Coccinelle33

do you think having sex on or a day before ovulation is ok?

for ttc a girl? i think this month it's pretty close to ovulation. i was hoping for a 2-3 day cut off and then got scared because i had very sticky dry cm last night (and the last few days and maybe a little creamy at points) and a + opk and bd the night before. i thought for sure nothing would survive in that. my cm ph was a 4. so we bd again last night. i got another strong + opk this morning. bad girl timing here right?

this month-

the chart from my dd-

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any idea what you did the 1st time you got a girl? I am SURE we BD on or night before O with both of my girls. We DTD frequently, if not every day the week of O at least 5 of them.

Coccinelle33
    the second chart was with my dd. i did the french gender diet with her.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I REALLY REALLY think it is the CM that matters and not the day. The day only matters BECAUSE of the CM. So if you had sticky dry CM then that is good for pink regardless of the day you BD.

I have talked to TONS of people who BD right on O and got girls. In fact a lot of swaying opposites (people trying really hard for boys and so their timing was spot on.) Good luck!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi mommyduke, I am so glad you posted your charts - you certainly are a thorough charter! I was planning on dtd after a period of abstinence (7+ days) the day before O and day of O this month. Your charts make me feel more confident about doing this, so I thank you. I was just wondering if you are sure you have O already? It looks to me that you may O on CD20, which I am sure may be slightly later than normal for you? I say this only by looking at your OPK positives?? Can I ask why you only take Vitex for part of your cycle? I have started taking it this month and I am hoping it doesn't delay my O by too much. I am only taking a very small dosage one though (185mg). I hope you get that BFP this month!
    One and trying for a in 2011

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vitex seems to work best when taken only AF-O during months when you are TTC, because if you take it all month it actually can act as a (very unreliable) birth control pill. You can take it all month if you are not TTC and it may help sway pink even more when taken for a month or two every day before resuming the 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off pattern for TTC.

It is also unknown about its safety during pg so it may be safest taken that way.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! I will be sure to stop at o then.
    One and trying for a in 2011

Coccinelle33
    Quote Originally Posted by Babushka View Post
    Hi mommyduke, I am so glad you posted your charts - you certainly are a thorough charter! I was planning on dtd after a period of abstinence (7+ days) the day before O and day of O this month. Your charts make me feel more confident about doing this, so I thank you. I was just wondering if you are sure you have O already? It looks to me that you may O on CD20, which I am sure may be slightly later than normal for you? I say this only by looking at your OPK positives?? Can I ask why you only take Vitex for part of your cycle? I have started taking it this month and I am hoping it doesn't delay my O by too much. I am only taking a very small dosage one though (185mg). I hope you get that BFP this month!
    i normally ovulate around cd 16-18. so yes it has made me ovulate a little later. which is ok by me because i heard it favors girls anyway. im doing the vitex because i took it while ttc my dd for 8 months and i think that helped a lot. i actually didn't mean to skip the vitex for a week this month but i ran out and was out of town and then had to order it when i got home. i had been taking it all cycle long. from now on since im actively ttc im stopping at ovulation and starting again with af. i wish my dh would abstain but he says he cant. he's been "doing it himself" at least once in the morning and sometimes twice before we bd or once in the morning and once after we bd instead.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your DH is a MACHINE MD!!!! Honestly for him to release that much is good too! Frequent release!!!

10. Thanks kittendreams thanked for this post
    Coccinelle33
    lol omg i know