Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed sways

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed sways

This is my one and only sway at ttc a girl. I wondered if people who have swayed and failed wouldn't might sharing what they think the reason may have been (if any) to help those of us currently swaying. Obviously I understand that sometimes you do everything you can and still don't get your DG, I'm just really interested in what people would do differently if given another chance. Thanks in advance for any replies

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question! I failed at my sway for a girl. I used purely the shettles method - did frequent BD every day from AF to four days before o (four day cut-off). I am doing the opposite this time with abstain and bd/tbm day before o, and maybe will do day of o as well. But just once or twice as I think the build up of sperm (in the vagina after repeated bd) gives the boy ones an advantage. Also, i am doing sudafed to dry up some excess ewcm (i seem to produce a bit) and diet and supps. I am hoping this will be enough! Not that i regret having my DS in the end - he is just the light of my life!
    One and trying for a in 2011

Coccinelle33
    i have swayed 3 times for a girl....

the first time i did the french gender diet for months and was eating no white flour because i thought at the time thats what it said and no sweets of any kind. i lost 11 pounds which is a ton for me. and i got my girl.

with my next baby after her i was going to do the same thing i did with her but i got pregnant the first month and was only on the diet for maybe a month.

with my last baby i was only the ingender diet for months. i had got pregnant and was doing everything (strict diet, lime, lots of bd, cut off) but had a m/c and then gave up on the lime and bd on ovulation day. i was cheating here and there on the diet but i think the main thing was that i wasn't losing weight and i was eating late at night before bd.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MOMMY DUKE can i ask what other factors you did with your dd apart from french diet, timing ect? and what you think were the most important things?
    xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say I have no idea whatsoever why it didn't worked for me...everyone thought I will get a boy for sure. ( not me of course)

I did everything right even MSU . There was no full moon but please...to say I didn't get a boy because of the full moon was missing it's ridiculous. And I don't believe it for sure.
    So really wth Im doing here ttc again? don't know...I will ttc in Oct. IF...maybe I change my mind.not sure
    +1

Coccinelle33
    Quote Originally Posted by wishing on a star View Post
    MOMMY DUKE can i ask what other factors you did with your dd apart from french diet, timing ect? and what you think were the most important things?
    xxx

i really didn't do anything besides that. i did the french gender diet and took supplements. i didn't know about ingender at the time and was just doing what everyone was doing on fertilityfriend. i started the diet and supplements when my second son was 4 months old. i got pregnant when he was 10 months and had a m/c at 6 weeks and then got pregnant with my daughter the month he turned 1 year. i was taking calcium, magnesium, b-6, b-complex, a prenatal vitamin, lot's of cranberry pills, and vitex. i then stopped the vitex and did 160 mg of soy the month i got pregnant with her. we bd 3 days in a row and i think only had a 1 day cut off if that. my dh never did the diet and eats/drinks the same as he always has. i still ate breakfast and a late night snack like i always did. i ate a lot of yogurt and drank a lot of cranberry juice. i was eating a peanut butter sandwich every day for lunch with milk. i ate a lot of green beans and peas with noodles with homemade alfredo sauce. i ate mashed potatoes every now and then because the diet allowed it. i don't think i really had that great of a sway to be honest. it makes me think that what we do doesn't really matter and we get what we get. i really feel like my sway with my last boy was better. i think what i had working for me was the high amount of calcium, losing weight, and i got pregnant with her durning a new moon (the only one of all my children).
    Last edited by Coccinelle33; April 14th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I have to say I have no idea whatsoever why it didn't worked for me...everyone thought I will get a boy for sure. ( not me of course)

I did everything right even MSU . There was no full moon but please...to say I didn't get a boy because of the full moon was missing it's ridiculous. And I don't believe it for sure.
    So really wth Im doing here ttc again? don't know...I will ttc in Oct. IF...maybe I change my mind.not sure
    Flava, will you be changing your approach this time?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy*duke View Post
    i really didn't do anything besides that. i did the french gender diet and took supplements. i didn't know about ingender at the time and was just doing what everyone was doing on fertilityfriend. i started the diet and supplements when my second son was 4 months old. i got pregnant when he was 10 months and had a m/c at 6 weeks and then got pregnant with my daughter the month he turned 1 year. i was taking calcium, magnesium, b-6, b-complex, a prenatal vitamin, lot's of cranberry pills, and vitex. i then stopped the vitex and did 160 mg of soy the month i got pregnant with her. we bd 3 days in a row and i think only had a 1 day cut off if that. my dh never did the diet and eats/drinks the same as he always has. i still ate breakfast and a late night snack like i always did. i ate a lot of yogurt and drank a lot of cranberry juice. i was eating a peanut butter sandwich every day for lunch with milk. i ate a lot of green beans and peas with noodles with homemade alfredo sauce. i ate mashed potatoes every now and then because the diet allowed it. i don't think i really had that great of a sway to be honest. it makes me think that what we do doesn't really matter and we get what we get. i really feel like my sway with my last boy was better. i think what i had working for me was the high amount of calcium, losing weight, and i got pregnant with her durning a new moon (the only one of all my children).
    Thanks for the reply, the more and more i read about it im convinced that timing dosent matter! If i dont get my bfp this month then will continue with diet, supps sct and just dtd when i feel like it next month, its becoming such a chore i dont want it to be a strain and take the fun out of it!! Dh knows why i want it all the time instead of being more spontaneous lol
    xx

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is all really useful, thank you! And also reminds you that you can have a great sway and not necessarily get your DG which I want to be fully prepared for.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    Flava, will you be changing your approach this time?
    I just don't know what to do!? new is the green tea for me and I will try this blueberry pom. V fussion .Also the NYF (in pill) have to order some and see.
    Don't know what else really...maybe change some sups.
    +1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast