Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotting for 6 days before AF - hormonal changes??

I NEVER used to spot before starting all this swaying. I used to have 28 day cycles, AF would arrive at the same time every day, no warning. Since starting vitex and saw palmetto I start to spot for a few days before AF. This month I decided to take vitex & saw palmetto every day until my attempt at end of Feb (I must stress I am NOT ttc until then as I know it is important to not take it in the 2WW however I am taking it continuously before ttc to lower my testosterone). I am due AF on sunday according to my normal dates, not sure if it will arrive or not depending on how vitex and SP are affecting things but I started spotting on Monday and still am, so this is the 6th day. I googled spotting before AF and it seems a lot of it is caused by hormones - does this mean the vitex and SP are really affecting my hormones, is this a good thing?

April '13 - MMC & ERPC

LE since Jan '12, diet break in Dec '13 due to vanishing ovulation, back on it 'Jan 14

....BFN Feb & March (clomid cycles) with a 7/8 day LP

Hurry up BFP! Losing the will!

My FF homepage: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3323f5

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had that happen about 6 months ago....i started taking ladies mantle and drinking red raspberry tea and it went away. i took vitex this month for the first time (i have regular cycles normally 30 days) and AF came at CD 24.....so im not happy. Im not sure if its a good thing or not. I think its a sign of low progesterone/luteal phase defect... vitex is supposed to fix LPD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, it does mean that vitex and sp have affected your hormones. unsatisfying truth is that we don't know if it is a good thing or not. it sure seems like it would be but my Crystal ball is in the shop...my thinking is that change is generally a good thing. fx!!!!!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ