protein a day in order to make healthy eggs and mantain a pg too. Chicken will give you a lot of protein but not many calories, leaving you with not much to play with for your other meals through the day. Unless you're insulin resistant or have pcos, it's best to eat a carb-heavy diet. Are you in the uk? If so I'll pm you a list of the foods that I've found really useful in the shops. I'm on my phone at the mo so it'd take me ages to tap out all the food I eat, but the ww micromeals are a good start! We'll get you out of this bad place and more at ease with the le diet

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm in the UK. The only problem with a carb diet is that I conceived my son eating loads of fruit and veg. I'm running out of time because I'm due to ovulate on Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    try pasta topped with cheese. Some of the WW pasta sauces are tasty too
    why can't you have a carb diet? sorry, maybe being dim, but not sure what you mean about the fruit + veg link?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Carbs are basically fruit and veg aren't they?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've ticked two boxes at least the low in nutrients and low in calories.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No carbs are things like rice and pasta and bread and potatoes hun.

I'm not an expert but I think you really have to do the diet for a decent amount of time for it to have a decent effect. I would definitely want to do it longer than a week or two, as we are trying to tell our bodies that we are in bad condition, we have a shortage of food and would be better conceiving a girl due to lack of resources, so it can take a while xxxxxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be careful on the boxed frozen meals- the sodium content on them is usually high.
    Go with things like, rice, pasta, noodles, low fat/no salt added cheese, veggie burger, lettuce, swiss cheese melts,
    baked potato every now and then, diet coke, crystal lite. I added in sweet treats at times to top off my calories.
    I would say either go with exercise 6x / week or not at all. To me, the moderate exercise sways blue.

read this link for some other ideas
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...hout-meat.html

good luck!!!
    Last edited by mydream; January 12th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, basically been eating noodles most of the time but I have to be careful not to repeat my diet I had when I conceived my son, I think I did have brekkie then though, I can't remember fully!

I can't do that much exercise and I walk 2 miles a day back from work, so I can't slack off either. Gahh this swaying is so hard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast