Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help regarding length of dieting

Nw that I'll probably be moving my ttc time to aug/ sept, I'm going to be relaxing my diet a bit by being a it more healthy. Would it still be considered LE diet if I skip b'fast, not eat red meat ( 99% of the time), some chicken, mostly seafood. Lots of veg n carbs. Slow weight loss like 1/2 kg a week. Would I be considered to be on the LE diet? Just that I was reading on the stats and the 80% success rate was 21-24 weeks on diet. Would that be on the diet very strictly? Like totally no meat etc?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that sounds like a good idea as you are not ttc for a while. It has been mentioned on posts before that if you are waiting for a few months it is better to start out with a diet you can do and then as you get closer (an egg takes 90 days to mature so 3 months prior seems good to me) try to be stricter. Being on strict LE for too long can cause too much weight to be lost and boredom (=cheating), so this is a great approach. The chicken and seafood are not part of LE, but also don't "destroy" it if eaten in small amounts. Statistics are helpful, but confusing too because everyone's understanding and adherence to diet is different. I say I did LE for 4 months but there were cheat times for me (thanksgiving).
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was on the LE diet for 8 months i wouldn't start too soon cause it does get tough and you don't want to loose all your weight too early and have none left for close to conception, atomic does way the decline in condition is important and if you're on a platau you're not still declining if you see what i mean. plus i certainlty didn't think after two one hit wonders it would take 8 months to conceive!

I'd go veggie now and then start the diet and skipping breakfast no snacks etc about 3 months before you're first attempt (which if you're strict with other factors is unlikely to get you preggie anyway). you don't want to loose so much weight you don't ovulate and you don't want to get to the point where further weight loss is hard as you certaintly don't want to end up gaining at the point you ttc

good luck with what you decide, i'd reccomend a perosnalised plan x
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your replies I'm actually finding it quite good not having breakfast. Maybe I'll have some fruit instead as that is still light.

Fish, did you have any cheats through your 8 months? How strict would you say you were? Fx for both of you strawberry and fish!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you are moving in the direction of less, you're still swaying pink. Can you call that LE Diet - only if you are staying in the 40-50 g protein, 1500-1800 cal, 25-60 g fat with no prenatals. Losing weight and skipping breakfast, even better. That's all the LE Diet is - you can eat meat in LE Diet, it's not forbidden, it's just that it can make it harder to stick to the diet.

I would NOT do the full LE Diet all the way until closer to your sway. I would eat more protein and fat. How much weight to lose and when depends largely on how much you have to lose all together.

That is what we can never know from statistics - because there's no way other than self-reported info - so we really can't tell how strict people were. I seriously, serioulsy doubt that people were doing a very restrictive diet that whole entire time - don't forget, on LE Diet, cheating is not only allowed but encouraged because it makes it easier to stick to diet the rest of the time.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 25th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also just a reminder that I do not believe in the "egg priming" idea and if a person has very little wieght to lose I do not think it's smart to start diet 90 days in advance - you will risk stopping ovulation. For people who have weight to spare, it's fine, but I'm concerned about people taking those stats and the egg priming idea too much to heart - if you weigh 85 lbs-125 lbs (or more if you're taller) you should NOT be on diet for 3 months no ifs ands or buts about it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long before ttc do you recommend stopping multi vitamins and fish oil?
    Last edited by Lara3; February 26th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey goodus i was pretty strict i ate no meat for 8 months maybe breaky ten times and seafood five time on social occassions, i lost weight every week but by 7-8 months it was getting difficult to loose weight and my weight platued a bit which I would rather have avoided I had to add the exercise to at the end to keep loosing weight! I tracked my cal/protien/fat on pretty much everyday except for a weeks holiday. It was tough, teh day of AF i'd ahve a cheat day and eat anything except meat.

My sway was not ideal and this is part of my sway journey that isn't ideal, there's non ideal bits to most peoples sway but I went veggie 2 months before ttc pink and LE proper 6 weeks before TTC personally i wouldn't aim for more than the 6 weeks atomic suggests
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone that can help? I'm about 6 months out from ttc too. Should I stop women's multi and fish oil now?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lara, I'm still taking my vitamins ( when I remember!) I'm assuming when we go full on LE like 3 months before ttc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast