Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Affraid to gain weight n LE diet! Please advise!

Ladies,

I'm currently doing a low carb hight protein and fat diet and finally loosing weight.

Before i was pregnant of my ds1, more than five years ago, i was sometimes trying low cal (low fat normal protein) diets and not loosing anything... Couldn't following it for more than two weeks and then just quit because i was hungry and cranky and feeling a bit dizzy all the time (low blood sugars following sky highg bg levels?). (Btw, is this just the feeling you have to have on the LE diet, indicating you're doing a great job?) i think i'm just not the type to losse weight on low cal high carb diets...

So, i def want to try the le after my wedding end of June. I really want to try the LE diet before my wedding, but can't risk to gain weight otherwise my dress will not fit me anymore ;-)

Maybe i just have to wait till after my wedding and then start swaying, but i really want to conceive asap after the wedding. And with a minimum of 6 weeks on the le diet it'll be not untill august that we can ttc...

So, are there any of you who didn't loose weight on the le diet? Or have the same experience i had?

Thanks!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whether you lose weight or simply maintain (or sometimes even gain if very underweight) depends entirely on where you are in terms of healthy weight for you. Obviously if you have a lot of weight to lose, you'd want to drop weight for your sway. If you're already on the low side of normal then maintaining is a better strategy because being underweight can affect your health and fertility.

Low carb high protein is the opposite of what you want to do for a pink sway. The weight loss would be good for the pink sway but the high protein would swing blue. I would highly recommend spending some time and carefully reading all the FAQ threads in this forum and see if you can figure out something that works for you.

If you're not swaying until summer anyways, you have lots of time. You only have to be on the LE diet 6 weeks before TTC, and 3 months is more then plenty. It's a difficult diet to stick to so you don't want to start too early. I saw where you want to get preggo asap after your wedding, but it really takes 6 weeks minimum to count on the diet having effect.

In the meantime, worry about your wedding! And, congratulations!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    My bmi is now 22,6, so it is reallybhard for me to loose weight.
    I was planning keep a food diary and calculate nutriients, than to drop egg yellow, fatty fish, nuts and red meat and than see if i'm within the limits. (So lots of veggies and maybe some toast or white bread).

Together with supplements, no exercising, FR and light beverages with artificial sweeteners (in doubt wether i'll tkae diet coke, not sure about the caffein) it will be a good sway i think.

Lets indeed focus on the wedding and then take my time to do the diet for at least 6 weeks.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14